+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

sidluck7

Aug 6, 2015
Tobbie said:
Hi guys, I have a question, bcoz im facing a problem right now with regards to my sponsorship application. Now here is the case. My file was returned to me last march 14 and they told me on the letter that it was incomplete so they are returning it. It is the 2nd time that they had returned my application, the first time is bcoz they are asking for option C, now the 2nd time they have returned it is bcoz the original application is different from the generic application form. Here is exactly what it says in the letter.

Our office has examined the documentation you have submitted and determined that certain information is missing, in accordance with section 12 of the immigration and refugee protection regulations, the entire application for permanent residence is being returned to you for the following

Required forms
Generic application form for canada is missing dependants. The imm0008 must be completed to indicate: accompanying and non accopanying

All dependants (which include the principal applicant's spouse or commonlaw partner and children) must be entered on both the original application to sponsor undertaking(imm 1344A) and the generic application form for canada(imm 0008), whether accompanying or not. If a dependant is later removed from the application or if a dependant child under the age of 22 was never entered on either the imm1344A or imm 0008, a letter of explanation signed by either the sponsor or principal applicant, must be submitted with the application.

Schedule A background declaration(imm 5669) form required for: accompanying and non accompanying dependants

A completed and signed imm 5669 is required for the principal applicant, their spouse or common law partner(whether they are accompanying or not) and each dependent child 18 years old and over(whether they are accompanying or not). The form must be signed.

Original additional family information(imm 5406) form required for accompanying and non accompanying dependants.

Now here is the case, my mother and I(a dependant under 22 single) is being sponsored, on the original application they sent last 2011 they are sponsoring my mother, 2 sisters and me. they have decided to just sponsor me and my mother now, but on the original application it was the 4 of us. So in the imm 0008 that we have sent to them last year we told them that my sisters are not accompanying anymore along with my father which was not entered as accompanying ever, along with a letter telling them that they are not gonna accompany my mother.
On the other hand in the background declaration i have included and made a form for my mother, father, my 2 sisters (not accompanying, and me an accompanying dependant. The one who is sponsoring us is my 2nd eldest sister in canada thats why i did not include her there, i also did not include my eldest sister who is married and living in japan coz she is not a dependant in the first place.

I also made a form for additional family information for my mother, father, 2 sisters(not accompanying) and me(accompanying dependants. I did not make one for my sister who is sponsoring us, and i did not make one for my sister in japan coz she is already married and living in japan.

Should i include my sister from japan in the background declaration and additional family information?
How about my sister who sponsoring us?(btw she is also married)

Please help me with this, i only have 2 weeks left to solve this.
pan canadian law firm has some online video tutorial on how to fill all the application forms . make sure you fill all the forms correctly , some forms are very confusing, specially imm5406. if you are missing any details or if you filled forms incorrectly they will keep sending your application back. my brother inlaw had sponsored his younger brother in original application ,but when they requested documnets again after 3 years he simply dint put his brother as dependent in new forms becasue his younger brother was married at that time.this thing didnt change anything and his application was accepted . so just make sure all the forms are filled correctly and comletely.incomplete details are the mailn reason for rejected applications.hope this will help you.immigrationcanada.pro/videos/video-tutorial-additional-family-information-form-imm5406/, good luck

Tobbie

Jan 29, 2016
sidluck7 said:
pan canadian law firm has some online video tutorial on how to fill all the application forms . make sure you fill all the forms correctly , some forms are very confusing, specially imm5406. if you are missing any details or if you filled forms incorrectly they will keep sending your application back. my brother inlaw had sponsored his younger brother in original application ,but when they requested documnets again after 3 years he simply dint put his brother as dependent in new forms becasue his younger brother was married at that time.this thing didnt change anything and his application was accepted . so just make sure all the forms are filled correctly and comletely.incomplete details are the mailn reason for rejected applications.hope this will help you.immigrationcanada.pro/videos/video-tutorial-additional-family-information-form-imm5406/, good luck
Should i fillup a form for my sister in japan though she is not a dependant anymore? Coz she is already married. I mean should i fillup imm 5406(additional family information) and imm 5669(background declaration) for her?

