+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 PR CARD APPLICANTS TIMELINE

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
whammy2008 said:
ECAS updated... now waiting for card :):)

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 11, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 17, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 17, 2016.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on September 13, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 12, 2016.
good, my ECAS also (finally) updated this past weekend, it's weird that our timeline is different yet our cards were sent out the same day:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 5, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 1, 2016.
We started processing your application on September 1, 2016.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on September 29, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Also waiting... Hopefully tomorrow.

greta0233

Oct 5, 2016
I just checked the status of my application and It shows they mailed my card on Oct 12 . My timeline is they received my app on Aug 7th, and started to process my case on Sept 6th and mailed my card on Oct 12. Good luck to everyone

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
whammy2008 said:
ECAS updated... now waiting for card :):)

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 11, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 17, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 17, 2016.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on September 13, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
If you don't mind, when did they update that your request was approved (and was this a new card or renewal?) Your time line is just a bit before mine but I don't see an approval notice in my eCAC - maybe that is just for new cards?

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JimSharp said:
If you don't mind, when did they update that your request was approved (and was this a new card or renewal?) Your time line is just a bit before mine but I don't see an approval notice in my eCAC - maybe that is just for new cards?
I believe it was updated over weekend as friday nite it was showing in process and on Monday morning it was showing completed. My request was for renewal

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Dear All, I have a question about documents attestation for Spouse PR Card renewal. What documents, if any, we need to attest?
she has less than 730 days of physical presence in Canada i.e 695 days ( due to her own cancer, father's cancer,high risk pregnancy, birth of our daughter and finally compassionate care to her father) . I stayed for 298 days with her outside Canada as canadian Citizen ( 695+298= 998 days in Total). So we have enough of days for her renewal.
I have already completed the application package and sealed it. Now I found that we need to attest photocopies???
My friend applied in August for PR card renewal and did not attest documents and his application shows In Process.
I am sending all the tickets for my travel to her country from Canada,our marriage certificate+ my passport + citizenship certificate.
Do we really need to attest these as CIC already has these documents except my tickets on file with them? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Attestation will again waste a few days as I need to make an appointment.
is there anyone who DID NOT attest their documents and got renewal? Or is everyone attesting documents?
Please help

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-10-2011 (Initial review is complete)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Buffalo - Ottawa (June 2012)
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
noolan said:
Dear All, I have a question about documents attestation for Spouse PR Card renewal. What documents, if any, we need to attest?
she has less than 730 days of physical presence in Canada i.e 695 days ( due to her own cancer, father's cancer,high risk pregnancy, birth of our daughter and finally compassionate care to her father) . I stayed for 298 days with her outside Canada as canadian Citizen ( 695+298= 998 days in Total). So we have enough of days for her renewal.
I have already completed the application package and sealed it. Now I found that we need to attest photocopies???
My friend applied in August for PR card renewal and did not attest documents and his application shows In Process.
I am sending all the tickets for my travel to her country from Canada,our marriage certificate+ my passport + citizenship certificate.
Do we really need to attest these as CIC already has these documents except my tickets on file with them? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Attestation will again waste a few days as I need to make an appointment.
is there anyone who DID NOT attest their documents and got renewal? Or is everyone attesting documents?
Please help
My advise: Call CIC call center and ask an agent. I had similar confusion, I called them and got answer to my question.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Thanks Bro. I will call but you know you need to be on the phone with them for more than half an hour to get a response, and i work till 5pm : ???
Anyone with any information, please help.

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
neuroticdan said:
good, my ECAS also (finally) updated this past weekend, it's weird that our timeline is different yet our cards were sent out the same day:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 5, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 1, 2016.
We started processing your application on September 1, 2016.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on September 29, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Also waiting... Hopefully tomorrow.
Hi is it a new PR card (landing) application ?

What did you use as your identification ? UCI / Copr No?

Thanks

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
whammy2008 said:
I believe it was updated over weekend as friday nite it was showing in process and on Monday morning it was showing completed. My request was for renewal

After acknowledgement how long it takes to show on ecas? I got my acknowledgment through email last wk but m not able to access my ecas uptil now. Is it normal?

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
quasar81 said:
Mailed PR card renewal App Sep 20. Reached Sep 26

Today got email " We have received your app Sep 26"

ECAS nothing showing. Can't even log in actually.
Exactly same with me. My app was received by them just a day after u. But i cant access my ecas :(

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rihaf said:
After acknowledgement how long it takes to show on ecas? I got my acknowledgment through email last wk but m not able to access my ecas uptil now. Is it normal?

I am not sure as I had checked about 15 days after I had got email.

greta0233

Oct 5, 2016
whammy2008 said:
Hi Whammy2008, have you received your PR card ? They sent my card on Oct 12 and I haven't get it yet.

nhosany

Apr 8, 2015
Below is my timeline:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 12, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 28, 2016.
We started processing your application on September 28, 2016.

I am still awaiting and nothing new on ecas. It seemed pretty fast after they received my application on the 12th September to start processing it on the 28th.

Normally after starting processing it, how much time is takes to get approved?
Thanks

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greta0233 said:
Hi Whammy2008, have you received your PR card ? They sent my card on Oct 12 and I haven't get it yet.
Yes.. I got my card on 17th Oct.

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
whammy2008 said:

Ohk thanks for responding.
Can anyone else help me out here? I got my AOar on friday and yet I can't access my ecas. Is this normal??