Category........
Visa Office......
HongKong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
July 31, 2014 (Doc. sent: Sept 30, 2014; CIC rec'd: Oct 2, 2014)
AOR Received.
Dec 17, 2014 (AOR dated: Dec 11, 2014)
File Transfer...
Oct 6, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 6, 2015
soonihope said:
Sorry to hear this. Did your sponsorship approval email in Sept 2015 actually say "you have met the eligibility as a sponsor". If it did not then that was not sponsorship approval. If you had ticked the box continue with processing even if you do not meet the criteria they still transfer the file to LVO.

You need to consider if you want to appeal, as this can easily take 2 years or more. Or Consider resubmitting a new application in Jan 2017 as now cases from 2015 are already being processed so that's only 2 years as well.
Hi Soonihopi,

Yes, the email they sent me on Sept 2015 says "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in Hong Kong for further processing." That's why I am very shocked I got the letter last week saying I am not eligible......

I think I am going to make a new application in Jan 2017, and in the meantime, I want to apply for the visitor visa for both my parents to come visit. However, am I still able to withdraw the PR application in HK now? I am sure HK is going to reject their PR application anytime now, and I don't want this rejection affect them to even get a visitor visa. I shouldn't have ticked the box for continue with the process if I didn't meet the criteria.......

Thanks.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
winnie_vancouver said:
Hi Soonihopi,

Yes, the email they sent me on Sept 2015 says "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in Hong Kong for further processing." That's why I am very shocked I got the letter last week saying I am not eligible......

I think I am going to make a new application in Jan 2017, and in the meantime, I want to apply for the visitor visa for both my parents to come visit. However, am I still able to withdraw the PR application in HK now? I am sure HK is going to reject their PR application anytime now, and I don't want this rejection affect them to even get a visitor visa. I shouldn't have ticked the box for continue with the process if I didn't meet the criteria.......

Thanks.
You would need to check if you can withdraw application now because I know once a file goes into active processing no refund can be obtained. However you will need to check if you can still volunteer to withdraw the application regardless of the refund.

My understanding is that until a final decision has been made you can withdraw your application, you may not get a refund now that's all,because processing had begun on the file.

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
What ut means when they ask for passport copies? Reply asap please :)

Moudgill

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Congrats to all who received medical requests! My parents case also transfer to Ottawa March 2016 hope I also received the medical withing one or two weeks finger crossed. I already submitted all Police clearances certificates and landing fees. I think we only have to submit RCMP police clearance if visa office request? Hope get medical asap so that can low down my stress level. Its long wait and all help from my MP who investigate the case and my file reopened. :eek:

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
Guys after we heard last from London Visa Office today we got email from them to send just photocopy of our passports . Can someone tell from their experience why they asked for just photocopy?

winnie_vancouver

Aug 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
HongKong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Oct 6, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 6, 2015
soonihope said:
You would need to check if you can withdraw application now because I know once a file goes into active processing no refund can be obtained. However you will need to check if you can still volunteer to withdraw the application regardless of the refund.

My understanding is that until a final decision has been made you can withdraw your application, you may not get a refund now that's all,because processing had begun on the file.
Hi soonihope,

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean I can withdraw the PR application for my parents or the sponsorship application for me?

I don't mind they are not going to refund my application fee. I just want to ask for your opinion - for my case, do you think I should withdraw if I can still do so? If yes, do you know what is the quickest way to contact CIC? (and which one I should contact? HK visa office or CIC Ottawa?) I tried to call CIC help center, but they hung up on calls automatically nowadays, so I can't even wait for a representative to ask.

Many thanks.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
winnie_vancouver said:
Hi soonihope,

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean I can withdraw the PR application for my parents or the sponsorship application for me?

I don't mind they are not going to refund my application fee. I just want to ask for your opinion - for my case, do you think I should withdraw if I can still do so? If yes, do you know what is the quickest way to contact CIC? (and which one I should contact? HK visa office or CIC Ottawa?) I tried to call CIC help center, but they hung up on calls automatically nowadays, so I can't even wait for a representative to ask.

Many thanks.
Before you withdraw make sure you check that your income was actually below the amount required to sponsor your family according to the number of people in total.
If it is short then yes you can withdraw your application at anytime. You will need to send a case specific email to the LVO.

In the subject matter write urgent along with your application number.
If a decision has not been made on your file you will be contacted by the LVO following your email and then follow the instructions.

Make sure you keep a copy of all correspondence you send or receive so that in the future you can provide this information should the need occur.

winnie_vancouver

Aug 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
HongKong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Oct 6, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 6, 2015
soonihope said:
Before you withdraw make sure you check that your income was actually below the amount required to sponsor your family according to the number of people in total.
If it is short then yes you can withdraw your application at anytime. You will need to send a case specific email to the LVO.

In the subject matter write urgent along with your application number.
If a decision has not been made on your file you will be contacted by the LVO following your email and then follow the instructions.

Make sure you keep a copy of all correspondence you send or receive so that in the future you can provide this information should the need occur.
Should I withdraw the PR application for my parents or my sponsorship application? Both shows "in process" in Ecas.

Many thanks.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
winnie_vancouver said:
Should I withdraw the PR application for my parents or my sponsorship application? Both shows "in process" in Ecas.

Many thanks.
If you withdraw the sponsorship application then the PR application will close as well.

But before doing this do make sure you were actually under the income required to sponsor your family size. Also remember now with the new application rules you will need LICO plus 30%. If you reapply in Jan 2017 you will need income proof for the years 2013,2014 and 2015. The income required now will be more than under the old rules.

Check everything carefully before you decide to withdraw your application.

winnie_vancouver

Aug 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
HongKong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Oct 6, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 6, 2015
soonihope said:
If you withdraw the sponsorship application then the PR application will close as well.

But before doing this do make sure you were actually under the income required to sponsor your family size. Also remember now with the new application rules you will need LICO plus 30%. If you reapply in Jan 2017 you will need income proof for the years 2013,2014 and 2015. The income required now will be more than under the old rules.

Check everything carefully before you decide to withdraw your application.
Yes I checked. If I had enough income in 2010 for a family size of 3, but no enough for a family size of 4. I applied back in 2010 because I thought I can apply for my parents only and without knowing they have to count my sister as part of the family size. I guess it doesn't matter she is already a PR now in Canada if CIC only look at year 2010.

I have enough to cover 2013 and 2014 according to the chart of income requirement. So do you mean I can kinda calculate the approximate income requirement for 2015 by using the LICO of 2015 times 30%?

Thanks.

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
Has someone ever experienced that their visa office asked for photo copy of passports?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
winnie_vancouver said:
I have enough to cover 2013 and 2014 according to the chart of income requirement. So do you mean I can kinda calculate the approximate income requirement for 2015 by using the LICO of 2015 times 30%?

Thanks.
yes that would give you a rough idea of amount for 2015 as well

winnie_vancouver

Aug 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
HongKong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Oct 6, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 6, 2015
soonihope said:
yes that would give you a rough idea of amount for 2015 as well
Thank you for all your help soonihope.

networkjas

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Dec 2010
Doc's Request.
31 July 2014
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2014
File Transfer...
13 Oct 2015
Med's Request
22 Oct 2015
Any Delhi case is left ? Waiting for the PPR ?