May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 2016
Hi Guys,

I also received an email from Delhi to provide some documents such as PCC's, Payment proof for RPRF, Schedule A, Travel information form. Also, there is form for non-accompanying adult son/daughter.

My question is my sister who is independent and married and not being sponsored in the application, but i did mentioned her details under the family info of my parents as their child. Do i have to fill this non-accompanying form for her?

Also, I read in this form, someone was asked to get the non-accompanying brother's medical along with parents. Is this a new requirement?

Thanks..
Harrie

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Harrie said:
Hi Guys,

I also received an email from Delhi to provide some documents such as PCC's, Payment proof for RPRF, Schedule A, Travel information form. Also, there is form for non-accompanying adult son/daughter.

My question is my sister who is independent and married and not being sponsored in the application, but i did mentioned her details under the family info of my parents as their child. Do i have to fill this non-accompanying form for her?
If you were asked to fill IMM5604 form, I believe it's only meant for non-accompanying minors. So, your sister may not need to fill this.

Also, I read in this form, someone was asked to get the non-accompanying brother's medical along with parents. Is this a new requirement?
This is what CIC says about Immigration Medical Exam:
If you apply for permanent residence, you must have an immigration medical exam. Your dependants must also have a medical exam, even if they are not coming with you.
A depdendant is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a permanent resident or principal applicant.

So, your sister may not need to undergo an IME.

PS: Don't just count on my words. Others who have similar situation can be more helpful in this regard.

Harrie

Nov 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 2016
Hi Rossie,

Thank you for the details.

They sent me the form within email (There is no IMM# for this form) it looks like a non standard CIC form and it says it is for non-accompanying adult son/daughter.

I guess I have to fill it as it is not IMM5604 form for minors.

Thanks..

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Harrie said:
Hi Rossie,

Thank you for the details.

They sent me the form within email (There is no IMM# for this form) it looks like a non standard CIC form and it says it is for non-accompanying adult son/daughter.

I guess I have to fill it as it is not IMM5604 form for minors.

Thanks..

Hi Harrie,
I had also received similar email from NDVO when my parents file was transferred to them. But it seems like this was auto generate email that goes to everyone. I asked the same thing to the forum but didnot get any solid reply. So i didn't bother to fill that form as it was not in the application package initially. After a week , we get another message in MyCic for medical test in 30 days. So finally we submitted PPRF, Schedule A, Travel History and PCC to NDVO on Sept 6h. And there is no updates about the documents we sent to them by their is an update on MyCic about medical Passed.

Thanks,

Markwaiting123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Jul 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Aug 2016
Med's Request
Sep 2016
Med's Done....
Sep 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 2017 (Finnaly)
Hi guys! I received an email through GCMS asking for PCC from 18th birthday upto this date... also 2 PR photos and IMM 0008 form and IMM 5669 filled and newly signed. I submitted those document last year and they asking again...

I have already taken PCC from 23rd birthday upto last month, now I have to request PCC again since I'm missing 5 years... Since they mentioned I have to submit within 1 month I'm just worried this may delay the process. Do you think I should submit the police report I have until I get the other PCC or wait for new PCC?

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
this question / request to share information is to those folks whose parents file is being processed at Ottawa Office.

did you receive Medical and PCC request in the month of Aug and Sep 2016?

If YES, when was your file transferred to Ottawa?

in my case my parents file was transferred to Ottawa on 7th July 2016 and so far i have not received any communication both by Post or email,

normally the trend was two months but in my case i am getting close to Three months (shy by one week and half week)

Please share you information please

With regards

Dasoju

nawabheer

Jun 6, 2015
Dear All,

I have one observation for persons whose files have been sent to Ottawa.I see five/six files were transferred since March 2016.My file was sent on 23 Jun 2016.In all these files there seems no work whatsoever from March till Sep. Whereas other Visa offices are progressing. I sent an query through my MP.They told her that delay is since they did not receive dependants form. Whereas since dependant daughter got married and was interested,my parents had send a specific letter. The copy of same has been sent through MP again.So they delaying our applications on a very frivolous reasons. Let us all put pressure on Ottawa office through our MPs.Please tell your MPs that Liberal party had promised priority in family unifications, but they are not displaying on ground.i told this to my MP.

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
So not only Ottawa office rather all other offices are not processing parents application. My file was transferred to London Visa office since 31st March, Medical was done and passed on 17th May but no news after that. On the other hand spousal sponsorship are going well at all visa offices according the spreadsheet on these forum.

I don't know if they are out of quota for this year for parents and grand parents category. Minister announced additional 5000 quota for parents and grand parents category but we don't know when that will take effect, in 2016 or 2017.

According to the Statistics they have approved and processed 8,688 application in parents and grand parents category until June 2016 and pending application until June 2016 are 57,382 for this category.

navi17

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2011
nawabheer said:
Dear All,

I have one observation for persons whose files have been sent to Ottawa.I see five/six files were transferred since March 2016.My file was sent on 23 Jun 2016.In all these files there seems no work whatsoever from March till Sep. Whereas other Visa offices are progressing. I sent an query through my MP.They told her that delay is since they did not receive dependants form. Whereas since dependant daughter got married and was interested,my parents had send a specific letter. The copy of same has been sent through MP again.So they delaying our applications on a very frivolous reasons. Let us all put pressure on Ottawa office through our MPs.Please tell your MPs that Liberal party had promised priority in family unifications, but they are not displaying on ground.i told this to my MP.
Hi,

My file(applied for parents PR) was sent to Ottawa on 17 March, 2016 and we have already got passport request on september 8th. I know at least 2 applications that were sent to Ottawa in march and have already been Approved. So its not that they are not working at all but there are some cases that havent moved a lot since transfer to ottawa (not sure why).

