+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 PR CARD APPLICANTS TIMELINE

promod

Aug 5, 2016
bubulici said:
It's all written in the instructions. Moreover, absence is absence. Out of Canada for 1 second, means you were absent for 1 second. As simple as that.
Not really if you return the same day then its not absence.

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
ok can you show me where does it say on the website.They say list all absences in the instruction guide but dont specify if you come back the same day if thats counted as eell or not.Kindly please help me out i am pretty confused.

promod

Aug 5, 2016
VraiVie said:
ok can you show me where does it say on the website.They say list all absences in the instruction guide but dont specify if you come back the same day if thats counted as eell or not.Kindly please help me out i am pretty confused.

See this in PR page but to check if you qualify for citizenship

You may be eligible for Canadian citizenship

You may be eligible for Canadian citizenship if:

you are a permanent resident of Canada;
in the six years immediately before the day you apply for citizenship:
you have lived in Canada for at least 1,460 days; and
you have been physically present for at least 183 days in each of four calendar years fully or partially within the six years and
you meet all other conditions.

I used it for my calculations for days in Canada with CBSA report. IRCC sent the CARD to local office to be collected on 26th Oct...they received the application on 6 July.

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
elie72 said:
This happened to me as well. I did not receive any AOR email from IRCC although I sent my email. I searched in my junk emails, nothing. But my ECAS is in process. I called and asked them , they had no answer for that.
Me as well. No email, but when I called to ask a question they said card was "being printed" and emailed a link with the answer to my question.

I did not ask why they didn't email in the first place. Got the other email so email addy worked. Dunno the reason.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
JimSharp said:
Me as well. No email, but when I called to ask a question they said card was "being printed" and emailed a link with the answer to my question.

I did not ask why they didn't email in the first place. Got the other email so email addy worked. Dunno the reason.
Hi,
Would you please share your timeline.
Did you get your card yet? When was the expiry of your old card? Mine will expire on 23 Feb 2017.
What was the content of the other email? Does it relate to the card renewal
Thanks for sharing information.

Have a great weekend!

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
promod said:
Not really if you return the same day then its not absence.
I was talking in the context of declaring/filling out forms.

That same day trips do not *count* is another story. They are absences to be declared nonetheless.

promod

Aug 5, 2016
bubulici said:
I was talking in the context of declaring/filling out forms.

That same day trips do not *count* is another story. They are absences to be declared nonetheless.
I filled the form with zero days.

Zohra1968

Sep 22, 2016
Hi. Just wanted to share my timeline for my husbands PR card urgent renewal process. I sent the application on September 26, 2016 and CIC received it on September 29, 2016. They started processing the application on September 29 and approved it on September 30. They mailed the new PR card on October 4, 2016 and we received it today on October 7, 2016.
In the application package we sent the entire application including the document checklist. We included a doctors note from my father in law from Pakistan saying that he has been advised strict bed rest for minimum 2-3 months. We included a letter saying that he is very sick and has no other family except for a small daughter to care for him. We included a copy of my husbands ticket including proof of payment. We even wrote in the letter saying that we are including our ticket and proof of payment and placed the letter on top and wrote "URGENT" on the front and back of the application envelope.
We also contacted the office of our local MP and one of his people emailed and asked about our case a couple of times. We are so completely grateful that our card came on time before our flight. I really hope any of this information is helpful for any of you who are applying for a renewal application.
Also we got an AOR on sept 29, 2016 and I was able to check my status online 2 days later and it said "In process". The status said completed today, the same day we got our card.
Wish you all the best of luck with your applications.

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Zohra1968 said:
Hi. Just wanted to share my timeline for my husbands PR card urgent renewal process. I sent the application on September 26, 2016 and CIC received it on September 29, 2016. They started processing the application on September 29 and approved it on September 30. They mailed the new PR card on October 4, 2016 and we received it today on October 7, 2016.
In the application package we sent the entire application including the document checklist. We included a doctors note from my father in law from Pakistan saying that he has been advised strict bed rest for minimum 2-3 months. We included a letter saying that he is very sick and has no other family except for a small daughter to care for him. We included a copy of my husbands ticket including proof of payment. We even wrote in the letter saying that we are including our ticket and proof of payment and placed the letter on top and wrote "URGENT" on the front and back of the application envelope.
We also contacted the office of our local MP and one of his people emailed and asked about our case a couple of times. We are so completely grateful that our card came on time before our flight. I really hope any of this information is helpful for any of you who are applying for a renewal application.

Thank you zohra for your detailed info as well.did you send any other docs to prove residency as in bank statements bills credit card statements.what docs you recommend in order to support that.
Also we got an AOR on sept 29, 2016 and I was able to check my status online 2 days later and it said "In process". The status said completed today, the same day we got our card.
Wish you all the best of luck with your applications.

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-10-2011 (Initial review is complete)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Buffalo - Ottawa (June 2012)
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
Application sent Sep 28.
11 days passed...
No updates as of Oct 9.
Waiting for AOR......

shsiddiki

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
with application
AOR Received.
5-Mar-2015 (PER)
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
1-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-Oct-2015 , Passport submitted on 20th Oct
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Oct, 2015
LANDED..........
Landed June 2016 :)
Guys, I landed in Canada on 8th June and fill all required docs and fly out from Canada on 11th july, my Son PR card was delivered at my Canadian address where mine, my wife and daughter they send letter to send pics as per specs, I sent new pics which were delivered to case processing officer on 7th September since then I am waiting , can anyone tell me how much more time should I expect for PR card delivery?

Need advice / comments

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mshaikh said:
Application sent Sep 28.
11 days passed...
No updates as of Oct 9.
Waiting for AOR......
Don't worry AOR of PR card renewal takes round 30/40 days.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shsiddiki said:
Guys, I landed in Canada on 8th June and fill all required docs and fly out from Canada on 11th july, my Son PR card was delivered at my Canadian address where mine, my wife and daughter they send letter to send pics as per specs, I sent new pics which were delivered to case processing officer on 7th September since then I am waiting , can anyone tell me how much more time should I expect for PR card delivery?

Need advice / comments
Best way to update is call centre.

shsiddiki

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
with application
AOR Received.
5-Mar-2015 (PER)
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
1-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-Oct-2015 , Passport submitted on 20th Oct
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Oct, 2015
LANDED..........
Landed June 2016 :)
ar_fabrics said:
Best way to find update is call centre.
can you share call centre number I will call from outside of Canada

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
elie72 said:
Hi,
Would you please share your timeline.
Did you get your card yet? When was the expiry of your old card? Mine will expire on 23 Feb 2017.
What was the content of the other email? Does it relate to the card renewal
Thanks for sharing information.

Have a great weekend!
Timeline:
Application received in Sydney July 13, 2016
Correspondence confirming receipt sent August 18, 2016 (never received the snail-mailed or emailed copy, though I had made a mistake inputting the physical address, so that could be the issue although I don't know why I didn't get an email.)
Started processing: August 18, 2016
I called them September 30, 2016 and was told the card was being printed. That is when I discovered the address issue and went on line and fixed.
The updated address shows correctly on my eCIC now and I got an email from the agent I spoke to, so the email works and physical address is correct.
Card expired Oct. 5, 2016.
Still waiting on card or further notification. Called again on Oct. 4 but they had no further info. I'm assuming it is in the post.
If I don't get it soon I guess I will have to pay an immigration lawyer to see what is up. It's too difficult to track down information.
That's my story. I'll let you know if it ever shows up. I did just go get my original landing docs out of the safe-deposit box in case I have to travel before it arrives.