+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 PR CARD APPLICANTS TIMELINE

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
quasar81 said:
Lucky here, wife's application thrown into a dark room called secondary review.

What a Bul* **censored word* on promises from Liberals. New refugees get PR card faster than PRs living here for years. Straightforward cases thrown in Secondary reviews.
How did u get to kno it?

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys lets calm down, its all about individual case, the PR is needed only if a person wants to travel, your status will not change if your PR expired, because you are a permament resident, so incase if someone required an urgent travelling there are options you can use in order to speed up the pr renewal process or get the PRTD. At the end we have to respect everyone's job.

Just be patience and positive. and enjoy our beautiful Canada.
Have a great week ahead.

quasar81 said:

What a Bul* **censored word* on promises from Liberals. New refugees get PR card faster than PRs living here for years. Straightforward cases thrown in Secondary reviews.

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
quasar81 said:

U received an email or a letter? Whts up with ur ecas? R u able to access it?

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
rihaf said:
Call the call center they will update u as u r done with ur 6wks time so they vl give u the updates. Wen were u able to chk ecas? I got AOR 2 wks ago n i cant still log in to ecas
Contacted the call centre at noon and apparently it was mailed out 10am this morning, pretty good timing.

Nov 16, 2015
I landed on the 30th of September, did not have a valid address to give when landing so was told to call immigration Canada and update it or do it via their website. I updated the address on the website on the 5th of October, the website told me it can take upto 15 days to update the address in the system. I logged in about 4 days later and the address was updated. No further updates.

Today opened my mailbox to find my PR card had arrived!! It's the 31st of October ! That is some amazing speed, Kudos to the Government on speeding up a notoriously slow process. The current processing time at the CIC website for New PR cards is 41 days. I updated my address on the 5th of this month and on the 26th day had the Card in my hand ! 8)

Expiry is of course 5 years from now. Case processing office was Sydney.NS and I live in Montreal.

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-10-2011 (Initial review is complete)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Buffalo - Ottawa (June 2012)
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
That's pretty good.. congratulations..

19 said:
I landed on the 30th of September, did not have a valid address to give when landing so was told to call immigration Canada and update it or do it via their website. I updated the address on the website on the 5th of October, the website told me it can take upto 15 days to update the address in the system. I logged in about 4 days later and the address was updated. No further updates.

Today opened my mailbox to find my PR card had arrived!! It's the 31st of October ! That is some amazing speed, Kudos to the Government on speeding up a notoriously slow process. The current processing time at the CIC website for New PR cards is 41 days. I updated my address on the 5th of this month and on the 26th day had the Card in my hand ! 8)

Expiry is of course 5 years from now. Case processing office was Sydney.NS and I live in Montreal.

momohj25

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
Med's Request
31-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-08-2012
Passport Req..
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
LANDED..........
I received AOR today through my email. I hope the card would be ready next month before i put in for my citizenship application. Fingers crossed!

nhosany

Apr 8, 2015
Guys,
Below is my timeline. I got Pr in 1.5 months.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 12, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 28, 2016.
We started processing your application on September 28, 2016.

I got the PR in the mail on 30th October. Ecas still shows in process.
Regards
Nawaz

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Hey Nawaz,

Congrats on getting PR so fast! Can you share the documents taht you sent to CIC for PR renewal?

Did you get tranlations of your passport stamps and also did you apply for urgent processing?

Thanks for your help!!

nhosany

Apr 8, 2015
Hello
I did not apply for urgent processing, just normal one, below are documents i sent:
- photocopies of passports bio page + any page that has a stamp (not all pages)- for last 5 years only
- translation of one page from arabic to english
- COPR
- BIO page of passport used to enter canada
- Notice of assessment within the pass 5 years, i had 4 NOA
- T4 for the past 5 years
-Copy of PR card, front and back

Kraretto

Apr 6, 2016
My update:

Sent the form at the end of July and they started to process at the end of Aug. And I just received my card today.

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
JimSharp said:
my timeline is the same: July 13 arrived. August 18 opened. No news since then. Card expired Oct. 5. I opened a ticket today online, since I think it is past time. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Heard back on the ticket I opened. Card was approved and mailed to local office. I have to do in-person pick-up, same as last time.

Guess they must like me! Now just waiting on the note for when my appt. is.

justinline

May 19, 2009
Got mine as well.

Sent application mid of September.
No AOR.
Checked online status processing started 29 September.
My neighbor left me a note yesterday saying he has a mail for me delivered in his mail box a day before. He dint want to leave at the door, as he figured out there is some card in it and looks like from Government department. Good thing was he knew my name, so was pretty sure it is for a current resident.....so dint automatically put it in the resend bin. I also get so many many mails for the previous apartment residents in my box, I just take a quick look for the name and put it in the resend bin.

So grateful for now......otherwise I would have been running around CIC for months.