+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

foeyshell

Jun 8, 2016
Me neither. I have no approval letter. I call cic today regarding the confusion from GSCM note. It says the sponsorship is passed in April, but I have not received any official email/letter from cic.

From the note, it says

Outgoing: 1
Updated Date: 2016/04/14
Request to Issue: Letter
Document Type: Sponsor - Approved

The agent is confused too after he compared his data with mine, and then he created a case and said cic will contact me (possibly in email?). Anyone knows how long it takes cic to response? another Month?

Anyone has the same situation as me? Its like my sponsorship app is now buried in the dead sea.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
foeyshell said:
Me neither. I have no approval letter. I call cic today regarding the confusion from GSCM note. It says the sponsorship is passed in April, but I have not received any official email/letter from cic.

From the note, it says

The agent is confused too after he compared his data with mine, and then he created a case and said cic will contact me (possibly in email?). Anyone knows how long it takes cic to response? another Month?

Anyone has the same situation as me? Its like my sponsorship app is now buried in the dead sea.
in my point of your i think your Sponsorship approval letter is ready, but some one need to double check and have it sent out. once it's sent out Status field: will be changed to Sent

Scroll down your GCMS notes you should have Outgoing 2, 3 and 4 and looks at the pattern, you would have an idea. some Outgoing communication is with you and some internal communications with other agencies, there could be letters or edoc. and some attachments

at same time i do see some errors in my case, is it cut and paste or use of someone's template.

its a good opportunity to talk to CIC agent and make him open your file and initiate some checks

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
So i am confused. The email that i recieved from CPC Mississauga states that i am eligible to sponsor my mother under PGP category and they have forwarded the application to via office in islamabad for further processing. But all permanent residence applications for residents of Pakistan gets processed at via office in London so i am not sure why would they forward mur mom application to Islamabad. Should i call CIC? Any one else in similar situation?

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
adzees said:
So i am confused. The email that i recieved from CPC Mississauga states that i am eligible to sponsor my mother under PGP category and they have forwarded the application to via office in islamabad for further processing. But all permanent residence applications for residents of Pakistan gets processed at via office in London so i am not sure why would they forward mur mom application to Islamabad. Should i call CIC? Any one else in similar situation?
i don't think you need to be in a panic mode.
by having it sent to Local Visa office its good for you, because they would be familiar with local traditions (marriage certificates, Ration card, iD cards etc) and in case they want to interview they have local language support

but i don't think that's the case here, there was some article in news paper stating that CIC is now well connected with all its offices through out the the world now it can share its Labor resources and speedup the process.

if you are really worried, just lift the phone and call CIC on Monday.

did you submit use of representative form IMM5476E, when you are trying to find information about your parents you need this form submitted.

you will be getting a new UCI number for your parents, try to access you file suing it

With regards

AJade

Mar 12, 2016
Finally!!! On Friday, July 8th, My parents received an email from CPC-Ottawa titled "Ready for Visa". Basically it a was an email for passport request. They asked us to send original passports and 2 photographs for each person. My Dad sent the requested documents through VFS Global today.

KSenya, Please update the timeline spreadsheet. Thank you.

askquestion

May 19, 2016
foeyshell said:
Thank you for reply. But my parents are not living in Canada though. How that will work? A lot of ppl are processed in their local visa office. Why my case is in Ottawa? could you please share some of your experience or knowledge on this?
It is good that your case is referred to Ottawa. The processing at Ottawa is faster than the local visa processing offices. Even in my case i never received sponsorship approval and my case was also referred to Ottawa.

been.bittu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2011
Doc's Request.
JULY 2014
AOR Received.
OCT 2014
File Transfer...
MARCH 2016
Med's Request
APRIL 2016
Med's Done....
APRIL 2016
Passport Req..
NOV 2016
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2016
LANDED..........
DEC 2016
hi zigzag congrats
i have question for u ur file was just for ur parents or also brother and sister in ur file ?

Markwaiting123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Jul 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Aug 2016
Med's Request
Sep 2016
Med's Done....
Sep 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 2017 (Finnaly)
Quick question guys... when Requesting for GCMS notes did you guys request the Sponsor File or Immigration File?

cristhel.fernandez

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Zigzag said:
Hi jhutti.