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
hi am new on this form...i got an email from cic that my file has pending review by an officer...what should i expect.....its already in process

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
ravi@yahoo said:
hi am new on this form...i got an email from cic that my file has pending review by an officer...what should i expect.....its already in process
when did you apply initially: is it in Year 2011?

when did you submit additional documents, is it in Year 2015?

When did you get letter / email saying that your file is complete and its in Processing Queue on First come First basis

and the email that you are talking about, is it conformation email that you might have received after you have submitted additional documents, or is some thing in additional to the the conformation email

With regards

Ramesh Dasoju

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
yes i applied in 2011.sent additional information in sep2015..cic starts processing in jan2016.got email about pending review last week..thanks for reply..

sidluck7

Aug 6, 2015
Tobbie said:
Should i fillup a form for my sister in japan though she is not a dependant anymore? Coz she is already married. I mean should i fillup imm 5406(additional family information) and imm 5669(background declaration) for her?
please google , pan canadian law firm form guide , it doesnt allow me to post link here. I think , they are requesting an explanation letter that why she is removed from application with principal applicant signataure, so put that letter with her imm 5406 , thats how you are assured that you are not missing anything from your end. CIC will not reject files if you provide extra details , they only reject if they are missing details or forms. i woud recommend you to visit the pan canadian website for form guide. I had similar confusions and it cleared all of the confusions and questions. you can also call CIC for such questions.
I also got good news from CIC yesterday that my Application is approved and transfered to LVO. i wish you good luck

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
I received the approval email on 30th March and file transferred to London office.

Time line

Application submitted: May 2011
Application acknowlegment: 2012
Additional documents requested: July 2015
Document submitted: Aug 2015
AOR: Sep-2015
Application processing started: Jan 4, 2016
Sponsorship approval and file transferred: 30 Mar 2016

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked ecas and the Permanent Residence Application status is updated to "In Process". Though there are no additional details added within :)

Always good to see some update / movement

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
MOONGS said:
Just checked ecas and the Permanent Residence Application status is updated to "In Process". Though there are no additional details added within :)

Always good to see some update / movement
Well also one member from this batch also has received medical request. That I think is really good news for everyone in this batch.

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:
Well also one member from this batch also has received medical request. That I think is really good news for everyone in this batch.
Cool, sorry i am not up to date but who got the medical request from our group ?

Also, you have 2 applications right, one filed in 2010 & the other in 2011 ( asking since i see timeline of the 2011 application in your profile / signature)

Vik74

Oct 14, 2015
Received sponsorship approval email today from CIC. File transferred to CPC Ottawa.

Can anyone please share what the next steps are and how long does it take from here on?

Greatly appreciated.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
I have requested Access for Information, and after 30 days I have received following information, can someone help me what is the meaning of “App status Reason: Inventory-SPR”

GCMS Information Request: Sponsorship Application
Application: F000??????
Created Date: 2013/03/05 time
Created By:
Updated Date: 2015/10/23 time
Updated By:
Primary Office: CPC Mississauga
Secondary Office:
App Status: Open
App status Reason: Inventory-SPR
Rec’s Date: 2011/09/12
Category: FC4
Sub Category:
Group Name:
Group #:

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys! Just updated our statistics... Check my signature

Unfortunately, I don't have approval yet... Hopefully soon...

Good luck!

tartas11

Aug 22, 2015
Hi guys
Just to update
File for my parents in Aug 2011
AOR received in Aug 2013
Additional Docs requested July 2015
Additional Docs sent Sep 2015
AOR received October 2015
Processing Started January 2016
Sponsorship apprvd & File transf to LVO: Waiting

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
Mine said the same until ECas started to show the sponsorship status as 'in progress'. After which, mine now says "In Progress-SPR" (in ATIP notes from 2 weeks ago).
Just based on my experience, seems like the sponsorship app sits as inventory until the processing starts.

kcdasoju said:
I have requested Access for Information, and after 30 days I have received following information, can someone help me what is the meaning of “App status Reason: Inventory-SPR”

GCMS Information Request: Sponsorship Application
Application: F000??????
Created Date: 2013/03/05 time
Created By:
Updated Date: 2015/10/23 time
Updated By:
Primary Office: CPC Mississauga
Secondary Office:
App Status: Open
App status Reason: Inventory-SPR
Rec’s Date: 2011/09/12
Category: FC4