+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 NDVO FSWO applicants (CIO-LVO route), please connect here.

drCAN

Aug 22, 2017
Once you have your CoPR letter, contact Sergio and refer my name in the email...

*Taking money to Canada safely and not incurring excessive banking/transaction/conversation fees*

The best way will be to open a bank account in Canada and transfer the settlement through TT in one go, incurring least banking fee and one time conversation charge.

The account can only be opened post CoPR. This is what they call a deposit account. You can only deposit money and not take it out before landing in Canada. The deposit account can be converted into any preferred bank account upon visiting the chosen bank's branch.

Here is how RBC will deal with this. They will also provide you with an attested balance certificate for show at immigration desk at the canadian airport.

Here is the email I got for the procedure to be followed:

Apply for an RBC Royal Bank account
1 message

*Fantini, Sergio <sergio.fantini@rbc.com>* Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 9:13 PM
To: saurabh lakhanpal <lakhanpal.saurabh>
Hello Saurabh lakhanpal

Thank you for your interest in opening an RBC Royal Bank® account. My name is
Sergio Fantini. As your Banking Advisor, I will be assisting you with your application.

To help you get started, I’m enclosing an application for a no-monthly-fee RBC Day to
Day Savings® account. The RBC Royal Bank account you open before you come to Canada is a deposit account, and your funds will be held as “deposit only.” This means you can deposit money into the account, but you cannot withdraw from it until you arrive in Canada.

What do you need to apply?
Copies of 2 pieces of identification from List 1
A supporting document from List 2, if applying with foreign identification The date you expect to arrive in Canada

To open an account before you arrive in Canada, please follow the steps below:
1. Complete your account application
For a Sole Ownership Account (1 account owner), complete: Application Form (#116819), and
Specimen Signature Form (# 40830).

For a Joint Ownership Account (multiple account owners), complete:
Application Form (#116819) for each account owner,
Specimen Signature Form (# 40830) for each account owner, and
Specimen Signature Form for Joint Deposit Accounts (# 40832). One Form signed by all the account owners.

Note: An account that will be used on behalf of a third party must be opened in person at any RBC Royal Bank branch in Canada.

2. Have your documentation certified
You will need to visit an RBC employee, a notary or a lawyer who will verify your identification and documents. They must complete the RBC Agent Agreement in the application for each account owner.

Please visit one of the following:
a notary or lawyer listed on:
your jurisdiction’s official Notary Public or Law Society listing the www.martindale.com website
an RBC representative from an RBC Caribbean branch, click here to find a location
an RBC representative from the Royal Bank of Canada Beijing Branch
Royal Bank of Canada Beijing Branch
Suite 921, Winland Centre
No. 7 Financial Street
Xi Cheng District
Beijing 100033 P.R. China
Local number: (86-10) 5839-9200
China Toll-free number: 800-990-1188
Email: BJCB@rbc.com

3. Send us your application
(OPTIONAL) You can email me scanned copies of your application package to review prior to sending it to Canada and I can advise if everything is in order. When your application is complete, please mail it to me directly. Once I have received and reviewed your package, I will notify you of your application status.

Thank you for choosing RBC Royal Bank and I look forward to receiving your application package shortly. Please feel free to contact me directly with any further banking questions you may have.
Sergio
Sergio Fantini | Account Manager International Banking
|Royal Bank Plaza | RBC Royal Bank 200 Bay Street, Toronto, ON M5J 2J5 | T. 416- 313-5957| F. 416974-0910
Sergio Fantini | Mutual Funds Representative
|Royal Bank Plaza | Royal Mutual Funds INC 200 Bay Street, Toronto, ON M5J 2J5 | T. 416- 313-5957| F. 416-974-0910

Attachments:
1. Personal Deposit Account application package (Application Form # 10821,
Specimen Signature Form # 40830 and 40832, and RBC Agent Agreement) **IMPORTANT: Please write on the top of the application your expected arrival date**
Additional Information:
RBC Royal Bank Disclosures and Agreements and Interest Rates for Personal
Deposit Accounts
Newcomers to Canada
Moving to Canada
List 1 - Identification Requirements
Please provide two pieces of identification from the list below. The identification must be valid (not expired) and one must be a passport.
Canadian or Foreign passport (Required)
Foreign National ID card
Foreign Driver’s Licence
U.S. Birth Certificate
U.S. Driver’s Licence
Canadian Driver’s Licence
Canadian Birth Certificate
IMM 1000 - Record of Landing
IMM 1442 - Temporary Resident Permit
IMM 5292 - Confirmation of Permanent Residence
Permanent Resident Card
Certificate of Canadian Citizenship or Certification of Naturalization (paper or card)
Certificate of Indian Status
Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN) card issued by the Government of
Canada
Canadian Old Age Security card with SIN
Provincial health insurance card (not permitted if issued in PEI, Manitoba, Nova
Scotia or Ontario)
Provincially issued identification card with photo Protocol Identity Card or Acceptance issued by:
Global Affairs Canada (GAC),
Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD), or
Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT)

List 2 – Supporting Documents
Please provide a Supporting Document if applying with 2 pieces of foreign identification.

