+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2015 JANUARY - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICATION

charliej

Sep 13, 2014
missmegan said:
Anyone know if you send the sponsor's canadian proof of residency by scanning the documents and emailing them, or if you have to mail them?
I scanned and emailed proof in today. :} Very excited!
Hope everyone hears good news soon!

Edin2Van

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
Doc's Request.
20-08-2015
AOR Received.
SA 15-04-2015
jamsham12 said:
Yea same thing but the notes say medical passed so I'll disregard I think we will get DM within the next week 8)
Seems like it's a common problem that's affecting loads of applications who applied at the start of this year where the upfront medical wasn't initially associated with the application.

CIC seem to be aware of it though and it showing up as medical passed on peoples notes is a pretty reassuring sign!

Monikarthic

Jan 6, 2015
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
Should i do Re- Medical without Request ? i think if they request it might slow my application ?

teodorix

Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
25-March-2015
File Transfer...
26-March-2015
Med's Done....
09-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-Aug-2015
VISA ISSUED...
TRV: 21-April-2015; PR: 09-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
29-Sept-2015
Hi guys!
I have received PPR today :) The only 2 options for sending the Passport are: through vfs in Romania or directly to the embassy in Romania, it doesn't say anything about sending the passport here in Canada.
I am in Canada now and can anyone give me some advice on how can I send my passport here in Canada?
Thanks!

kelfelselfey

Jan 22, 2015
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
This morning I received an e-mail from CIC with a request for police certificates. I obtained my background check from the US through a channeling company that sent the results directly to CIC, and my German background check was translated and notarized and all of it was also sent to CIC. Should I be alarmed that I received this e-mail? Just because they send a request for documents doesn't mean I messed up, does it?

Here's the e-mail:
"This is regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada which is now in queue to be reviewed by a visa officer. Please note that you must submit original police certificates for you and any dependents for all countries where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18.

If you are currently in possession of any police certificates, which were not submitted with your original application, please submit them to our office now.

If you have already submitted your police certificates, do not apply for or submit new documents. We will contact you once your application has been reviewed by a visa officer.

If you are in the process of obtaining the required documents and have not yet received them, submit them to our office as soon as they are available.

For more information on how to obtain police certificates, including country specific requirements, visit; http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

DO NOT SUBMIT SCANNED COPIES OF YOUR DOCUMENTS VIA EMAIL.

We require only original documents and all documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada."

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
kelfelselfey said:
This morning I received an e-mail from CIC with a request for police certificates. I obtained my background check from the US through a channeling company that sent the results directly to CIC, and my German background check was translated and notarized and all of it was also sent to CIC. Should I be alarmed that I received this e-mail? Just because they send a request for documents doesn't mean I messed up, does it?

Here's the e-mail:
"This is regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada which is now in queue to be reviewed by a visa officer. Please note that you must submit original police certificates for you and any dependents for all countries where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18.

If you are currently in possession of any police certificates, which were not submitted with your original application, please submit them to our office now.

If you have already submitted your police certificates, do not apply for or submit new documents. We will contact you once your application has been reviewed by a visa officer.

If you are in the process of obtaining the required documents and have not yet received them, submit them to our office as soon as they are available.

For more information on how to obtain police certificates, including country specific requirements, visit; http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

DO NOT SUBMIT SCANNED COPIES OF YOUR DOCUMENTS VIA EMAIL.

We require only original documents and all documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada."

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I got the exact same email and I sent my police certificate to them on April 1st. I have two separate sets of GCMS notes that state the document was received. I'm thinking they are sending this to everyone now. I'm just wondering if I should reply and let them know I sent it already or just ignore it. ??

kelfelselfey

Jan 22, 2015
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Panamai said:
I got the exact same email and I sent my police certificate to them on April 1st. I have two separate sets of GCMS notes that state the document was received. I'm thinking they are sending this to everyone now. I'm just wondering if I should reply and let them know I sent it already or just ignore it. ??
Okay that makes me feel better. Thanks! I got all worked up because I sent my US one through a company that expedites the process, and even though I have delivery date confirmations, I got all paranoid that they stopped accepting background checks through channeling companies, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm not going to reply to the CIC e-mail because 1) they'll figure it out quicker than the time it takes to read my paranoid e-mail and 2) I'm sure CIC gets hundreds of e-mails a day and we poor immigrants-to-be are tired of waiting!

