Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
It is very interesting to see how 2014 parent sponsorship applicants are being approved while we are sitting in limbo. Good for 2014 applicant and I can say it is not fair.

Elizabeth2016

Mar 7, 2016
Hi everyone, congratulations to those applicants who have had their files transferred. I have no additional updates as yet. I tired speaking to my MP but his assistant said that I am still within the regular processing time and that they could not help me. I asked about files from years later being processes and she said that each file is different thus they will be processed differently. I have been waiting almost five years so whats a few more I guess! Good luck to everyone and I will definitely share my updates.

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elizabeth2016 said:
Hi everyone, congratulations to those applicants who have had their files transferred. I have no additional updates as yet. I tired speaking to my MP but his assistant said that I am still within the regular processing time and that they could not help me. I asked about files from years later being processes and she said that each file is different thus they will be processed differently. I have been waiting almost five years so whats a few more I guess! Good luck to everyone and I will definitely share my updates.
What does mean: regular processing time? Have the assistant explained? How long do we need to wait more? CIC phone agent answers that 11 months after AOR was received... Will see. For me it supposed to be July...

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
11 months for approval?

AJade

Mar 12, 2016
Online status for Permanent Residence Application now shows in-process at LVO Ottawa. Still waiting for medical request.

Elizabeth2016

Mar 7, 2016
The assistant just checked CIC website and said that applications received on or before November 2011 are still being processed so I guess unless the processing time changes my MP wouldn't help @ Ksenya.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
Elizabeth2016 said:
The assistant just checked CIC website and said that applications received on or before November 2011 are still being processed so I guess unless the processing time changes my MP wouldn't help @ Ksenya.
Website said that since last year Oct 2015,

I do not know what words to say or use.

after solid wait of 4 years they send us a new set of forms to be filled up, and that too via email

I total lost trust in the system. in my case my fill is complete no errors, small family, solid income but still waiting in the line

folks form 2014 are happy of we being stuck, since at the end of the day there's a quota on number of PR issued

and they are getting our visas

aresham

Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
I would say let's take it to the media and let the public know. Also, share it with the Parliament immigration critics. Maybe they can fix the mess we are in. It seems CIC doesn't want to admit their mistake in processing files in wrong order.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
how can we do it?

how to initiate it?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
I understand the frustration of people here, however it is important to understand that under the old system applicants only needed to prove one year's income and submit very little in supporting documentation at the time the application was filed. Then at a later stage i.e now the income verification and all the other forms are requested and verified.

Under the new processing system the applicant needs to provide 3 years of income verification via official documents (NOA/option C printout) not pay stubs at the time application is submitted. Also most of the required IMM forms are submitted at the time of application as well.
Therefore I believe under the new system there seems little need to request the same paperwork which was submitted only a couple of years ago so the first stage is being finalized quicker and files are transferred to LVO.

Old files require the submitted documents to be checked and verified. This is the only reason why more time is taken to approve old cases.
Also remember once the files go to LVO they will be processed in the same way as the requirements for the second stage is identical for the old and new cases.

For those who feel that by getting file transferred to LVO means those people will all get visas before May-Nov 2011 cases, then let me say this is also not entirely the case either.

I was in the batch May 2010 - Apr 2011. My application was filed in Apr 2011 so I was right at the end of that batch. In fact my application was submitted much closer to many of you who filed in the months on May, June and July 2011 than some of the people from my batch who filed in May, June and July 2010.

My sponsorship approval occurred in Jan 2015 fairly quickly following document submission in Sept 2014.
My LVO is Ottawa and a lot of people from my batch had files transferred to Ottawa (about 25 cases from this forum) my file was one on the early ones to be transferred. I think at the time about 7 of those other cases had been transferred before me.

At that time one would be forgiven if I thought my medical request and maybe even PPR would be done by the summer of 2015.
However every single other person who had their file transferred to Ottawa had submitted their case in 2010.
And even though some had to wait 4-5 months longer to get sponsorship approval and then get case transferred to Ottawa they received their medical requests before us and almost all have also received visas. A couple of cases are pending but 99% of cases submitted before us ( in 2010)were finalized before us which was only fair. They applied in 2010 and we applied in 2011.

I hope that helps you guys understand that there is some fairness to the system.
We got our medical request in Dec 2015 whereas a lot of the 2010 cases received their's between the months of May- Sept 2015.

Even after the medicals the wait continues. Some cases from last year did medicals in the summer and are still waiting for PPR.
It's a long journey from start to finish but remember you will reach the end one day.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
+1 ... well put!
soonihope said:
I understand the frustration of people here, however it is important to understand that under the old system applicants only needed to prove one year's income and submit very little in supporting documentation at the time the application was filed. Then at a later stage i.e now the income verification and all the other forms are requested and verified.