Work or Study permit Application Number, or Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, or Port of Entry Letter of Introduction issued by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Permanent Residence Application Number, or Confirmation of Permanent
Residence document issued by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC)
Acceptance Letter from a Canadian educational institution
Confirmation of enrolment letter from a Canadian educational institution
Your application checklist
Before you submit your personal deposit account application, please ensure it includes the following:

¨ the RBC Agent Agreement completed by an RBC representative, notary or lawyer
¨ Application Form (#116819) for each account owner
¨ Specimen Signature Form (# 40830 and 40832, if applicable), for each account owner certified as true originals
¨ copies of 2 pieces of identification from List 1 for each account owner
¨ supporting document from List 2
¨ The date you expect to arrive in Canada. Date (YYYY/MM/DD): _______________

® / ™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada.

If you received this email in error, please advise the sender (by return email or otherwise) immediately. You have consented to receive the attached electronically at the above-noted email address; please retain a copy of this confirmation for future reference. You may unsubscribe from promotional emails. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen. Vous avez accepté de recevoir le(s) document(s) ci-joint(s) par voie électronique à l'adresse courriel indiquée ci-dessus; veuillez conserver une copie de cette confirmation pour les fins de reference future. Vous pouvez vous désinscrire de la liste d’envoi de courriels promotionnels.

1. Personal Deposit Account Application CRS.pdf 425 KB

The RBC will charge 17 CAD for TT, rest there will be no charges for one year.
Your bank will charge 1500 odd rupees for TT.
AND CONVERSATION YOU WILL HAVE TO BEAR... NO MATTER WHICH INSTRUMENT YOU WILL CHOOSE.
Thanks saurabh.

Reactions: Lakhanpal.saurabh

drCAN

Aug 22, 2017
Once you have your CoPR letter, contact Sergio and refer my name in the email...

*Taking money to Canada safely and not incurring excessive banking/transaction/conversation fees*

The best way will be to open a bank account in Canada and transfer the settlement through TT in one go, incurring least banking fee and one time conversation charge.

The account can only be opened post CoPR. This is what they call a deposit account. You can only deposit money and not take it out before landing in Canada. The deposit account can be converted into any preferred bank account upon visiting the chosen bank's branch.

Here is how RBC will deal with this. They will also provide you with an attested balance certificate for show at immigration desk at the canadian airport.

Here is the email I got for the procedure to be followed:

Apply for an RBC Royal Bank account
1 message

*Fantini, Sergio <sergio.fantini@rbc.com>* Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 9:13 PM
To: saurabh lakhanpal <lakhanpal.saurabh>
Hello Saurabh lakhanpal

Thank you for your interest in opening an RBC Royal Bank® account. My name is
Sergio Fantini. As your Banking Advisor, I will be assisting you with your application.

To help you get started, I’m enclosing an application for a no-monthly-fee RBC Day to
Day Savings® account. The RBC Royal Bank account you open before you come to Canada is a deposit account, and your funds will be held as “deposit only.” This means you can deposit money into the account, but you cannot withdraw from it until you arrive in Canada.

What do you need to apply?
Copies of 2 pieces of identification from List 1
A supporting document from List 2, if applying with foreign identification The date you expect to arrive in Canada

To open an account before you arrive in Canada, please follow the steps below:
1. Complete your account application
For a Sole Ownership Account (1 account owner), complete: Application Form (#116819), and
Specimen Signature Form (# 40830).

For a Joint Ownership Account (multiple account owners), complete:
Application Form (#116819) for each account owner,
Specimen Signature Form (# 40830) for each account owner, and
Specimen Signature Form for Joint Deposit Accounts (# 40832). One Form signed by all the account owners.

Note: An account that will be used on behalf of a third party must be opened in person at any RBC Royal Bank branch in Canada.

2. Have your documentation certified
You will need to visit an RBC employee, a notary or a lawyer who will verify your identification and documents. They must complete the RBC Agent Agreement in the application for each account owner.

Please visit one of the following:
a notary or lawyer listed on:
your jurisdiction’s official Notary Public or Law Society listing the www.martindale.com website
an RBC representative from an RBC Caribbean branch, click here to find a location
an RBC representative from the Royal Bank of Canada Beijing Branch
Royal Bank of Canada Beijing Branch
Suite 921, Winland Centre
No. 7 Financial Street
Xi Cheng District
Beijing 100033 P.R. China
Local number: (86-10) 5839-9200
China Toll-free number: 800-990-1188
Email: BJCB@rbc.com

3. Send us your application
(OPTIONAL) You can email me scanned copies of your application package to review prior to sending it to Canada and I can advise if everything is in order. When your application is complete, please mail it to me directly. Once I have received and reviewed your package, I will notify you of your application status.

