+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

Elizabeth2016

Mar 7, 2016
Yes, I can check their status online. It just states that "We have received your application for Permanent residence on May 20th 2011" and it has their names and addresses. My parents lives in the USA and are duel citizens but when I filed the initial application they were not thus Port of Spain was the LVO. They have no dependents. They applied for FBI police checks a month ago so they have to wait for 2 more months. I am hoping that it wouldn't cause a delay. For anyone who is anxious about not receiving your sponsorship approval or that your online status has not changed, just keep checking your emails, maybe your files were transferred and you weren't informed.

askquestion

May 19, 2016
Elizabeth2016 said:
Yes, I can check their status online. It just states that "We have received your application for Permanent residence on May 20th 2011" and it has their names and addresses. My parents lives in the USA and are duel citizens but when I filed the initial application they were not thus Port of Spain was the LVO. They have no dependents. They applied for FBI police checks a month ago so they have to wait for 2 more months. I am hoping that it wouldn't cause a delay. For anyone who is anxious about not receiving your sponsorship approval or that your online status has not changed, just keep checking your emails, maybe your files were transferred and you weren't informed.
Hey, if you read my post above in red, you will see my scenario is similar to yours that there is no update on ECAS and have not received sponsorship approval yet but have got the request for medical and pcc.

Elizabeth2016

Mar 7, 2016
askquestion said:
Hey, if you read my post above in red, you will see my scenario is similar to yours that there is no update on ECAS and have not received sponsorship approval yet but have got the request for medical and pcc.
We do have a similar situation. Your file was transferred quickly. Is there a deadline of 30 days to submit medical and police clearance? Were you given a client ID# for the person/persons you sponsored? I am not sure how fast my LVO is or if anyone else from our batch has Port of Spain as their LVO. Each visa office seem to operate differently.
I feel really bad for members who submitted documents ahead of me and are yet to receive approvals or have their files transferred. Maybe those whose files needed a secondary review, or had any changes in their applications are taking a longer time to be approved and transferred.

askquestion

May 19, 2016
Elizabeth2016 said:
We do have a similar situation. Your file was transferred quickly. Is there a deadline of 30 days to submit medical and police clearance? Were you given a client ID# for the person/persons you sponsored? I am not sure how fast my LVO is or if anyone else from our batch has Port of Spain as their LVO. Each visa office seem to operate differently.
I feel really bad for members who submitted documents ahead of me and are yet to receive approvals or have their files transferred. Maybe those whose files needed a secondary review, or had any changes in their applications are taking a longer time to be approved and transferred.
Yes, the UCI number is mentioned in the emails received for medicals and pcc. There is also a 30 days time limit to get the medicals and pcc.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
Elizabeth2016 said:
in my case i submitted additional documents in Nov 2015, and got acknowledgement in Feb 2016, and in May 2016 its changed to in-Process

i had no errors, and no changes in family size or Income

still i am stuck

Elizabeth2016

Mar 7, 2016
kcdasoju said:
in my case i submitted additional documents in Nov 2015, and got acknowledgement in Feb 2016, and in May 2016 its changed to in-Process

i had no errors, and no changes in family size or Income

still i am stuck
I hope you hear from CIC soon. We have all waited a long time but it will be over sooner than later. Just give it like a month.

cristhel.fernandez

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Hi,

How's everyone been doing? I am patiently been waiting for passport request for my mom and 2 dependents. We sponsored them in October 2010.
But yesterday, I received a generated email from CIC/IRCC: I just want to know if there's anybody who received the same thing? could this me a computer error.
because I am expecting that there could be another email requesting for the passport. please advise.

This is an auto-generated message. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

Application number: Fxxxxxxxxx
Get help before arriving in Canada – Pre-arrival services

On behalf of the Government of Canada, the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) encourages you to access FREE pre-arrival services offered by third-party service providers funded by IRCC.

We encourage you to visit this link to learn more about the service locations and registration procedures as featured in our Pre-arrival Services website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

There are free online and in-person services for you and your family. These services are provided to you free of charge by the settlement service providers listed below while you are still overseas. Many service providers offer general information such as:

· understanding life in Canada,
· finding a job in Canada, and
· accessing other free settlement services when you arrive in Canada.

Other settlement service providers offer very specific information. To find the best service providers to fit your needs, explore the list of service providers below and select according to your profession or your destination (city or province). You are allowed to get services from as many different service providers as you need, and always at no cost.

Services are available online or in-person to:
· permanent residents,
· refugees,
· protected persons, and
· live-in caregivers

Thank you.

Visa Section
Embassy of Canada in the Philippines

NOTE: If you are already in Canada – please disregard this email.

This is an auto-generated message. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

Rock1973

May 20, 2016
Question for 2011 applicants, who have started a petition.

Do you agree that 2010 applicants should be granted visa first and then your application shall be looked into???

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
Rock1973 said:

Do you agree that 2010 applicants should be granted visa first and then your application shall be looked into???
I recommend you, to request CIC to provide you with their PGP Sponsorship Queue handling policy document (more specific to 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016).
I do agree with you question, but not until each and every file in 2010 batch is granted with a visa. It’s not practical to wait until all the 2010 files are corrected, re-assessed and processed.
I do agree with you on, CIC / CPC should not open and assess 2011 files until all of 2010 files have been assessed AT LEAST once.
But that is not the situation here. There are lots of folks in 2011 batch whose files have not been opened at least once (this information is from GCMS notes), and there additional documentations were submitted in 2015, and Acknowledgement received stating that application is complete and are in the Queue. And you see folks for 2015 batch getting Approval, Metical, PCC and PP request.
I have requested for a Policy document on How they are handling the queue, i did not have enough luck.
We do not like to go to Immigration Minister on individual basis, have one or two cases addressed here and there. We are trying to bring this to notice with help of collective agreement and it would help every one.

pgp2011

Mar 16, 2016
As 2011 applicant, I agree with that. However, when 2014 and 2015 applicants are getting medical requests, 2011 applicants can't just sit and wait. If you are 2010 applicant, you are more than welcome to prepare and send a petition to the government asking them to process your application before 2011, 2014 and 2015 cases. I would fully support application processing based on the order in which they were received.

Rock1973 said:

Pandori

May 18, 2016
kcdasoju said:
so your sponsorship is approved, and your file has been transferred to Local Visa Office?

and you are waiting for Medical etc.

Is that right?
Yes, We are waiting for Medical.

Moudgill

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hi All!
Is anyone who received sponsorship approval in March 2016 and case transfer to Ottawa office get any update or medical request? Please note i asked about Ottawa office keep in this mind. My account shows Sponsorship "in Process" and my parents PR status shows "Application received" and i received my sponsorship approval in March 2016 but it still shows In process.

Please give anyone who get any update from Ottawa after case transfer to that office in March 2016.[flash=200,200][/flash]

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
Moudgill said:
Hi All!
Is anyone who received sponsorship approval in March 2016 and case transfer to Ottawa office get any update or medical request? Please note i asked about Ottawa office keep in this mind. My account shows Sponsorship "in Process" and my parents PR status shows "Application received" and i received my sponsorship approval in March 2016 but it still shows In process.

Please give anyone who get any update from Ottawa after case transfer to that office in March 2016.[flash=200,200][/flash]
CIC is very slow in updating the status. I also received approval in March 2016. File transferred to London - Uk. Received the Medical. Completed the Medical in mid May. But status still show In Process on both categories.