04-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Canadianinlove said:
If I read it correctly they just asked for pictures.
They are tell you that your passport needs to be valid. So to ensure that your passport and any of your other family members on the application have updated passports.
Missing Document(s):
o Two Passport sized photos for you and all family members accompanying. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Submitting Original Passports

I would call them to clarify to be sure.
@canidianinlove.

We did call them and the woman on the phone was the most unhelpful person. She didn't really know what i was talking about and kept saying to follow the instructions.

Regardless, i got the pics takes and mailed them on Saturday by express.

So hopefully not long to go now.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
That is too bad. I think they need to have people who are more customer focused.
I mean we pay taxes!

Good luck.

itsmrchiptoyou said:
@canidianinlove.

We did call them and the woman on the phone was the most unhelpful person. She didn't really know what i was talking about and kept saying to follow the instructions.

Regardless, i got the pics takes and mailed them on Saturday by express.

So hopefully not long to go now.

AnQ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Canadianinlove said:
If I read it correctly they just asked for pictures.
They are tell you that your passport needs to be valid. So to ensure that your passport and any of your other family members on the application have updated passports.
Missing Document(s):
o Two Passport sized photos for you and all family members accompanying. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Submitting Original Passports

I would call them to clarify to be sure.

I was excited as well when they requested for some documents and my husbands passport...
since july 2015...until now no ViSa yet...

And his medical report will be expired on February 2016.
Still determined....

droopyd

Aug 25, 2015
Formally LANDED on Monday Dec 28 :D

Even though I've been "visiting" for 5 months and bought a condo....

Had to drive from Toronto to Niagara Falls to cross the border as there was apparently a 4-6 week wait for landing appointments at the Etobicoke office and I wanted to take care of this before the new year.

So I drove the two hours to Niagara Falls, did a little shopping for stuff they just don't seem to sell anywhere in Canada (blue cheese olives? really?), then drove back.

Bit of a wait at the Rainbow Bridge checkpoint, 90 minutes until they got to me, but then it took all of 5 minutes to get processed. Didn't have to show any documents other than my passport and the COPR letter (which was signed by the agent and stapled into my passport). But I did have an exceptionally "clean" application from the US with nothing even remotely complicated or questionable, so I'm fortunate not to have some of the issues some of you are facing.

Then I was on my way, driving back to Toronto in a snowstorm, it had been a decade since I'd driven in snow! :eek:

Should get the PR card in the mail in about 3 weeks. Tomorrow I go for a drivers licence, OHIP signup, and a SIN number.

So happy new year, y'all -- if you're still waiting and you've come this far in the process, your time will come soon!

itsmrchiptoyou

Jul 24, 2013
Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Hello fellow April applicants.

Ive got my CoPR on Monday when i got back from visiting family for christmas, Best present this year by far.

Wont be landing until February 4th..

good luck to everyone still waiting..

AnQ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
itsmrchiptoyou said:
Hello fellow April applicants.

Ive got my CoPR on Monday when i got back from visiting family for christmas, Best present this year by far.

Wont be landing until February 4th..

good luck to everyone still waiting..
Congrats!!!
Thats a best present u got so far...

Hellllllo!! Manila Visa Office.
Are u there yet!!!
As if we are waiting forever for visa released!!!
Feeling hopeful!!!!!

mattkward

May 19, 2015
Hi everyone,

So over a month ago we received an email that effectively confirmed that my partner's PR had been confirmed. They gave us a date to arrive by (March 1) and asked that we send some new photos and scans of my partner's passport, and explained that we would be receiving the final paperwork by post. Shortly after this we noticed that the status on ECAS had changed to "Decision Made". So all seems well.

However, we mailed off the photos and passport scans over a month ago and have yet to hear anything. Is this a weirdly long wait?

One concern was that they'd listed our address wrong. They had an address we lived in years ago, for some inexplicable reason. When we sent the photos and passport scans we included a note to update the address to the correct one. We also emailed CIC about this at the time.

