+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011-2012 applicants ,still in process applications, RQed or Non RQed

Ottawa971

Apr 9, 2014
ZYXWVU98 said:
hi, Ottawa 971, really hard to believe they have been processing your case for more than 6 years. Did you ever try to call them or write your local office an inquiry letter? this timeline is ridiculous. Are you actually just patiently waiting? I really admire your patience. Are you sure they did not lose your file?
Hi, yes believe it or not I've been actually waiting patently lol. I tried everything, i contacted the local office serval times, sent inquiry letters, met with the PM in my local area, sent an email to the minster himself!! and i all got was " your file is under process and there is no time frame" i don't really know what to do anymore.

tormenta

Mar 3, 2014
Ottawa971 said:
Hi, yes believe it or not I've been actually waiting patently lol. I tried everything, i contacted the local office serval times, sent inquiry letters, met with the PM in my local area, sent an email to the minster himself!! and i all got was " your file is under process and there is no time frame" i don't really know what to do anymore.
Have you tried going to the media with your story? "Waiting 7 years for citizenship" makes for a great headline!

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
hi, Ottawa 971, ever thought of bring the case to federal court and file mandamus? The kind of delay you experienced is just outrageous. This is by far the longest I have ever seen.

Ottawa971 said:

Ottawa971

Apr 9, 2014
tormenta said:
Have you tried going to the media with your story? "Waiting 7 years for citizenship" makes for a great headline!
No not really, i don't think they'll care.

ZYXWVU98 said:
hi, Ottawa 971, ever thought of bring the case to federal court and file mandamus? The kind of delay you experienced is just outrageous. This is by far the longest I have ever seen.

The lawyer i hired doesn't know sh*t, every time i go see him he asks for money and does nothing in return, and to answer your question no, i honestly didn't really know you can bring the case to federal court until you told me. If you could tell me what are the procedures, it will be much appreciated. thanks

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
I don't know where you found your current lawyer. you need to hire a reputable lawyer, not consultant. there is free referral service from law society of upper Canada. They will be able to refer you to a good lawyer to file mandamus which asks the federal court to compel the government render a decision. For your case lasted for 7 years, I really think the government has to come up with very good reason to justify such a delay. hey, 7 years is even enough for a sex offender to complete his prison time and get released. how the hell government can delay your citizenship application for 7 years? how complicated your citizenship application could be?

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waaaaaaaaaaaw is all I can say :eek:. I don't know if I could have handled the pressure and stress of waiting to know the results.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharing my husbands time line
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 12, 2011.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 12, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on March 27, 2012.

4.We sent you a letter on July 23, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

5.We sent you a notice on April 23, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM. location Scarborough

he received an RQ immediately after the test on the same day May 29,2013

we sent the RQ Jun, 2013 dropped off at Scarborough office.

called CIC we were told the file is in ST. Clair east in process and they cant do anything until the 35 months pass then we have to call them again.

I am just wandering what will they do If we call after 35 months have passed, they couldn't help others who have been waiting even longer. how will they help us.

Canadian24

Aug 28, 2013
I applied in 2013, got RQ and my file was transferred to St Clair, where there is no consistent approach to scheduling dates. Friends before and after with RQs have got test dates. So some 2011/2012/2013 files are slow/stuck, whereas a few 2012/2013 have been processed.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi daktrader,

did you call cic ,what did they say ? 50 months is too much, but at least it is after the test. I am still waiting for the test after 36 months :(

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
Hi daktrader,

did you call cic ,what did they say ? 50 months is too much, but at least it is after the test. I am still waiting for the test after 36 months :(
As per the CIC:
Everything is up to date in terms of Background checks...The file is just sitting on a Desk for the RQ to be reviewed by a CO...
You can only imagine how frustrating this is...

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whoa! 7 years! That's crazy. Bureaucrats can get away with anything.

My timeline is in the signature line.

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Can you please tell me when does someone get RQ?

I had a provincial job and got laid off due to cuts in jan 2014...looked for jobs in Vancouver but when nothing worked out, I moved to Calgary...but didn't change my address as I am couch surfing as am looking for work..my mailing address is still for surrey..also, my health card is for calgarya s I got 2 months contract job....I called CIC, and they said, we need the address for a place where we can send you information. Also said, if you are not sure about Calgary, you can hang in there with Vancouver address but the choice is yours..

can this call for RQ?

Please advice

Below is my timeline from surrey:
applied; 18th june 2012
received: 21 june 2012
started processing: 8th june 2012
bground check completed: 5th july 2013
transferred to surrey 14th aug 2013
Surrey started processing 5th September

Called the CIC call center 3 weeks back and they sent a reminder to surrey office. Surrey office did not get back ...so last week I sent a fax. No Resonse to that as well.

I called CIC again today, and he said wait till 15th july as they need three months to respond. I said by then my background will expire. He said, "WE WILL CROSS THE BRIDGE WHEN IT COMES". For now just wait...

Any advise pleaseeee...will b e much much appreciated

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, cit_izen
how did you know transferred to surrey 14th aug 2013 and started processing 5th September?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everytime a file is moved to another office; it takes upto 60 days for that to happen and thus can result in further delay of processing the application.
You are in a complicated situation regarding your mobility...If you still have a permanent address in Surrey; then I would suggest to keep that as is...

There is no gurantee of a RQ...its a 50/50 chance...
RQ can happen before or after a test...there is no timeline on that either...

All the Best!

cit_izen said:
Can you please tell me when does someone get RQ?

I had a provincial job and got laid off due to cuts in jan 2014...looked for jobs in Vancouver but when nothing worked out, I moved to Calgary...but didn't change my address as I am couch surfing as am looking for work..my mailing address is still for surrey..also, my health card is for calgarya s I got 2 months contract job....I called CIC, and they said, we need the address for a place where we can send you information. Also said, if you are not sure about Calgary, you can hang in there with Vancouver address but the choice is yours..

can this call for RQ?

Please advice

Below is my timeline from surrey:
applied; 18th june 2012
received: 21 june 2012
started processing: 8th june 2012
bground check completed: 5th july 2013
transferred to surrey 14th aug 2013
Surrey started processing 5th September

Called the CIC call center 3 weeks back and they sent a reminder to surrey office. Surrey office did not get back ...so last week I sent a fax. No Resonse to that as well.

I called CIC again today, and he said wait till 15th july as they need three months to respond. I said by then my background will expire. He said, "WE WILL CROSS THE BRIDGE WHEN IT COMES". For now just wait...

Any advise pleaseeee...will b e much much appreciated