+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

bellie

Jun 12, 2013
Finally, I received the letter of notice to appear for oath taking today. The letter is dated Feb. 26, 2015 and the Oath date is March 31, 2015.
Thanks to all of you guys, this forum helped a lot.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! Let us hope things are moving along. What is your timeline?

bellie said:
Finally, I received the letter of notice to appear for oath taking today. The letter is dated Feb. 26, 2015 and the Oath date is March 31, 2015.
Thanks to all of you guys, this forum helped a lot.

bellie

Jun 12, 2013
djoli said:
Congratulations! Let us hope things are moving along. What is your timeline?
I applied March 15, 2012, RQ on May 7, 2013, Test on May 21, 2014.
I ordered ATIP Oct 25, 2014 and I ordered another last Feb. 3, 2015 but didn't receive it.
So all in all, I am in my 36 months with the oath taking date.

I really wish everybody will get theirs soon. I know the frustrations and all we can do is wait.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation at least we heard something nice from someone and good luck on your oath :)

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
Dears,
According to CIC website updated Nov 2014, there are 82,000 applications with over 25 months in process and represent 33% of the total applications. It is not clear how many are 36+ months but I guess they are not many!! The point is why CIC are delaying old applications and completing new ones in short time even with RQs. I am not clear why they are doing that for old applications despite all required documents were sent!

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AK111 said:
Dears,
According to CIC website updated Nov 2014, there are 82,000 applications with over 25 months in process and represent 33% of the total applications. It is not clear how many are 36+ months but I guess they are not many!! The point is why CIC are delaying old applications and completing new ones in short time even with RQs. I am not clear why they are doing that for old applications despite all required documents were sent!
I think this has to do with statistics and being able to say to the general public "Look how fast we did it in this past year!".... I don't know just a thought. Not right but I think it's cos of the elections coming up

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also agree, it really has to do with stats and politics.

1. Stats : CIC wants to be able to tell the whole world that news applications are taking a on average 6-8 months to complete so they are focusing on new applications to be able to justify the additional $45 million that was pumped into the department to hire more staff to handle the processing of applications. When the next update comes sometimes in July/August of this year the average processing time will go from 24 months to most likely 12 months and everyone will say how great of a job these guys are doing.

2. Politics: There is no incentive for CIC to work old applications, those that are 24+ and especially the ones that are 36+ months as most of those individuals will not vote for them in the upcoming federal elections. People that have been waiting for more than 3 years are so frustrated with the system that they will never vote of the PC and CIC knows that.

If there are currently 82 applications that are 24+ months I suspect the bulk are over 36+ months.

ScubaC said:
I think this has to do with statistics and being able to say to the general public "Look how fast we did it in this past year!".... I don't know just a thought. Not right but I think it's cos of the elections coming up

ABCL

Mar 3, 2015
I called CIC, they said they have done working on Questionair and my application is in St Clair Office. I am not sure what will be next step.

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
ABCL said:
I called CIC, they said they have done working on Questionair and my application is in St Clair Office. I am not sure what will be next step.
@ABCL: Is your local office is St. Clair or another one? If they review the file, it should be transferred to local office for next step!

ABCL

Mar 3, 2015
AK111 said:
@ ABCL: Is your local office is St. Clair or another one? If they review the file, it should be transferred to local office for next step!
My local office is Scarborough Town Center.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
I called CIC today and was told my file and been transferred to Mississauga and that this was the "last step" before I would hear about a ceremony. I find that suspicious since my file was originally in Mississauga and then transferred to St. Claire. Since I live in Toronto I don't see how my "home office" could possibly be Mississauga. I'm giving this until July when the rules change then I'm cancelling my application and reapplying.

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
I see transferring RQs files to local offices are positive step and should be close to final decision and schedule the Oath!

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AK111 said:
I see transferring RQs files to local offices are positive step and should be close to final decision and schedule the Oath!
it is positive but, again we still have to wait for another 3-4 months and maybe longer who knows... so far in this subject only one person received an invitation to oath,,, as was said before they are focussing on new applicants.... and I agree its a political move..

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone did anyone notice that after this week there are only 2 ceremony dates in Scarborough location one is after march break on the 20th of march and the other is on April 9... no dates in between or before.

does this mean that they are slowing down... ? or is there going to be like special invitation to oath,,, if anyone got an Idea please share.

I envy those whom their office is Mississauga they have been busy no long brakes and they have been working to grant them people their citizenship at least just looking at the dates of their ceremony gives you hope that you might be lucky to attend one of those dates.