Should we be worried that the paperwork has been sent to the wrong place or lost in the mail? Time for a phonecall to CIC or is this wait entirely normal?

DanOCan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-05-2015
File Transfer...
18-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
One step closer!

So, the last month has been an interesting one.

December 3: eCAS updated to show "Decision Made"
December 23: Emailed CIC to see if COPR had been mailed as nothing had shown up in our mailbox
December 30: Email from CIC stating that our COPR had been "mailed again" on December 24
January 2: We came home after Christmas vacation to find the COPR in our mailbox! :D

We hope to complete our landing process next weekend.

ojamnai_24

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-07-2015
To all Manila Applicants, do you have any news about the application? I heard from a friend that her friend's husband landed November last year, they applied on February. So more or less, we'll be getting visas soon too. This is crazy. My husband's passport has been with the embassy for 5months now.

AnQ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
ojamnai_24 said:
To all Manila Applicants, do you have any news about the application? I heard from a friend that her friend's husband landed November last year, they applied on February. So more or less, we'll be getting visas soon too. This is crazy. My husband's passport has been with the embassy for 5months now.
I heard u loud and clear ojamnai24.
we have same situation.
i even ordered gcms notes..they jz started processing sept 5
until now still on process...nothing much.

last time...if they will get ur spouse passport after sone 3-4 weeks..thy will released their visas.

I guess we might as well apply as refugees!!!
much faster and no hassles.
heheheh
kidding!!!

Paying for rent alone, 5 months now.
still feeling hopefull

ojamnai_24

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-07-2015
AnQ said:
we have same situation.

last time...if they will get ur spouse passport after sone 3-4 weeks..thy will released their visas.

heheheh
kidding!!!

still feeling hopefull
Hi AnQ, omg, we're really on the same boat. I've moved to an apartment as well, solo, thinking that we need it sooner than later as I've heard lots of stories that after the passports were passed, VISA will be on hand in 1-3months.
I hear those jokes too, that they might as well have applied as refugees for faster processing.
But anyway, we're still blessed. And I know, I still hope and pray, that it wouldn't take us a year for the processing to be done.

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015 CIC Receive: April 22,2015
AOR Received.
May 13,2015 SA: June 12, 2015
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
July 13,2015 PP Receive July 20,2015 (status change to IP Sept. 5, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: January 28,2016
ojamnai_24 said:
AnQ said:
we have same situation.

heheheh
kidding!!!

still feeling hopefull
same here. I haven't move out yet but I feel so angry at CEM. They have been holding my wife passport since July 2015. Sept 5 status change to in process. Since then nothing. Did you guys see the new changes in processing time it increase to 26 months.

ojamnai_24

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-07-2015
Whattt?? But I thought it was only 16months before and they're not gonna change it to a longer time.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Finally! Congratulations!!!!!

DanOCan said:
One step closer!

So, the last month has been an interesting one.

December 3: eCAS updated to show "Decision Made"
December 23: Emailed CIC to see if COPR had been mailed as nothing had shown up in our mailbox
December 30: Email from CIC stating that our COPR had been "mailed again" on December 24
January 2: We came home after Christmas vacation to find the COPR in our mailbox! :D

We hope to complete our landing process next weekend.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Yes, I saw that this morning. It looks like they are now just going to report the waiting times in a whole and not each country individually.
When we did our application is was 17 months total SA and everything. We got through in 7 months. I looked today and now it is just an overall 26 months (including 62 days for SA). I was surprised to see that.

Very discouraging for people already in the process or planning on applying.

I think you should contact the visa office directly on your wife's passport. I read on the forum here, sorry I don't remember where but there is a time limit on how long they can keep a passport. I believe it was only 4 months or so. Send an email to the visa office directly or call. Since July is not right. What if there was an emergency and she needed it for travel!!!??

good luck

kyo9000 said:
same here. I haven't move out yet but I feel so angry at CEM. They have been holding my wife passport since July 2015. Sept 5 status change to in process. Since then nothing. Did you guys see the new changes in processing time it increase to 26 months.