+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2012- Applicants who are still waiting for test !! hope i am not the only one !

am4life

Apr 18, 2012
Hello Everyone
I have applied for my citizenship on September-2012
In Process - Feb-2013
RQ received- April- 2013
RQ Sent- May-2013
Received a letter to prepare for test on January-2014 however I have never received a test date and time so far, it's been over a 2 years now.
Applied for ATIP notes, and what I can see is my file is "ON HOLD"
Also called CIC - to find out what's happening with my file, every time I call them I will received a vogue answers your file is in process you have to wait for 36 months- however it's been more then 40 months
my PR was Expired in Sep-2014 and I have renewed it, and I have got my new PR CARD in January-2015
Recently contacted my local MPs to find out the process of my application and they have contacted me back saying your file is under process and they are looking in to eligibility, so you will have to wait until Sep-2016 and they will let you know.

They have never requested a documents or any fingerprints from me so far.

I am in trouble situation I don't know what to do? please share your experience with me

Thank you

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Hi

Does any of these applies to you?

1.Any visits in USA made by crossing the land border
2.Any visa valid or expired to USA
3.Stamps in your passport which are not in English or French
4.Gaps in your travel documents or currently expired last passport.
5.Expired previous PR card
6.Living very long time at the same address.
7.Usage of a Travel Document other than a Passport or PR card
8. Any absence more than 6 months
9. Being married and then divorced
10. Total absence more than 6 months

am4life

Apr 18, 2012
Politren said:
Hi

Does any of these applies to you?

1.Any visits in USA made by crossing the land border
2.Any visa valid or expired to USA
3.Stamps in your passport which are not in English or French
4.Gaps in your travel documents or currently expired last passport.
5.Expired previous PR card
6.Living very long time at the same address.
7.Usage of a Travel Document other than a Passport or PR card
8. Any absence more than 6 months
9. Being married and then divorced
10. Total absence more than 6 months
I have sent you the message in your inbox

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
I am not going to share your story here but you see that there is always a reason for a delay to occur.
There is always something in the background story of the applicant which leads to more investigations and hence delays.

Your case is not with residential concerns.

I've explained to you the reason of your delay in your mailbox.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
am4life said:
Hello Everyone
In Process - Feb-2013
RQ received- April- 2013
RQ Sent- May-2013
Received a letter to prepare for test on January-2014 however I have never received a test date and time so far, it's been over a 2 years now.
Also called CIC - to find out what's happening with my file, every time I call them I will received a vogue answers your file is in process you have to wait for 36 months- however it's been more then 40 months
my PR was Expired in Sep-2014 and I have renewed it, and I have got my new PR CARD in January-2015
Recently contacted my local MPs to find out the process of my application and they have contacted me back saying your file is under process and they are looking in to eligibility, so you will have to wait until Sep-2016 and they will let you know.

I am in trouble situation I don't know what to do? please share your experience with me

Thank you
Sorry to hear about your application's situation. I agree with reader Politern, besides the physical days presence in Canada there could be other reasons why application is categorized as "Non-routine" and its very important for you to figure it out.

If its ONLY due to shortfall of physical days presence in Canada. Now, if you have over 1460 days, the best option is to withdraw old application and just re-apply. New applications are been processed in average 7-8 months.

Due to unknown reasons, the non-routine applications processing is unnecessarily dragged for almost 4 years and then denied.

Logically, CIC should immediately reject ineligible application and inform the candidates, instead of wasting everyone time and Federal resources. That way, candidates can re-apply once they meet that condition of eligibility instead of waiting for ever.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Canadiandesi2006
even under the new rules am4life will face delays, his is having a very delicate problem with his past

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4life said:
Hello Everyone
In Process - Feb-2013
RQ received- April- 2013
RQ Sent- May-2013

Thank you
Just withdraw it and re apply the application , its only bette option and you will see result in 7 to 8 month
keep us posted

somi 252

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
7 .3. 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
PPR 1 19.10 .2012, PPR2 17.11.2012
VISA ISSUED...
4-12-2012
LANDED..........
SOON INSHALLAH
2013 landed immigrants

Hi we came here in canada feb 2013 when we r eligible to apply for citizenship

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Re: 2013 landed immigrants

somi 252 said:
Hi we came here in canada feb 2013 when we r eligible to apply for citizenship
You are eligible to apply in March 2017 with no trips outside Canada completing four years physical presence or as soon as the bill C 6 passes completing 3 years physical presence.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
Canadiandesi2006
even under the new rules am4life will face delays, his is having a very delicate problem with his past
I don't know what kind of delicate problem this gentleman has with his past, but I still don't think that hoarding the application by the officer will somehow resolve the problem. If officer is unsure that he is able to decide on the application, he should pass it over to Citizenship Judge. end of story.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
ambient2 said:
I don't know what kind of delicate problem this gentleman has with his past, but I still don't think that hording the application by the officer will somehow resolve the problem. If officer is unsure that he is able to decide on the application, he should pass it over to Citizenship Judge. end of story.
Unfortunately as you know they don't have any obligatory deadlines for processing to follow.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Politren said:
I am not going to share your story here but you see that there is always a reason for a delay to occur.
There is always something in the background story of the applicant which leads to more investigations and hence delays.

Your case is not with residential concerns.

I've explained to you the reason of your delay in your mailbox.
Can you tell us vaguely what his issues are? I don't mean to pry, I'm just curious what it was in his file that you think is causing his delays so that future applicants could avoid them (or at least see them coming...).

Thanks!

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
robw said:
Can you tell us vaguely what his issues are? I don't mean to pry, I'm just curious what it was in his file that you think is causing his delays so that future applicants could avoid them (or at least see them coming...).

Thanks!
Definitely not much applicants will face that problem. It's somehow related to reasonable suspicion of sponsorship fraud

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Politren said:
Definitely not much applicants will face that problem. It's somehow related to reasonable suspicion of sponsorship fraud
As I read from some news that CIC scrutinizes specifically people who got PR through two ways either through asylum or through being spousal sponsorship, as you know the the way you got the PR is written in small letter at the back of the PR card, for example if you got your pr through Federal Skilled worker it will be written on the back as SW, if you got it through spousal sponsorship, it will mention as FC on the back of the card etc, I would advice the applicant try to know more through ordering ATIP maybe it helps