Thank you for choosing RBC Royal Bank and I look forward to receiving your application package shortly. Please feel free to contact me directly with any further banking questions you may have.
Sergio
Sergio Fantini | Account Manager International Banking
|Royal Bank Plaza | RBC Royal Bank 200 Bay Street, Toronto, ON M5J 2J5 | T. 416- 313-5957| F. 416974-0910
Sergio Fantini | Mutual Funds Representative
|Royal Bank Plaza | Royal Mutual Funds INC 200 Bay Street, Toronto, ON M5J 2J5 | T. 416- 313-5957| F. 416-974-0910

Attachments:
1. Personal Deposit Account application package (Application Form # 10821,
Specimen Signature Form # 40830 and 40832, and RBC Agent Agreement) **IMPORTANT: Please write on the top of the application your expected arrival date**
Additional Information:
RBC Royal Bank Disclosures and Agreements and Interest Rates for Personal
Deposit Accounts
Newcomers to Canada
Moving to Canada
List 1 - Identification Requirements
Please provide two pieces of identification from the list below. The identification must be valid (not expired) and one must be a passport.
Canadian or Foreign passport (Required)
Foreign National ID card
Foreign Driver’s Licence
U.S. Birth Certificate
U.S. Driver’s Licence
Canadian Driver’s Licence
Canadian Birth Certificate
IMM 1000 - Record of Landing
IMM 1442 - Temporary Resident Permit
IMM 5292 - Confirmation of Permanent Residence
Permanent Resident Card
Certificate of Canadian Citizenship or Certification of Naturalization (paper or card)
Certificate of Indian Status
Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN) card issued by the Government of
Canada
Canadian Old Age Security card with SIN
Provincial health insurance card (not permitted if issued in PEI, Manitoba, Nova
Scotia or Ontario)
Provincially issued identification card with photo Protocol Identity Card or Acceptance issued by:
Global Affairs Canada (GAC),
Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD), or
Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT)

List 2 – Supporting Documents
Please provide a Supporting Document if applying with 2 pieces of foreign identification.

Work or Study permit Application Number, or Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, or Port of Entry Letter of Introduction issued by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Permanent Residence Application Number, or Confirmation of Permanent
Residence document issued by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC)
Acceptance Letter from a Canadian educational institution
Confirmation of enrolment letter from a Canadian educational institution
Your application checklist
Before you submit your personal deposit account application, please ensure it includes the following:

¨ the RBC Agent Agreement completed by an RBC representative, notary or lawyer
¨ Application Form (#116819) for each account owner
¨ Specimen Signature Form (# 40830 and 40832, if applicable), for each account owner certified as true originals
¨ copies of 2 pieces of identification from List 1 for each account owner
¨ supporting document from List 2
¨ The date you expect to arrive in Canada. Date (YYYY/MM/DD): _______________

® / ™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada.

If you received this email in error, please advise the sender (by return email or otherwise) immediately. You have consented to receive the attached electronically at the above-noted email address; please retain a copy of this confirmation for future reference. You may unsubscribe from promotional emails. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen. Vous avez accepté de recevoir le(s) document(s) ci-joint(s) par voie électronique à l'adresse courriel indiquée ci-dessus; veuillez conserver une copie de cette confirmation pour les fins de reference future. Vous pouvez vous désinscrire de la liste d’envoi de courriels promotionnels.

1. Personal Deposit Account Application CRS.pdf 425 KB

The RBC will charge 17 CAD for TT, rest there will be no charges for one year.
Your bank will charge 1500 odd rupees for TT.
AND CONVERSATION YOU WILL HAVE TO BEAR... NO MATTER WHICH INSTRUMENT YOU WILL CHOOSE.
Is COPR letter sent in soft copy or hard copy by Canada High Commission?

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Reactions: drCAN

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Is COPR letter sent in soft copy or hard copy by Canada High Commission?
You will receive two hard copies of CoPR along with your passport in a sealed envelope.

Regarding funds, I have opened an account with Scotia bank but I haven’t transferred the amount. Most probably I will carry cash with me.

drCAN

Aug 22, 2017
You will receive two hard copies of CoPR along with your passport in a sealed envelope.

Regarding funds, I have opened an account with Scotia bank but I haven’t transferred the amount. Most probably I will carry cash with me.
That's good. But can we carry more than $ 10000 in cash. There are restrictions imposed on the amount which we can carry in cash.

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Last edited:

Lakhanpal.saurabh

Apr 23, 2015
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY TO New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
Nil
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
24-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
That's good. But can we carry more than $ 10000 in cash. There are restrictions imposed on the amount which we can carry in cash.
Carry anything and as much you like... Just will have to declare it...

arjunmalkar

Jul 5, 2017
Hi guys,

i got revert today on my december email to CIC.My File is with NDVO.

how can we contact them to check status of application.

Thanks in advance

RS1

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
I got reply for my case spec enquiry that I raised :
We verified the information provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.....

Any input on above guys