+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 NDVO FSWO applicants (CIO-LVO route), please connect here.

Been waiting

Dec 28, 2017
If you guys are landing at ONTARIO.
There will be a gap of 90+ days in between landing and health insurance coverage (OHIP)

It might be fruitful to get insurance for this period from a Canadian insurer. (Only)

Indian insurer will not have direct payment facility to hospital/doctor in Canada and it will be based on presenting expenses and claiming. Which is obviously ... T R O U B L E.

https://arbetovinsurance.com/new-immigrants-canada-insurance/
check for insurance here.

If you need more info or quotes that I gathered, advice on how much insurance cover etc etc... Tag me.. and like the post.
Hi @Lakhanpal.saurabh i see u putting a lot of valuable information like the one u stated above on frequent basis.. sadly a lot of this will get buried under the messages to come .. if we can do a faq's blog it will be great for everyone to follow.. I am happy to help you make it happen.. what say??

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Hi @Lakhanpal.saurabh i see u putting a lot of valuable information like the one u stated above on frequent basis.. sadly a lot of this will get buried under the messages to come .. if we can do a faq's blog it will be great for everyone to follow.. I am happy to help you make it happen.. what say??
Thanks for the offer bro!!
Already have a PDF (57 paged yet) under construction : ) .. a few more days... And it will be posted!!!

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
WHAT SORT OF BANK ACCOUNT YOU SHOULD HAVE BACK IN INDIA, ONCE YOU LEAVE FOR CANADA?

A Non-Resident Indian is often faced with the situation of maintaining a Rupee account in India. Primarily there are two reasons for opening such account: NRI wants to repatriate overseas earned money back to India and/or NRI wants to keep India based earnings in India. NRI has the option of opening a Non Resident Rupee (NRE) account and/or a Non Resident Ordinary Rupee (NRO) account. An NRO account can also be opened by a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and an Overseas citizen of India (OCI).

Similarities between NRE and NRO accounts:

Both accounts can be opened as Savings as well as current accounts and are Indian Rupee accounts. One needs to maintain an average monthly balance of Rs 75000 in both NRE and NRO accounts.

The Differences between NRE and NRO accounts:

1. Repatriation: NRE account is freely repatriable (Principal and interest earned) while the NRO account has restricted repatriability i.e permitted remittance allowed from NRO is up to USD 1 million net of applicable taxes in a financial year after giving undertaking along with a certificate from a chartered accountant.

2. Tax Treatment: NRE account is Tax free (no Income tax, wealth tax and gift tax) in India. On the other hand the interest earned in NRO account and credit balances are subject to respective income tax bracket and are also subject to applicable wealth and gift tax.

3. Deposit of Rupee funds generated in India: If an NRI/PIO/OCI is earning income originating in India (such as salary, rent, dividends etc.) he/she is only allowed to deposit it in NRO account. Deposit of such earnings is not permitted in NRE account.

4. Joint Holding: NRE account can be iointly held with another NRI but not with resident Indian. On the other hand NRO account can be held with NRI as well as resident Indian (close relative) as defined under Section 6 of the Companies Act 1956.

Choose NRE accounts if you:

(Primary reason) want to park your overseas earnings remitted to India converted to Indian Rupees;

want to maintain savings in Rupee but keep them liquid;

want to make a joint account with another NRI;

want Rupee savings to be freely repatriable

Choose NRO account if you:

(Primary reason) want to park India based earnings in Rupees in India;

want account to deposit income earned in India such as rent, dividends etc;

want to open account with resident Indian (close relative)

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
**ATTENTION SOFT LANDERS**

FIRST THING FIRST

If you have been a permanent resident for five (5) years or more

~ you must have been physically present in Canada for a minimum of 730 days within the past five (5) years.

However,
You may also count days outside of Canada as days that you meet the residency obligation in these situations:
Situation 1. Accompanying a Canadian citizen outside Canada
You may count each day you accompanied a Canadian citizen outside Canada as long as this person is your spouse, common-law partner or parent (if you are a child under 19 years of age).
Proofs are needed

Situation 2. Employment outside Canada
You may count each day you worked outside Canada if:
you are an employee of, or under contract to, a Canadian business or the public service of Canada or of a province or territory and
as a term of your job or contract, you are assigned on a full-time basis to:

a position outside Canada

an affiliated enterprise outside Canada or

a client of the Canadian business or the public service outside Canada; and

you will continue working for the employer in Canada after the assignment.

Situation 3. Accompanying a permanent resident outside Canada
You may count each day you accompanied a permanent resident outside Canada as long as:
the person you accompanied is your spouse, common-law partner or parent (if you are a child under 19 years of age); and
the person was employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or in the public service of Canada or of a province or territory during the time you accompanied him or her.
Proof are needed

Humanitarian and compassionate grounds
If you cannot meet the residency obligation, we will consider any compelling humanitarian and compassionate factors in your individual circumstances that may justify that you keep your permanent resident status.

