21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
JimSharp said:
Timeline:
Application received in Sydney July 13, 2016
Correspondence confirming receipt sent August 18, 2016 (never received the snail-mailed or emailed copy, though I had made a mistake inputting the physical address, so that could be the issue although I don't know why I didn't get an email.)
Started processing: August 18, 2016
I called them September 30, 2016 and was told the card was being printed. That is when I discovered the address issue and went on line and fixed.
The updated address shows correctly on my eCIC now and I got an email from the agent I spoke to, so the email works and physical address is correct.
Card expired Oct. 5, 2016.
Still waiting on card or further notification. Called again on Oct. 4 but they had no further info. I'm assuming it is in the post.
If I don't get it soon I guess I will have to pay an immigration lawyer to see what is up. It's too difficult to track down information.
That's my story. I'll let you know if it ever shows up. I did just go get my original landing docs out of the safe-deposit box in case I have to travel before it arrives.
Thank you for your reply.

I think the only solution is to be patient and wait. Ultimately, we will get it. It is a matter of time and if it had a problem, they will either request documents from you or refer it to secondary review. Both did not happen. You dont need a lawyer. All what we need is patience.

Let's keep each other posted of our status.

Take care.

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
elie72 said:
Thank you for your reply.

I think the only solution is to be patient and wait. Ultimately, we will get it. It is a matter of time and if it had a problem, they will either request documents from you or refer it to secondary review. Both did not happen. You dont need a lawyer. All what we need is patience.

Let's keep each other posted of our status.

Take care.
Yeah, I'm not much concerned about "getting" the card in that I'm 100% legally entitled to it. I've been landed for about 20 years and never had any issues - in fact CIC has usually been very helpful, despite long hold times sometimes. I'm only concerned about "getting" it in that I travel a lot so I'm going to have to travel soon without the card. I'm "visa-exempt" and travel mostly to the states, but I'd rather not sit through too many secondary immigration interviews at Pearson in the next few months. That can make a long trip longer.

I'll let you know what I learn. I'll probably try to give them a call again at the end of the week if I don't get any correspondence. I just hope my address mistake didn't cause a huge bureaucratic snafu with my file going into some sort of black hole. I can't imagine the agent was not telling the truth when they told me the card was "printing" but the time-line suggested I should hear pretty soon. I suppose I could end up with an interview to get the card. That happened once before, probably because I travel so much.

winie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
HI,

My wallet was stolen and it had my PR Card in it.

Applied for a Replacement - 12th September 2016
AOR - 28th September 2016
In Processing - 29th September 2016

I had also attached copy of police report, COPR and my stolen PR Card.

I am travelling to India in January and my tickets were booked way before the card got stolen.

Will I be able to get it before that (cause I 've heard that there is no processing of applications in December) or should I contact CIC regarding this to process my application faster?

And also I read in someone comments that Replacement of stolen or lost PR cards is little faster than renewal. IS it true?

Thanks!

rimli

May 16, 2016
helenaD said:
Hi there I mailed our family(4) PR cards renewal application in Jan 2016, and got email AOR today (Mar 17) stating they had received it on Jan 28th. However we only got AOR email for 3 of the 4 applications (my husband and 2 sons), I have yet to receive the email regarding my own application, all were sent together in one package. Is this usual, that they might be processed separately?
Helena.
Hi Helena, I have the exact situation, except my family application was received August 2015, my husband and kids got theirs in January 2016, as for me in Feb 2016 they asked for additional docs, and since then I haven't heard anything from them. All together, its almost 1 year & 2 months - no news....

rpishere

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-22-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-18-2014 (with RPRF and PCC)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2015 (Received 03-09-2015)
LANDED..........
Sep '2015
My wife & kid got their card today. I called and been told my card is also mailed out 2 days ago. Timeline:

App submitted: Jul 13
AoR: Aug 18
PR Card Received: Oct 14

BTW - eCas still not updated. Cheers, have a good weekend.

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Thanks for the update, rpishere.

I guess I'm pretty much two weeks behind you in the queue... My AoR was on Sep 1 (received Aug 5).

So, your ECAS never changed? Mine still says "we started processing your application on Sep 1". Wish they'd provide some more detail.

rpishere

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-22-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-18-2014 (with RPRF and PCC)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2015 (Received 03-09-2015)
LANDED..........
Sep '2015
eCas updated when I got AoR but not after card is mailed out. I had to call them to find out.

neuroticdan said:
Thanks for the update, rpishere.

I guess I'm pretty much two weeks behind you in the queue... My AoR was on Sep 1 (received Aug 5).

So, your ECAS never changed? Mine still says "we started processing your application on Sep 1". Wish they'd provide some more detail.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Mailed PR card renewal App Sep 20. Reached Sep 26

Today got email " We have received your app Sep 26"

ECAS nothing showing. Can't even log in actually.

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rpishere said:
My wife & kid got their card today. I called and been told my card is also mailed out 2 days ago. Timeline:

do you know how they send the card? is it via canada post...

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
quasar81 said:

It takes a couple of days for you to be able to log in and see your status after the AoR. Check maybe on Monday.

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
rpishere said:

That's the exact same timeline as mine, submission date and AoR. Hoping the mail Monday does me right... Thanks for info.

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-10-2011 (Initial review is complete)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Buffalo - Ottawa (June 2012)
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
quasar81 said:

Thanks for the update. Mine is first PR Card application but hoping it's the same pool as renewals.. not sure though.
The application date is just a couple of days after you so I hope I receive an update soon.
Application sent Sep 28.
No updates as of Oct 17.
Waiting for AOR......

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ECAS updated... now waiting for card :):)

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 11, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 17, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 17, 2016.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on September 13, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 12, 2016.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
whammy2008 said:
ECAS updated... now waiting for card :):)

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 11, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 17, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 17, 2016.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on September 13, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 12, 2016.

One month from approval to mail !!

Atleast it was approved without an year long god knows what Secondary review!!

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quasar81 said:
One month from approval to mail !!

Atleast it was approved without an year long god knows what Secondary review!!
they sent it for printing on 3rd oct!!!!

Edit:: Finally received my PR CARD :):)