+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

pgp2011

Mar 16, 2016
Your studies have nothing to do with your PR application. You were 19 at the time of your application and your dependent status was locked in at that time. It doesn't matter if you continue studying or not. The only thing that can affect your dependent status is getting married.

prince nijjar said:
Please give some advice senior members
I am dependebt type A my age was locked 19 years and now 23 years old.
From 1 to till now im am full tym continous student . My graduation getting over in may 2016 .
But my graduation is not cleared i have 7-8 reappers . Now what should i do next plz shed some light.after may 2016 universty give me 4years grace period to complete reappers but i cant go for master .

My stydy - dimplona in ECE
Btech -ECE

Now please advice me should i take admmision in bsc IT ..which is second gradutation or i will take ITI in electrican and clearing my reaapers in that tym..if i go with ITi will embassy put question why uh come back to lower sdties.... Or go with second graduation ...have any one goes through from this situtation . Will embassy also put question on 2 graduation ...can we do that

bmm

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
thank you..yeah its just 8 days.actually i sent them an email to expedite as we will be going o Niagara falls and we can do stamping

Fel

Aug 28, 2015
Hi guys ,

Just got an email from CIC that my mom file is finalized and they are sending PR by mail back.
It took only one day for CIC Ottawa to issue PR.

Moudgill

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hi did any march sponsorship approval received any update or any medical request as i am waiting also but no updates. Mar 17-16 received email as parents sponsorship approval but status still showing application receive. Wait wait and wait file transfer in Ottawa office

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2014 Doc's request for reassessment: March 2016
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 6, 2016 PCC & Doc's request: August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Request
August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
February 19, 2018, Passports Submitted: February 22, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
February 28, 2018, Received: March 5, 2018
after sponsorship approval, if I want to order GCMS notes, do I need to order on behalf of principal applicant or can I also order as a sponsor?
will the information included in the gcms notes be different depending on who is ordering the notes?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
psAug2010 said:
after sponsorship approval, if I want to order GCMS notes, do I need to order on behalf of principal applicant or can I also order as a sponsor?
will the information included in the gcms notes be different depending on who is ordering the notes?
You will need to get the consent of the principal applicant if you want to see the notes following sponsorship approval.
Otherwise the principal applicant can apply for the gcms notes also if they are in Canada.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
bmm said:
Got passport back...landing done at rainbow bridge...it was so smooth
Congrats.
Did you drive into US side and immediately return back into Canada.
How long was the wait to get across into US. how much time did it take at the border crossing on both sides.

All the best.

bmm

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
yeah .. i didn't enter in to U.S. just left turn from border.they will give you one letter.didn't even park my car.no waiting at any of the border.all it took is 20 mins including both border and stamping.thats why i choose weekdays because weekend they have hours of waiting .

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2014 Doc's request for reassessment: March 2016
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 6, 2016 PCC & Doc's request: August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Request
August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
February 19, 2018, Passports Submitted: February 22, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
February 28, 2018, Received: March 5, 2018
Theanmoli said:
Thank you all for your response. I will send an email with the copy of the medical done.
Hi Theanmoli,

can you please share with me the status of your application?
Our visa office is also Colombo.

Thanks.

Fel

Aug 28, 2015
hi bmm,
Did you enter to Immigration office in Canadian side or custom officer has stamp the POPR ?

bmm said:
yeah .. i didn't enter in to U.S. just left turn from border.they will give you one letter.didn't even park my car.no waiting at any of the border.all it took is 20 mins including both border and stamping.thats why i choose weekdays because weekend they have hours of waiting .

Moudgill

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Did any one March SA received any update or medical request from Ottawa office as waiting for my parents file.
It was Nov 2010 file case and still waiting for update as last update was 17 March when rec SA and now thinking it might be medical. File transfer to Ottawa office

Macintosh

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Moudgill said:
Did any one March SA received any update or medical request from Ottawa office as waiting for my parents file.
It was Nov 2010 file case and still waiting for update as last update was 17 March when rec SA and now thinking it might be medical. File transfer to Ottawa office

Why there is a bit of a delay in your case?
When most cases have been getting Passport requests from November 2010.

Moudgill

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
as grace of CIC as from Aug 2013 till Dec 2015 they put the file in closed status by mistake and my file reopened after MP inquiry and investigation in the case and they found its their office error and now instead of expedite my case they r doing as normal process and treat me from Dec 2015

vic_guy3

Jul 7, 2013
I am sponsoring my parents who live in Pakistan and here is the timeline:

Visa office: London, UK

We received your application for permanent residence on May 11, 2010.
We started processing your application on Sept 30, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

My parents were asked to provide police certificates from country of citizenship (Pakistan) and Canada (they visited Canada), all these certificates were provided and mailed to London office.

1 month after they received police certificates, status changed from "In process" to Decision made". I paid the Permanent resident fee about 1 year ago.

My question is: what is the next step?

1) Would my parents receive an email asking for passports (assuming if it approved)
2) Would they receive something in the mail?
3) How long is the immigrant visa valid for? 6 months or 1 year?

Thank you