AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-07-2015
My husband's passport has been with the embassy since July of last year too. I sent them an email to confirm if they have his passport, as we're getting worried with the long wait, and they didn't even give a concrete answer. They just said they'll let us know if we need to pass additional documents. I also asked about the maximum time they can hold a passport, but that wasn't answered as well. It seems like it was a generic email. Just Monday this week, I tried to call immigration but the call volume was too high, I couldn't even go through. So once more, I tried to email the Canadian Embassy in Manila, as of now, still no answers to my questions.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015 CIC Receive: April 22,2015
AOR Received.
May 13,2015 SA: June 12, 2015
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
July 13,2015 PP Receive July 20,2015 (status change to IP Sept. 5, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: January 28,2016
ojamnai_24 said:
My husband's passport has been with the embassy since July of last year too. I sent them an email to confirm if they have his passport, as we're getting worried with the long wait, and they didn't even give a concrete answer. They just said they'll let us know if we need to pass additional documents. I also asked about the maximum time they can hold a passport, but that wasn't answered as well. It seems like it was a generic email. Just Monday this week, I tried to call immigration but the call volume was too high, I couldn't even go through. So once more, I tried to email the Canadian Embassy in Manila, as of now, still no answers to my questions.
I don't like when CEM does that, only write a generic response without responding to the specific question. ojamnai please let us what CEM says to your question. It is so silly how they been holding all of our passport since July.

ojamnai_24

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-07-2015
I will keep you guys posted if I receive any reply. And if it's the same as what they've sent me before, I will try to call Immigration again. Hopefully, they're getting calls regarding the same concern so they'll do something about it.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
ojamnai_24 said:
I will keep you guys posted if I receive any reply. And if it's the same as what they've sent me before, I will try to call Immigration again. Hopefully, they're getting calls regarding the same concern so they'll do something about it.
Awesome that deserve a plus +1 for that. Thanks ojamnai I really hope we will see people getting decision made especially April applicants

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
I would not settle for not getting answer. That is a passport that they have. I would email and call - always be polite but press for an answer.
I would also ask them if there is a time limited the visa office can have your passport.

ojamnai_24 said:

ojamnai_24

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-07-2015
Canadianinlove said:
I would not settle for not getting answer. That is a passport that they have. I would email and call - always be polite but press for an answer.
I would also ask them if there is a time limited the visa office can have your passport.
I've tried calling them.. But when I can't go through, that's when I tried to email for the second time. And I was thinking too if I should ask my husband to call on Manila Embassy instead.

AnQ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Weww!! manila visa office please wake up.

How is our documents.
especially april 2015 applicants...our spouse's medical will expire and another expenses on our side..
please check it as soon as possible.

we are patiently waiting and waiting since submission of passport....

ojamnai_24 said:
I've tried calling them.. But when I can't go through, that's when I tried to email for the second time. And I was thinking too if I should ask my husband to call on Manila Embassy instead.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
AnQ said:
Weww!! manila visa office please wake up.

How is our documents.
especially april 2015 applicants...our spouse's medical will expire and another expenses on our side..
please check it as soon as possible.

we are patiently waiting and waiting since submission of passport....
I really wished ECAS could of give more information on exactly what is pending and status update on when the last time they pick up our file. I find it ridiculous how slow they are with the April applicant.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
kyo9000 said:
I really wished ECAS could of give more information on exactly what is pending and status update on when the last time they pick up our file. I find it ridiculous how slow they are with the April applicant.
I've written many letters on how vague ECAS is....and suggested they use the TRV online application system for PR applicants...it is much better.

I'm not sure why they don't realise that by providing more accurate, timely information, they would receive much fewer enquiries and have more time to process our applications....in time hopefully. Even the procedures manuals are so out of date. Sigh...

C.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
chilkootcee said:
I've written many letters on how vague ECAS is....and suggested they use the TRV online application system for PR applicants...it is much better.

I'm not sure why they don't realise that by providing more accurate, timely information, they would receive much fewer enquiries and have more time to process our applications....in time hopefully. Even the procedures manuals are so out of date. Sigh...

