+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 RQ Applicants - Any update

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hi,

I have applied for citizenship in Feb 2011. In 2012 received letter for test and then later received RQ. I have submitted all documents. I am still waiting.

Any RQ applicant with the same timeline and still waiting? As per call center agent, I should receive update in Jan 2014 because it will complete 35 months, Is this correct? case status is still showing "In Process".

Thanks,
IBM.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
IBM said:
Hi,

I have applied for citizenship in Feb 2011. In 2012 received letter for test and then later received RQ. I have submitted all documents. I am still waiting.

Any RQ applicant with the same timeline and still waiting? As per call center agent, I should receive update in Jan 2014 because it will complete 35 months, Is this correct? case status is still showing "In Process".

Thanks,
IBM.
do you know why you got RQ.. did you travel a lot during the 4 year period ?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IBM said:
Hi,

Thanks,
IBM.
the same here. Please see my status below.
The only difference is that I have not taken the test yet.

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
muzmil said:
do you know why you got RQ.. did you travel a lot during the 4 year period ?
I think it was because of my USA H1B work permit stamps (all expired stamps) in my passport. I was in US before moving to Canada.

After moving to Canada, I never travelled to US and no US visa stamps.

Thanks,
IBM.

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
nguyentu2001 said:
the same here. Please see my status below.
The only difference is that I have not taken the test yet.
Hi,

Where is your application now? St.Clair Office in Toronto?

Thanks
IBM.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
I applied in December 2011, got RQ'ed in 2012 and just received a notice to "prepare for a test" whatever that means.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IBM said:
Hi,

Where is your application now? St.Clair Office in Toronto?

Thanks
IBM.
Please see below in my signature.

I took the test on Jan 21, 2014. Vancouver office

Feb 26, 2014
Hello,

This is my timeline so far:

Citizenship

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 5, 2011.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 5, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on October 25, 2011.

4. Your file was transferred to the St Clair office on December 6, 2011. The St Clair office will contact you if additional information is required. The St Clair office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

5. We sent you a notice on August 30, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 19, 2012 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

In reality my file was originally transferred to Oshawa but when the office closed down it was transferred to Scarborough. After I did the test in Scarborough my file was transferred to St. Clair. However, they don't show those details and simply change the city every time to hide their incompetency.

I had a long interview with the CIC officer after my test and I was handed the RQ right then and there.

Coming up on 36 months soon.....waiting to find out what's next.

Peterborough79

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
I applied in October 2011, took test in may 2013 and get RQ at the same time. In the test interview, they don't bother asking me any questions, just give me the RQ straight. I tried to explain my situation, they don't even want to listen. they just ask me to submit the documents requested. I have been waiting since then. I did a lot of travel in the 4 years I applied. in total 60 absences (including 6 same day US trip) totaling 351 days missing in Canada. I guess that is the reason landed me with RQ and keep me waiting that long. ironically the reason I can get enough days in Canada is because I lost my job and subsequently took 9 months unemployment insurance. I guess Canada doesn't like people travelling for work, they would rather have people lost their job, eat on taxpayer money and sit, sleep in Canada do nothing.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
ZYXWVU98 said:
. I guess Canada doesn't like people travelling for work, they would rather have people lost their job, eat on taxpayer money and sit, sleep in Canada do nothing.
It sure seems that way.....