Thanks

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
May be some one can help here

Hello All,

Hope every one is doing well Smiley

Sorry , if i have posted my questions in wrong forum. If so please point me to correct one so that i can send it there.

I had applied for my Parents sponsorship in June 2010. Still My application is in Process. Even did not passed the phase to check my eligibility as a sponsor. My application is in Pending review. I had visited MP office, Minister of Immigration and also sent ATIP request to know how much time it would take to complete this Pending review. No one has any answer except,
"Every application is different so when application is in Pending Review there is no time line" and strange to know that CIC is not liable to answer that question. CIC is not answerable to any one. There is no way i can find this? It is really really sad Sad . How that can happen?. At least at the moment, I could not think much except re-apply and I have questions about that

I am thinking to file again a Brand New application in Jan 2017 for my mother's sponsorship, because newer applications are being processed quicker. To file a brand new application, I have to meet LICO+30% for 2013,2014 and 2015. I have a question about this new Process

One of my Kid is going to COMPLETE 19 Years of age (born Dec 1997, Not married, Studying in University and Physically and Mentally healthy) at the END of December 2016. I was reading the definition of dependent on CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772etoc.asp#child

"TYPE 1
The child is under the age of 19 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).

TYPE 2
The child is 19 years of age or older and has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition."

Question 1: From the definition above, my understanding is that, my kid is NOT dependent on me and/or my spouse anymore. So while filing application for mother's sponsorship, I can exclude my this Kid from list of dependents , as he is going to cross 19 years of age at the end of December 2016. I should calculate my income excluding this child. Is this understanding of mine is correct?

Question 2: If I am filing the second application , then there would be TWO applications for my mother's sponsorship, Old and this new one. I believe at some point (when both applications are in process) CIC would give me choice to choose one application to proceed with and withdraw the other one. Is this understanding of mine is correct?

Question 3: In future (January 2018), I may be sponsoring my spouse's parents, Can I do that without any issue as long as i meet the Income and other requirements?. I can not apply for them now because of my income limitation

Question 4: I know there is question in the application form, did you still in undertaking of previous sponsorship? Should i select that as Yes or NO? . Technically, i am under undertaking for my mother's previous application but logically it is same , so i am not. Any idea?

Question 5: Is it even possible to apply for second application when the previous in not completed yet? What can be pro and cons of applying the second application

Any suggestions, comments ?

Thank you very much in advance

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
Harrie said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks..
Harrie
As per standard instructions given by NDVO in case of year 2015/2016 cases, if your sister is above 22 years of age and unmarried at the time of sponsership( I think in your case it should be 2011), then you need to fill Non-Accompanying Adult son/ daughter form.

Harrie

Nov 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 2016
Hi adip19,

In my case, my sister is older than me and married since mid 90's and she is even close to retirement.
This generic email got me confused..

So, I guess i shouldn't submit this non-accompanying adult son/daughter form.

Thanks for the help !
Harrie

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Harrie said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks..
Harrie
The email being sent out seems to be a generic auto generated email. The items listed are in most cases already submitted other than the travel history form.

My brother (who is listed as a non-accompanying dependant) is already in Canada, married and going through his own spousal PR application. I am going to fill the adult son/ daughter form anyways.

i had called CIC and asked if my brother could be taken off the application because it would seem a waste of time and money if they request his medical. i was told that if his medical is requested, you can just submit a letter explaining the situation and perhaps provide some documentation etc.

It's interesting how archaic CIC's system is in terms of submitting docs, applications etc. Million different mailing addresses to mail things. Why couldnt there be a document submit option on the myCIC account once an application is linked. Even have to mail the RPRF receipt to an address in missisauga and cant upload it anywhere.

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Question Re PCC's

I submitted PCC's from India with the PR application package. My parents have not been back to india since those PCC's were issued (last august). Obviously they are expired now. Do i need to submit new one's?

I just dread the thought of dealing with BLS/ Indian consulate. The most incompetent bunch i have ever come across.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
navi17 said:
Hi,

My file(applied for parents PR) was sent to Ottawa on 17 March, 2016 and we have already got passport request on september 8th. I know at least 2 applications that were sent to Ottawa in march and have already been Approved. So its not that they are not working at all but there are some cases that havent moved a lot since transfer to ottawa (not sure why).

Thanks
i agree with you, and in case of ksenya his/her file was transferred to Ottawa on 13th June 2016 and they got medical and PCC request on 25th Aug 2016 (so its little over Two months)

and it there case there are no dependents and its single parent.

In my case there are no dependents, and its just two parents

and my file was transferred to Ottawa on 07th July 2016 as of now No update

does anyone know how to contact Ottawa office?

With regards

Dasoju