+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 PR CARD APPLICANTS TIMELINE

Oct 2, 2016
Hi everyone!

My mother, who is a permanent resident already, applied to renew her card on December 14, 2015. But until now, she has not received her new card.
We checked online and called CIC but they both said her application is still being processed, for 10 months already.

Does anyone know anyway that our family can voice our concern and frustration?

Thank you!

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is her timeline?

Duc Viet Truong said:
Hi everyone!

My mother, who is a permanent resident already, applied to renew her card on December 14, 2015. But until now, she has not received her new card.
We checked online and called CIC but they both said her application is still being processed, for 10 months already.

Does anyone know anyway that our family can voice our concern and frustration?

Thank you!

Oct 2, 2016
RAY2112 said:
What is her timeline?
- We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 14, 2015.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 3, 2016.
- We started processing your application on March 3, 2016.
- We sent you correspondence on March 15, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

We sent additional information since May 2016. I called CIC and they confirmed that they got additional information.

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Q: Can you ask for urgent processing if you have over 4 months to go before the PR card expires?
Also did anyone of you have extensive travel history? I have quite a lot of travel but I do have met the residency obligation without issue. Would this be a cause for delay?

Finally - did you notarize/attest your documents while sending them?

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
called IRCC today and was told that my card was in production and should be posted out this week..

shsiddiki

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
with application
AOR Received.
5-Mar-2015 (PER)
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
1-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-Oct-2015 , Passport submitted on 20th Oct
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Oct, 2015
LANDED..........
Landed June 2016 :)
RAY2112 said:
I am in the same boat as you. All what we can do is to wait. I think there is no chance that IRCC send us a second review notice since our application already passed four months. But there is still a small chance they might go with that. Its all spiculations.
Guys, I landed in Canada on 8th June and fill all required docs and fly out from Canada on 11th july, my Son PR card was delivered at my Canadian address where mine, my wife and daughter they send letter to send pics as per specs, I sent new pics which were delivered to case processing officer on 7th September since then I am waiting , can anyone tell me how much more time should I expect for PR card delivery?

thanks

promod

Aug 5, 2016
whammy2008 said:
called IRCC today and was told that my card was in production and should be posted out this week..
Called IRCC today...I have collect my card from local office. A letter is sent yesterday by IRCC about the instructions.

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
promod said:
Called IRCC today...I have collect my card from local office. A letter is sent yesterday by IRCC about the instructions.

congrats

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
whammy2008 said:
I have a similar timeline to yours, to replace a PR card

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 13, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 18, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 18, 2016.

I called Friday and was told it was being "printed" and there did not seem to be any issues, although when I asked "does that mean it was approved" I only got a "basically, yes." Since my old card expires tomorrow, I'm hoping that is "basically" true!

Question for anyone out there - I had to change my mailing address (via ECAS) on Friday as well. It still does not show the change on the ECAS. Anyone have any experience with how long it takes to show up in Sydney and/or to show up on my ECAS page?

Thanks in advance.

promod

Aug 5, 2016
JimSharp said:

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 18, 2016.

I called Friday and was told it was being "printed" and there did not seem to be any issues, although when I asked "does that mean it was approved" I only got a "basically, yes." Since my old card expires tomorrow, I'm hoping that is "basically" true!

Question for anyone out there - I had to change my mailing address (via ECAS) on Friday as well. It still does not show the change on the ECAS. Anyone have any experience with how long it takes to show up in Sydney and/or to show up on my ECAS page?

Thanks in advance.
Call them to confirm the postal address ASAP.

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
JimSharp said:

Don't worry about it expiring before you get your new one, you don't need to have a valid PR card unless you're travelling to Canada by plane (or another type of commercial carrier, e.g. bus).

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JimSharp said:

Thanks in advance.

did they tell you how much time it takes to be shipped to our home? I asked but she didn't give an answer..

yaanlpc

Mar 24, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015 (cic)
Doc's Request.
14-02-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2016, xPresspost activated 16th.
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
Hi guys, may I ask you a few quick questions as a fresh PR?

I just landed two weeks ago, I am wondering if the ECAS will activate the 1st PR application?

will I receive the AOR for 1st pr card application like PR application?

If positive for all of above two question, generally speaking, when the ECAS activates the application and issues AOR for PR card application?

thank you for all my best!

greta0233

Oct 5, 2016
Hi , May I ask a question about the status of my case .
ECAS shows that they started to process my case on Sep 6th 2016 but I have not received AOR or any email or mail from CIC so far. May I ask what is this mean? They did not activate my case yet?Thank you