C.
I agree if they were to do that, they would see a huge drop an email inquiries.

ojamnai_24

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-07-2015
Okay guys I got an update. And the feeling is ambivalent.
First of all, I emailed Manila Embassy November of last year to ask about the passport of my husband and if there's any document missing. They said that they will let us know if they need anything more and that we should be patient as we are still within the processing time. More than a month passed, I still can't believe there's nothing happening with the application, as opposed to some news that other applicants are getting their visas.
I emailed again on Jan. 2, asking almost the same questions. I got a reply this afternoon. Now they're saying that we mailed a wrong document, instead of Marriage Certificate, they need an Advisory on Marriage. We would take that entirely as our mistake, as we didn't know about this document and we thought that they just wanted a proof of marriage, which is a Marriage Certificate. And now, because my husband's passport will expire on October 2016, they will send it back to him because it will expire soon and they wanted him to renew it first.
It's a sad and happy situation. Sad, because all along, we've been waiting and we didn't know that we were supposed to be doing something. Happy, now that we somehow got to know that we just need this document and renew his passport and we're all good. Hopefully after we passed those documents, he'll get his visa quickly.
We were upset that on our first email, they didn't advise us about the wrong document. And they didn't confirm about his passport. And we were thinking that if they have let us know that time, we shouldn't have wasted a lot of time. I just told my husband not to regret too much 'coz we can't do anything to turn back time. We just need to go forward. Do what needs to be done.
So guys, please, check the documents that they require from you.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
ojamnai_24 said:
First of all, I emailed Manila Embassy November of last year to ask about the passport of my husband and if there's any document missing. They said that they will let us know if they need anything more and that we should be patient as we are still within the processing time. More than a month passed, I still can't believe there's nothing happening with the application, as opposed to some news that other applicants are getting their visas.
I emailed again on Jan. 2, asking almost the same questions. I got a reply this afternoon. Now they're saying that we mailed a wrong document, instead of Marriage Certificate, they need an Advisory on Marriage. We would take that entirely as our mistake, as we didn't know about this document and we thought that they just wanted a proof of marriage, which is a Marriage Certificate. And now, because my husband's passport will expire on October 2016, they will send it back to him because it will expire soon and they wanted him to renew it first.
It's a sad and happy situation. Sad, because all along, we've been waiting and we didn't know that we were supposed to be doing something. Happy, now that we somehow got to know that we just need this document and renew his passport and we're all good. Hopefully after we passed those documents, he'll get his visa quickly.
We were upset that on our first email, they didn't advise us about the wrong document. And they didn't confirm about his passport. And we were thinking that if they have let us know that time, we shouldn't have wasted a lot of time. I just told my husband not to regret too much 'coz we can't do anything to turn back time. We just need to go forward. Do what needs to be done.
Oh wow ojamnai, thank you for sharing that wonderful information with us. That is disappointing that it took them this time to check and send an email you that your husband provided the wrong information. I feel like the first officer who responded to your email didn't even bother to check the documents. I'm glad the second officer check and told you early on. Will they be mailing his passport as soon as possible so he can renew it? The advisory on Marriage is a quick form to get. It only took my 1 day to get it. Would of been nice if they could of give you an idea what is still pending on his application? I'm already looking at booking a flight to visit my wife next month.

AnQ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi ojamnai-24

Juz wow!!!
it means they just stack ur files, never even bothered to checked every details and pages as well.

It's very disheartening...
I kept on emailing them too, i sent 4 emails i guess for the last 6
months since they have my husband's passport.

What I know so far is my husband completely submitted all the documents they want.

still feeling hopeful for changes.on their processing.
Well....jz keep on waiting ans waiting and waiting...

quote author=ojamnai_24
link=topic=277810.msg4884917#msg4884917 date=1452221087]
[/quote]

ojamnai_24

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-07-2015
kyo9000 said:
Oh wow ojamnai, thank you for sharing that wonderful information with us. That is disappointing that it took them this time to check and send an email you that your husband provided the wrong information. I feel like the first officer who responded to your email didn't even bother to check the documents. I'm glad the second officer check and told you early on. Will they be mailing his passport as soon as possible so he can renew it? The advisory on Marriage is a quick form to get. It only took my 1 day to get it. Would of been nice if they could of give you an idea what is still pending on his application? I'm already looking at booking a flight to visit my wife next month.
I admit that was our mistake. We should've checked what they require very well. He's on his way to get the AOM today. We'll just wait for his passport to be sent back, and he will renew it right away. It's very disappointing that if we don't take the initiative to ask, they wouldn't tell us right away. And u were right that on my first email, they didn't really check what's wrong on our files. As of now, those are the only concerns they brought up. I think that if they need more documents, they should've asked it now when they looked at it. Hopefully, after we sent back those two, visa will come soon.
Anyway, I'm glad that you can visit your wife. Good luck.

ojamnai_24

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-07-2015
AnQ said:
Hi ojamnai-24

Juz wow!!!
it means they just stack ur files, never even bothered to checked every details and pages as well.

It's very disheartening...
I kept on emailing them too, i sent 4 emails i guess for the last 6
months since they have my husband's passport.

What I know so far is my husband completely submitted all the documents they want.

still feeling hopeful for changes.on their processing.
Well....jz keep on waiting ans waiting and waiting...

Hi AnQ! When u email them, did they say anything important? Or was it like one of those generic emails?
We're upset but we're just trying to look on the good side. At least now we now what's needed to be done.. That's better than being clueless.. We've been like that for 5months now. And hopefully now that they've looked into his file very well, those two requirement, when submitted, will be enough to grant him his visa.
As long as you've passed everything needed, you're good. Let's all pray for each other.
Keep up the faith.