As per your request, please see all the wordings of an email as below.

From: CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
To: "'ABC@XYZ.COM'" <ABC@XYZ.COM>
Sent: Weekday, Month Day, Year Time <PM>
Subject: Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa

Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa

Date: Month DD, Year

UCI: < Applicant's UCI No.>
< Applicant's UCI No.>

Application: < Application File No. >
< Application File No. >

< Applicant's Name >

Email: ABC@XYZ.COM

Please use this letter if you and/or any of your accompanying dependent(s) are currently residing in India.

Dear < Applicant's Name > :

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports
· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

· Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3) Change in Circumstances
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:
· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;
· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
· Change in health;
· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;
· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;
· Change of address or phone number

4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.
Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.

UCI: < Applicant's UCI No.> Application: < Application File No. >
*< Applicant's UCI No.>* *< Application File No. >*

< Applicant's Name >

-

Dear < Applicant's Name > :
On behalf of the Government of Canada, the Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FCRO) at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada would like to encourage you to attend free pre-arrival services offered by the following organizations:
Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP) www.newcomersuccess.ca
India2Canada http://www.abbotsfordcommunityservices.com/programs
PrepCan www.prepcan.ca
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. https://aeipsuccess.ca and www.successbc.ca
You, your spouse (if he/she is not already a permanent resident or citizen of Canada) and your working age dependents become eligible to participate in pre-arrival services when you are completing the application process for a Canadian immigration visa.
If you have applied for immigration to Canada through Immigration-Québec your integration journey will be supported by the Government of Québec. Québec bound immigrants may also find some useful integration information in this Guide for Successful Integration.
Please be aware that being eligible for, or actually participating in an orientation session, is not a guarantee or an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.
The purpose of pre-arrival services is to help potential immigrants take early action to prepare for their new lives in Canada. Such pre-arrival services are expected to facilitate faster and more efficient economic and social integration of newcomers to Canada by effectively addressing needs earlier in the integration continuum and improving linkages between pre-arrival and domestic (in-Canada) services.
The organizations listed above provide a range of in-person and/or online services. More information about the services available and how to register can be found on their websites. Please note that you may be required to provide a copy of the correspondence you received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in order to verify your eligibility for the services.
Pre-arrival services and sessions are very popular and space may be limited. We encourage you to explore the websites and register early.
The FCRO also encourages you to visit our website www.cic.gc.ca where you can find additional helpful resources to Prepare for life in Canada.
The Foreign Credentials Referral Office

<Logo of 'Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada'>

I hope above will provide sufficient details to those who are still waiting.

Cheers
Hi Zigzag,
Did you received this in one email from CIC or in two separate email? I am just curious because we actually received just the 2nd part which is below but not the first part that's asking for the Passport Request.

*< Applicant's UCI No.>*

*< Application File No. >*

On behalf of the Government of Canada, the Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FCRO) at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada would like to encourage you to attend free pre-arrival services offered by the following organizations:
PrepCan www.prepcan.ca
You, your spouse (if he/she is not already a permanent resident or citizen of Canada) and your working age dependents become eligible to participate in pre-arrival services when you are completing the application process for a Canadian immigration visa.
If you have applied for immigration to Canada through Immigration-Québec your integration journey will be supported by the Government of Québec. Québec bound immigrants may also find some useful integration information in this Guide for Successful Integration.
Please be aware that being eligible for, or actually participating in an orientation session, is not a guarantee or an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.
The purpose of pre-arrival services is to help potential immigrants take early action to prepare for their new lives in Canada. Such pre-arrival services are expected to facilitate faster and more efficient economic and social integration of newcomers to Canada by effectively addressing needs earlier in the integration continuum and improving linkages between pre-arrival and domestic (in-Canada) services.
The organizations listed above provide a range of in-person and/or online services. More information about the services available and how to register can be found on their websites. Please note that you may be required to provide a copy of the correspondence you received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in order to verify your eligibility for the services.
Pre-arrival services and sessions are very popular and space may be limited. We encourage you to explore the websites and register early.
The FCRO also encourages you to visit our website www.cic.gc.ca where you can find additional helpful resources to Prepare for life in Canada.