Under the new processing system the applicant needs to provide 3 years of income verification via official documents (NOA/option C printout) not pay stubs at the time application is submitted. Also most of the required IMM forms are submitted at the time of application as well.
Therefore I believe under the new system there seems little need to request the same paperwork which was submitted only a couple of years ago so the first stage is being finalized quicker and files are transferred to LVO.

Old files require the submitted documents to be checked and verified. This is the only reason why more time is taken to approve old cases.
Also remember once the files go to LVO they will be processed in the same way as the requirements for the second stage is identical for the old and new cases.

For those who feel that by getting file transferred to LVO means those people will all get visas before May-Nov 2011 cases, then let me say this is also not entirely the case either.

I was in the batch May 2010 - Apr 2011. My application was filed in Apr 2011 so I was right at the end of that batch. In fact my application was submitted much closer to many of you who filed in the months on May, June and July 2011 than some of the people from my batch who filed in May, June and July 2010.

My sponsorship approval occurred in Jan 2015 fairly quickly following document submission in Sept 2014.
My LVO is Ottawa and a lot of people from my batch had files transferred to Ottawa (about 25 cases from this forum) my file was one on the early ones to be transferred. I think at the time about 7 of those other cases had been transferred before me.

At that time one would be forgiven if I thought my medical request and maybe even PPR would be done by the summer of 2015.
However every single other person who had their file transferred to Ottawa had submitted their case in 2010.
And even though some had to wait 4-5 months longer to get sponsorship approval and then get case transferred to Ottawa they received their medical requests before us and almost all have also received visas. A couple of cases are pending but 99% of cases submitted before us ( in 2010)were finalized before us which was only fair. They applied in 2010 and we applied in 2011.

I hope that helps you guys understand that there is some fairness to the system.
We got our medical request in Dec 2015 whereas a lot of the 2010 cases received their's between the months of May- Sept 2015.

Even after the medicals the wait continues. Some cases from last year did medicals in the summer and are still waiting for PPR.
It's a long journey from start to finish but remember you will reach the end one day.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
winnipegmb said:
+1 ... well put!
I am not arguing or judging who is right or wrong here

Basic argument I have is. In Year 2011 CIC had posted their Application Kit, guide lines / requirement for sponsoring Parents on their web site at that time.

We have filed our applications that are meeting those requirements sat at that time both financially and complete information.

Please note there are asking Financial statements from CRA, which is Government of Canada, and Immigration Canada is Government of Canada too.

if you look at the additional information form what are they asking, basically its repeating the work, there is no Net new information in it.

we all should Pray to GOD that Immigration Canada does not have another Smart Officer coming up with some new Process and ask for a second or third round for new forms

I don’t want to use bad words here. But in my case when they have asked for financial back ground for two years, basically submitted additional two years pre and post period they have asked.

World does not respect Honest people in short. Hard learnt lesson, even though if you don’t need it, just grab it don’t worry about others and save it for rainy day.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
soonihope said:

+1 from me.

I can understand the frustration from some to see 2014 case progress after waiting 5~6 years themselves. But it's a shame that people can be divided to that extent to bring it to media so that their cases get finalized sooner. Either it will work or backfire on all of us. I agree with you that most 2011 cases will see their result first.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
I don't believe anyone here doesn't get your frustrations, on the contrary, pretty much everyone here wishes that their parents were PRs yesterday. My bump was for soonihope's rational response describing his own experiences.

This isn't a 2011 vs 2014 competition; I've said it here before - it'll happen when it happens. CIC isn't out to "get you" by extra paper work, this isn't in any way personal. You may think you've represented yourself well when preparing your sponsorship application (experience: 1 or maybe 2 applications you've filed for PGP) vs. the visa officer who may have seen 100s or even 1000s of applications. They have a job to do to ensure only qualified sponsors make it through. I truly believe CIC owes me nothing. My parents being granted PR isn't some right, its a privilege. Also, just because CIC and CRA are both federal departments, doesn't mean they can share information (privacy is a major concern, see: FIPPA). If you've applied for citizenship, you may recall having to explicitly grant consent to CIC to talk to CBSA.

Hyperbole and negativity will only make this wait more difficult ... hope you (we all!) get some positive news soon!

kcdasoju said:
I am not arguing or judging who is right or wrong here

Basic argument I have is. In Year 2011 CIC had posted their Application Kit, guide lines / requirement for sponsoring Parents on their web site at that time.

We have filed our applications that are meeting those requirements sat at that time both financially and complete information.

Please note there are asking Financial statements from CRA, which is Government of Canada, and Immigration Canada is Government of Canada too.

if you look at the additional information form what are they asking, basically its repeating the work, there is no Net new information in it.

we all should Pray to GOD that Immigration Canada does not have another Smart Officer coming up with some new Process and ask for a second or third round for new forms

I don’t want to use bad words here. But in my case when they have asked for financial back ground for two years, basically submitted additional two years pre and post period they have asked.

World does not respect Honest people in short. Hard learnt lesson, even though if you don’t need it, just grab it don’t worry about others and save it for rainy day.