+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

markpenn

Jan 26, 2016
what's the average processing time for local VISA office now?
somehow, it's no longer showing on CIC website.
Thanks!

hopesmoothly

Jan 20, 2016
soonihope said:
I understand the frustration of people here, however it is important to understand that under the old system applicants only needed to prove one year's income and submit very little in supporting documentation at the time the application was filed. Then at a later stage i.e now the income verification and all the other forms are requested and verified.

Under the new processing system the applicant needs to provide 3 years of income verification via official documents (NOA/option C printout) not pay stubs at the time application is submitted. Also most of the required IMM forms are submitted at the time of application as well.
Therefore I believe under the new system there seems little need to request the same paperwork which was submitted only a couple of years ago so the first stage is being finalized quicker and files are transferred to LVO.

Old files require the submitted documents to be checked and verified. This is the only reason why more time is taken to approve old cases.
Also remember once the files go to LVO they will be processed in the same way as the requirements for the second stage is identical for the old and new cases.

For those who feel that by getting file transferred to LVO means those people will all get visas before May-Nov 2011 cases, then let me say this is also not entirely the case either.

I was in the batch May 2010 - Apr 2011. My application was filed in Apr 2011 so I was right at the end of that batch. In fact my application was submitted much closer to many of you who filed in the months on May, June and July 2011 than some of the people from my batch who filed in May, June and July 2010.

My sponsorship approval occurred in Jan 2015 fairly quickly following document submission in Sept 2014.
My LVO is Ottawa and a lot of people from my batch had files transferred to Ottawa (about 25 cases from this forum) my file was one on the early ones to be transferred. I think at the time about 7 of those other cases had been transferred before me.

At that time one would be forgiven if I thought my medical request and maybe even PPR would be done by the summer of 2015.
However every single other person who had their file transferred to Ottawa had submitted their case in 2010.
And even though some had to wait 4-5 months longer to get sponsorship approval and then get case transferred to Ottawa they received their medical requests before us and almost all have also received visas. A couple of cases are pending but 99% of cases submitted before us ( in 2010)were finalized before us which was only fair. They applied in 2010 and we applied in 2011.

I hope that helps you guys understand that there is some fairness to the system.
We got our medical request in Dec 2015 whereas a lot of the 2010 cases received their's between the months of May- Sept 2015.

Even after the medicals the wait continues. Some cases from last year did medicals in the summer and are still waiting for PPR.
It's a long journey from start to finish but remember you will reach the end one day.
Can u tell me after ur file transferred to Ottawa, any additional documents or forms needde to be provided?

avajurug

Sep 4, 2014
A group member had created a file with everyone's dates and statuses. Can someone share it. I am getting impatient/nervous now. My parents application still shows "application received in June 2011".

Application Submitted: June 2011
Request for additional documents: July 2015
Documents submitted: 8-Oct-2015
AOR Received: 17-Dec-2015

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
Created and maintained by ksenya:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lHh3vH2nXeApNooKaiRmbJFkXJ-nnW76MsjpXsIg1to/edit

avajurug said:
A group member had created a file with everyone's dates and statuses. Can someone share it. I am getting impatient/nervous now. My parents application still shows "application received in June 2011".

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
avajurug said:

I am behind you, about one to one and a half month in terms of Additional Document submission (26th Nov 2015) and receipt of acknowledgement (i.e. 24th Feb 2016). And I have not received any information.
As per GCMS Notes and as per my conversation with CPC-M my case is still in waiting queue (i.e. its status is Open) as of yesterday.

sidluck7

Aug 6, 2015
Hi guys,

I have received medical request for my parents . But one thing i noticed is on Imm1017 (medical forms ) applicants name and other details are absolutely correct , but in the address section CIC has put my address instead of my parents address. Is this normal. Has any of you got medical request and is it the same case for you guys ?
Please let me know if any of you know of this

Thanks

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
hopesmoothly said:
Can u tell me after ur file transferred to Ottawa, any additional documents or forms needde to be provided?
Not so far. Just received medical request via email.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
sidluck7 said:
Hi guys,

I have received medical request for my parents . But one thing i noticed is on Imm1017 (medical forms ) applicants name and other details are absolutely correct , but in the address section CIC has put my address instead of my parents address. Is this normal. Has any of you got medical request and is it the same case for you guys ?

