+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 RQs.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
h3a3j6 said:
Good evening, folks.

Anyone else besides me who applied in early 2014, got an RQ and still waiting?

Cheers!
Yep I am still waiting, Haven't even got the test invite yet! though I applied in Oct 14 :(

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are still waiting as well. Got our PR cards renewed recently. Ordering ATIPs every other month - no help. Went to our MP in August - no help.
Going to our synagogue tomorrow morning to give some donation so they can pray for us, that is the only hope we still have with CIC.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
I am contemplating applying again in a few months if things don't change. My only concern is what if I get a RQ again as I don't know what triggered this in the first place and if the same criteria might apply again when I re-apply? I am hating this wait and watch game when my colleagues and friends are getting their citizenships in <6 months!

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeap, you never know, you might get a RQ again.
the only way is to apply for CBSA report yourself, double and triple check all your trips/dates to make sure you do have 1460+20 days at least before reapplying.
I can wait a bit more, I will give them sometime till end of may/start of june.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
I already did that before I applied. Confirmed all my travel dates with CBSA report and then submitted my application. They sent me RQ from Sydney office itself even before being sent to local CIC office. Bottomline is - Nothing much you can do if you get trapped by CIC- you hve to just wait and watch and hope some CIC officer picks up your file; if not you are a citizen in no time. I guess life is never fair- somedays you lose, somedays you win!!

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is why we decided to give our synagogue donation earlier this year... praying to get that citizenship this year!

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/about_us/mandate/citizenship.asp

called CIC phone line, agent said that RQ-ed applications are not in BACKLOG they have promised to eliminate by March 2016 which is nonsense.
well, maybe not in theirs understanding of the matter.... Backlog is ALL applications they have got within CIC.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
HighFive said:
We are still waiting as well. Got our PR cards renewed recently. Ordering ATIPs every other month - no help. Went to our MP in August - no help.
Going to our synagogue tomorrow morning to give some donation so they can pray for us, that is the only hope we still have with CIC.
;D Hilarious! You made my day with that last one!

I was thinking about the MP option, you just convinced me not to do it and waste time.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
;D Hilarious! You made my day with that last one!

I was thinking about the MP option, you just convinced me not to do it and waste time.
you should give MP option a try, mate. some of them are efficient enough.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Another question along the same lines:

As per my understanding, the March 31st 2016 deadline applies to all applicants who applied prior to April 1, 2015 but not necessarily to applications that pose "difficulties" (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp)...

Did anyone on this forum get any confirmation that the above is/is not true via their communication with the CIC?

I also noticed that RQs have become less and less common these days...

Thanks!

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
h3a3j6 said:
Another question along the same lines:

As per my understanding, the March 31st 2016 deadline applies to all applicants who applied prior to April 1, 2015 but not necessarily to applications that pose "difficulties" (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp)...

Did anyone on this forum get any confirmation that the above is/is not true via their communication with the CIC?

I also noticed that RQs have become less and less common these days...

Thanks!
The Mar 31 deadline applies to routine applications. RQ applications are considered non-routine. If you scroll down on this page, it says "Non-routine applications take up to 36 months."

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
Dear All Fellow RQ'ed applicants -

I applied in December 2014 and got an RQ in April 2015 primarily due to excessive trips outside Canada. I have over 30 trips plus a dozen day trips to the US. I didn't even have details and dates for few of the trips that triggered the RQ.

Please find my timelines below;

Applied - Dec 2014
AOR - Feb 2015
Started processing - Mar 2105
RQ issued - Apr 2015
RQ sent - May 2015
Invite for Test - Dec 2015
Test - 26 Jan 2016
Decision Made - 28 Jan 2016

I hope you find this helpful and also see there is light at the end of the tunnel.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
babiah said:
Dear All Fellow RQ'ed applicants -

I applied in December 2014 and got an RQ in April 2015 primarily due to excessive trips outside Canada. I have over 30 trips plus a dozen day trips to the US. I didn't even have details and dates for few of the trips that triggered the RQ.

Please find my timelines below;

Applied - Dec 2014
AOR - Feb 2015
Started processing - Mar 2105
RQ issued - Apr 2015
RQ sent - May 2015
Invite for Test - Dec 2015
Test - 26 Jan 2016
Decision Made - 28 Jan 2016

I hope you find this helpful and also see there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Congrats babiah on the decision made - hoping you get your oath soon. Can you please share your test/interview experience? I am awaiting test invite but would like to be prepared so any details you can share will be helpful. Thanks and good luck!