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Panamai said:

I'm assuming they are starting the criminality checks which is a good thing based on this particular email. Which means DM should happen very soon.

ccastillo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN-05-2015
Doc's Request.
AUG-04-2015
AOR Received.
MAR-11-2015 AOR2 Received: APR-16-2015
File Transfer...
MAR-15-2015 In Process: AUG-06-2015 Decision Made: SEPT-22-2015
Med's Request
OCT-29-2014 (Upfront)
Med's Done....
AUG-21-2015 (Re-Medical)
Passport Req..
SEPT-10-2015 | SENT SEPT 11 2015
VISA ISSUED...
SEPT-28-2015
LANDED..........
OCT 11-2015
Anyone here who went to "In process" under Permanent Residence Application in ECAS who haven't received PPR yet or DM update? I am just a bit worried since if i compare my timeline to others.. most of them received PPR 5 to 10 days after their status in ECAS changed. While for me it's almost 35 days and we haven't got any update yet nor emails. Well, i can wait a bit more and be more patient rather than be on the interview queue. :-\ Good Lord, help us! ???

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
ccastillo said:
Anyone here who went to "In process" under Permanent Residence Application in ECAS who haven't received PPR yet or DM update? I am just a bit worried since if i compare my timeline to others.. most of them received PPR 5 to 10 days after their status in ECAS changed. While for me it's almost 35 days and we haven't got any update yet nor emails. Well, i can wait a bit more and be more patient rather than be on the interview queue. :-\ Good Lord, help us! ???
I've been "in process" for 19 days, but according to the date in ecas, they've been processing my application since April 8! :eek: The Singapore and Ottawa visa offices operate with much different systems though, it seems. I have no idea what's going on in either of them. Hope we all hear something soon. It's about time.

mitchieescarlos

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June.15.2015 // Received: June.18.2015
AOR Received.
August.22.2015 // SA IP: July.31.2015
File Transfer...
August.24.2015 (SA approved) // PR IP: September.2.2015
Med's Done....
April.30.2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
February.23.2016
VISA ISSUED...
March.6.2016
LANDED..........
March.26.2016
ccastillo said:
I did. That's why I was freaking out why I hadn't received a PPR but I was already IP while everyone else had to submit their passport before getting IP. My eCas has been IP for 2 weeks now (eversince my husband got SA). Relentlessly checking his email and mine. Still no luck. Our SA column doesn't even have line 4 or DM though we already received the email correspondence. eCas and email have no cohesiveness when relying up-to-date information. :(

Raqskie

Feb 27, 2015
Hi got my PPR Sept. 7....it says there also my visa is ready to be issued and the validity of my visa is also stated in there...Got IP July 18...To God Be All the the Glory..

ccastillo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN-05-2015
Doc's Request.
AUG-04-2015
AOR Received.
MAR-11-2015 AOR2 Received: APR-16-2015
File Transfer...
MAR-15-2015 In Process: AUG-06-2015 Decision Made: SEPT-22-2015
Med's Request
OCT-29-2014 (Upfront)
Med's Done....
AUG-21-2015 (Re-Medical)
Passport Req..
SEPT-10-2015 | SENT SEPT 11 2015
VISA ISSUED...
SEPT-28-2015
LANDED..........
OCT 11-2015
HALLLELUJAH WE JUST GOT OUR PPR TODAY! :eek: ;) :)

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Congratulations Ccastillo. Good for you. You have waited long time. May all others get request soon...