+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2013 Anyone looking for 1 yr pg diploma course in ontario, with a IT bkgrnd.

selvakumarmvs

Dec 9, 2012
chaitnay7777 said:
i am looking for 2 yr program...it will be helpfull later on as we will get 3 years permit after 2 yr course.....i am from punjab
Totally how many semester will come for 2 years program...i have applied to one of the program which is having 6 terms/semesters ..so will i get 3 year PGWP ?

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New_Aspirant said:
You can even go for two 1-year programs which may also yield the same result in terms of PGWP.
how???after 1 yr study u get only 1 yr permit but after 2 yr study u get 3 yr permit...

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
selvakumarmvs said:
Totally how many semester will come for 2 years program...i have applied to one of the program which is having 6 terms/semesters ..so will i get 3 year PGWP ?
mine are 5 semester with 2 co-up.....u should check the progrm website if it is of 2 yrs then u will get 3 yr permit...(total 5 yrs)

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
chaitnay7777 said:
how???after 1 yr study u get only 1 yr permit but after 2 yr study u get 3 yr permit...
If you close your study with 1-year program you will get 1-yr PGWP. But if you continue to pursue another 1-yr program it will be considered as 2 years of education totally and you will be eligible to apply for 3 years of PGWP.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
selvakumarmvs said:
getting visa for second pg diploma is tough rt...because they will ask like already completed one pg diploma so why u want to do again..
yes obviously it is going to be a concern in terms of extending visa. You will not be applying a fresh visa its just going to be an extension.

I'm not sure of the exact process as how this is done, but a lot of students are considering this option as well.

selvakumarmvs

Dec 9, 2012
chaitnay7777 said:
mine are 5 semester with 2 co-up.....u should check the progrm website if it is of 2 yrs then u will get 3 yr permit...(total 5 yrs)
Can u plz tell me what are all the universities u applied and course name...

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
selvakumarmvs said:
Can u plz tell me what are all the universities u applied and course name...
till nw i hve nt applied to any university or clg willl be applying in nxt 15 dayzz....but willl only be applying in clg nt to university....because university is expensive and also studies are tough as compared to clg...so if u r considering universities so make sure that u r prepared for extreme hard wrk...nd going away frm home and studying is one hell of a task....

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
terminated in regard to 'Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act,
jaimit0707 said:
But I strongly believe project management is the course meant for IT people or who have previous exp in IT industry. Now a days, almost all companies specially IT are working for projects. We may will not get job as project manager at scratch but may become part of the project management team. I have experienced during my job that if some one has exp and he gets promoted then he will become part of the management team. It means more responsibility. I observed it.
Share your views. :) :) :)
No, it is not true. Project Manager and IT are difference fields. You can be a project manager without IT background.
If you have some experience in managing project then it will benefit to take study in this field. IT career should not go to project manager, but may be managerial. IT manager is not project manager, although have some cross functional such as managing people.
Moreover, to be project manager do not need master degree.

Darshan.vyas

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ,
i have also done my mca and have 3 year full time software development ,but want to go for higher studies,so can you please suggest me the course for the IT professional

Darshan.vyas

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello jaimit,
i have also done my mca and have 3 year full time software development ,but want to go for higher studies,so can you please suggest me the course for the IT professional

saileshkumar.r

Feb 4, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am from India. i got offers for Sep 2013 intake for Information Security Management in

Fanshawe , Durham college (8 months programs). I am also planning to apply for Georgian college for the same program( with 3 sem and internship) .

My academic profile are,

UG (ECE) - 66%
Higher sec (+2) - 74%
10th - 82%

I finished my UG in 2010 and from 2011 am working for TCS (for past 2 yrs) as Systems Engg. I have additional role as ISC(Information Security Co-ordinator) for past 1 yr.

People already pursuing the course kindly help me in finding the best college among the 3.

Thanks in Advance

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Darshan.vyas said:
Hello jaimit,
Hi,

Please dont take my words as discouraging. These were the same answers provided to me initially. But have hope and proceed further.
There are lots of options available in terms of job as we as for studies. But you will have to start from scratch in most of the case and your job experience will not add much value in Canada. So be prepared for everything. You might also be lucky to grab a job easily like most graduates.

Kindly let me know your budget?

What exactly you wanted to do Masters or Post Graduate Diploma?

Even I’m placed in same situation.

Have a Great Day..!!

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
saileshkumar.r said:
Hi Guys,

I am from India. i got offers for Sep 2013 intake for Information Security Management in

Fanshawe , Durham college (8 months programs). I am also planning to apply for Georgian college for the same program( with 3 sem and internship) .

My academic profile are,

UG (ECE) - 66%
Higher sec (+2) - 74%
10th - 82%

I finished my UG in 2010 and from 2011 am working for TCS (for past 2 yrs) as Systems Engg. I have additional role as ISC(Information Security Co-ordinator) for past 1 yr.

People already pursuing the course kindly help me in finding the best college among the 3.

Thanks in Advance
Hi,

Congrats.

This is a 8 months program and you will be eligible for 8 months PGWP. If you are aware of this fact then you can go ahead with any colleges as they all are rated the same. Standard of colleges vary only with province.

All the best..!!

saileshkumar.r

Feb 4, 2013
Hi New_Aspirant

Thanks for the info.

Will it be easy to get a job within the 8 month PGWP.. I am planning for a back ip plan of getting a study leave in my office and come.

How usefull will be these internship program.. IN georgian college they ahve mentioned 3 sem in that internship program is in 3rd sem.?

Also my imp doubt is whether am eligible to apply for masters program ?

Pleae guide me.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
saileshkumar.r said:
Hi New_Aspirant

Thanks for the info.

Will it be easy to get a job within the 8 month PGWP.. I am planning for a back ip plan of getting a study leave in my office and come.

How usefull will be these internship program.. IN georgian college they ahve mentioned 3 sem in that internship program is in 3rd sem.?

Also my imp doubt is whether am eligible to apply for masters program ?

Pleae guide me.
Even I'm on my research phase about job prospects, so not sure. Your backup plan sounds really good. May i know Which firm are you working for.

Internship programs will always help you secure a job post completion of our program. Your indian experience will not count in canada, they require some canadian experience to rate your skills. So its better to opt for programs with internship.