Thanks
Don't worry about the address, it won't affect things. The IME number will link the medical to your parents file.

john_hey

Mar 9, 2016
sidluck7 said:
Hi guys,

Thanks
hi sidluck7,

how did you get your medical? (by email or post mail?)
when was your approval date and which office if you don't mind.

sidluck7

Aug 6, 2015
john_hey said:
hi sidluck7,

how did you get your medical? (by email or post mail?)
when was your approval date and which office if you don't mind.
i got it in email. my LVO is New Delhi . I had recieved approval in end of March.

aresham

Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Rossei said:
+1 from me.

I can understand the frustration from some to see 2014 case progress after waiting 5~6 years themselves. But it's a shame that people can be divided to that extent to bring it to media so that their cases get finalized sooner. Either it will work or backfire on all of us. I agree with you that most 2011 cases will see their result first.
I don't want to guess your motivation for discouraging people to seek help if they treated unfair by CIC. when you call CIC, they deny any 2014 files were processed. The fact is 2014 files were reviewed/processed/approved before May-Nov 2011 files were treated the same. I know some 2014 application might not like it, but the truth is; there are annual limited visa for parents sponsorship and we were ahead of 2014 applicants. Our files should be processed first; unless there is a missing part in application or any obstacle. There are always people like you that accuse whoever is speaking out for dividing. Sorry pal, it is raining out there and I am not discouraged by your ####. For anyone who wants to seek help in this wrong doing, you can contact the MPs involve in these matters and if we couldn't raise the issue then we can ask media to put some light in this.

Minister of Immigration (John McCallum): minister@cic.gc.ca
Conservative Immigration Critic (Michelle Rempel): Michelle.Rempel@parl.gc.ca
NDP Critic for Immigration (Jenny Kwan): Jenny.Kwan.C1@parl.gc.ca

Good Luck all

pgp2011

Mar 16, 2016
I totally agree. I am 2011 applicant, contacted my MP, my file got approved the following week (this was a month ago). A co-worker of mine went straight up to McCallum's office last month, and the office raised the case with CIC, and she also got approval. In both cases we were told that 2014 applicants are not being processed yet. We pushed back saying that it is not true.

All those who say it is not a right, but a privilege to sponsor our parents and therefore we should keep quiet, I strongly disagree. Even though it is a privilege CIC should still respect the order of applications as they promised to do (first come first serve). Just because it is a privilege, it doesn't mean that 2014 applications can be put in front of 2011 applications. I agree that some applications may be more complicated than others and they may need secondary review and those applications may have longer processing times. However, if your application is straightforward then you shouldn't be put at the back of the line and no one should tell you not to follow up with your MP or with the Immigration Minister's office. Remember that even a month's delay in receiving sponsorship approval may mean that several hundred people who applied after you will receive visas before you, and you may be put in the following year's annual quota. So a month's delay in receiving sponsorship approval is not necessarily a month's delay in receiving visa - even one month's delay of sponsorship approval could very well translate into up to a year's delay in receiving visa. Good luck everyone.

aresham said:
I don't want to guess your motivation for discouraging people to seek help if they treated unfair by CIC. when you call CIC, they deny any 2014 files were processed. The fact is 2014 files were reviewed/processed/approved before May-Nov 2011 files were treated the same. I know some 2014 application might not like it, but the truth is; there are annual limited visa for parents sponsorship and we were ahead of 2014 applicants. Our files should be processed first; unless there is a missing part in application or any obstacle. There are always people like you that accuse whoever is speaking out for dividing. Sorry pal, it is raining out there and I am not discouraged by your ####. For anyone who wants to seek help in this wrong doing, you can contact the MPs involve in these matters and if we couldn't raise the issue then we can ask media to put some light in this.

Minister of Immigration (John McCallum): minister@cic.gc.ca
Conservative Immigration Critic (Michelle Rempel): Michelle.Rempel@parl.gc.ca
NDP Critic for Immigration (Jenny Kwan): Jenny.Kwan.C1@parl.gc.ca

Good Luck all