MOST IMPORTANT IS TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU PR CARD HAS AN EXPIRY. SO ANY TIME YOU GO FOR RENEWL YOU MUST HAVE STAYED IN CANADA FOR 2 YEARS OUT OF PAST 5 YEARS FROM THE DATE OF EXIRY OF PR CARD.

NOW SOME IMPORTANT THINGS:
COPR/PR visa expiration is related to the medical expiry date and will be mentioned on it. You and all your dependents must enter before this date. Primary applicant must land first and activate the landing. Secondary/dependent applicants can either land together or follow at a later date but before the expiry.

On landing the address that you provide the border officer, is the one that will be used for mailing you your PR card once it is ready. As per current average times it may take anywhere between 63-120 days. (in most cases delay being due to photographs, which you are requested to resubmit).

If you leave the country without your PR card (which is now essentially your proof of residence as well as your travel card to re-enter Canada), then there are 3 options available for you in order to return back to Canada:
1. Have someone carry or send your PR card once received in mail. However Please note that it is possible but NOT RECOMMENDED to send PR card outside of Canada in mail/courier. If it is noticed at the border then it may be seized by the border authorities.
2. Apply for PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document) from the Canadian embassy once you leave. This is good for single entry and may take upto 3-4 weeks for the embassy to process.
3. If you have US visa (or dont need it) then fly to US and travel to Canada by road and enter by showing ur Copr. This is not ideal but is acceptable only for border crossings by "Road" in a private car.

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
*Child benift entitlement and calculation*

Entitlement -
1. Gross Family income *less than 30000 CAD gross.*
Benifit Per child paid in consecutive year in your bank account.

*2yr - 18yr : 5400 CAD per year*
*0yr - 2yr : 6400 CAD per year*

2. The Family income is *in between 30000 CAD to 65000 CAD.*

2-18yr/0-2yr : 5400/6400 CAD minus 7% if one child and 13.5% if 2 children.

Eg. Say income is 40000 CAD (one child)
7% of (40-30k) = 700 CAD
So, the benift is 5400-700=4700 CAD per year.

3. Gross family incone Above 65000 CAD
2-18yr/0-2yr : 5400/6400 CAD minus 7% + 14% (FOR 1 CHILD) AND 13.5% + 6.5% (FOR 2 CHILDREN)

Eg. Say income is 75000 CAD (one child)
7% of (65-30k) = 2450 CAD
14% of (75-65k) = 1400 CAD

So, the benift is 5400-(2450+1400) = 1550 CAD per year.

*SAURABH LAKHANPAL*

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/canada-child-benefit-overview.html

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hi guys , got ppr today, but it does not have the link to pay rprf request link. what should i do ? i have not paid it upfront.
Wow! You got PPR without having paid the RPRF? Are you sure it’s a PPR or just RPRF request?

Reactions: Cynicalmonk

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Hi guys , got ppr today, but it does not have the link to pay rprf request link. what should i do ? i have not paid it upfront.
@Lakhanpal.saurabh any thoughts ??
*PAYING RPRF*
1. Either your got RPRF request as email or a message in your GC key, anyways.
2. Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=IN&lob=rprf leading you to the revenue department’s page, create an ID, make payment, generate a receipt, save PDF.
3. If you had an email request, attach the PDF and reply to the email. If two RPRF was to be paid then pay at one go 490cad x 2.
4. If you had a message in your GC key, go to “View application” find new tabs for uploading RPRF, if there are two tabs (as you are married). Make payment twice one by one (490 cad each) and generate your receipts as told above.
If you have one tab then pay at one go, like told above.
If you have no TAB, pay in one go and raise a CSE for New Delhi.

DON'T BE A BICK IN THE WALL.. PAY YOUR RPRF EVEN IF THERE IS NO DEMAND OR TAB.
Don't wait

Reactions: Been waiting

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
@Lakhanpal.saurabh any thoughts ??
This has happened to 3 more people. And what we did and the guys got the stamping done seamlessly is:
Paid RPRF (read how in my above post)
Immidiately attached the rprf with email to delhiimmigration (along with application details)
Raised a cse for ndvo
Took a pint of rprf, ppr, passport, photographs etc and summited the lot to VFS on the same day (ppr day) itself.
They all got the stamp done now.

Earlier on 16/11 also this happened, people waited for a week for tab to appear, they wrote emails, some one told to send the rprf by email.
One of my dear friend Varun, on my behest was the first one to submit the passport as I described. He even got an apology call from ndvo.

Reactions: Been waiting