<Logo of 'Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada'>[/color]

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
foeyshell said:

From the note, it says

Now i am in a situation that's similar to your case foeyshell!

and came to know about it once i called CIC Call center, initially Call center agent did not want to open my file to check the status, since my case as not passed 11 months time frame from the date i have submitted additional documents. but i have requested the agent and told them that i am going on Vacation and like to make sure there are not pending responses from me. i was lucky the agent was helpful.

i was placed on hold after collecting my file details for 5 minutes, up on agents return agent says that according records on my file. on 7th Jul 2016 an email was mailed to email address that's listed on and it was about the status of my file. (Agent did not disclose the whether it was a good or bad news)

Agent has placed a request to resend the email and it could take about three to four days.

i was using gmail, so checked Inbox, Inbox, All mails, SPAM and Thrash folders and did not see any emails from CIC, on same account i have received GCMS notes couple of time

i will have to wait for few more days to know the status of my file

With regards

Dasoju

cristhel.fernandez

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
cristhel.fernandez said:
Hi Zigzag,
Did you received this in one email from CIC or in two separate email? I am just curious because we actually received just the 2nd part which is below but not the first part that's asking for the Passport Request.

*< Applicant's UCI No.>*

*< Application File No. >*

PrepCan www.prepcan.ca

<Logo of 'Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada'>[/color]

I badly needed some help. My question is for those who already received an email for passport request. Just like what Zigzag received, mine is weird. I have received the 2nd part only (Pre-Arrival Services offered by Canadian Immigration). I even received it twice (1 in May 27, 2016 and the other is in June 6, 2016). I was already hinting that it should come as an attachment to an email for PPR. I emailed CIC MVO but no straight-up answer.

What should I do, please help.

Markwaiting123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Jul 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Aug 2016
Med's Request
Sep 2016
Med's Done....
Sep 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 2017 (Finnaly)
Great News kcdasoju! Update us when you get the mail... When you requested the GCMS Notes Did you request for Sponsor File or Immigration File?

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
cristhel.fernandez said:
I badly needed some help. My question is for those who already received an email for passport request. Just like what Zigzag received, mine is weird. I have received the 2nd part only (Pre-Arrival Services offered by Canadian Immigration). I even received it twice (1 in May 27, 2016 and the other is in June 6, 2016). I was already hinting that it should come as an attachment to an email for PPR. I emailed CIC MVO but no straight-up answer.

What should I do, please help.
Applicants that you are sponsoring, will they be planning to join the Canadian Workforce upon their arrival in Canada? if they have no plans to join the canadian workforce you don't have to worry about it (please note this is my point of view)

on Page 7 of 7 of IMM0008 there was a check mark Yes and No, you might have checked Yes. that could be the reason why you go this email

it might be of good help for dependents who plan to attend School or looking for job. in case of majority indian parents above 65 to 70 its of no use

you might be receiving Passport Request in next few weeks ... months .... so during this time if you need to have Sponsors Credentials certified you need this service and normally it's a long process, therefore they might have sent you this email in advance to Passport request

if you happened to checked No on page 7 of 7 you would not receive this email

Markwaiting123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Jul 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Aug 2016
Med's Request
Sep 2016
Med's Done....
Sep 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 2017 (Finnaly)
When you requesting for GCMS Notes Did you request for Sponsor File or Immigration File? Im waiting for GCMS Immigration file...

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
Markwaiting123 said:
When you requesting for GCMS Notes Did you request for Sponsor File or Immigration File? Im waiting for GCMS Immigration file...
when you are on Access to Information request web site

there are two fields and so far i have been using the following
What type of records would you like to request? i would be selecting " Family Class, Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada or Refugee Sponsorship"

Specify the type of file you are requesting: Sponsor's file (i.e. information that belong to the sponsor (s))

for the following reasons
a. i am sponsoring my Parents
b. i am still at Sponsorship approval stage and like to know what's happening with my Sponsorship application.