29-10-2014
File Transfer...
09-11-2015
Med's Request
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2015
soonihope said:
I doubt it would make much difference. Hopefully we will all get visas before cases from 2014 will as we have been waiting 5-6 years in the queue.

We are almost at the end of this long process and just need to hang on for a while longer. I know it's tough, I was very disappointed when nothing was happening on my file last year between Jan and Dec, so I understand how you feel.
original file date: 7 Dec 2009
Sponsor approved: 9 Nov 2015

medical request: 16 nov 2015
medical sent : 18 nov 2015
additional medical request: 30 nov 2015
additional medical sent : 7 Dec 2015
other documents sent: police clearance, updated cic forms, marriage certificate, relationship with sponsor, original study certificate and birth certificate
now waiting for passport submit.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
harjahluwalia said:
original file date: 7 Dec 2009
Sponsor approved: 9 Nov 2015

medical request: 16 nov 2015
medical sent : 18 nov 2015
additional medical request: 30 nov 2015
additional medical sent : 7 Dec 2015
other documents sent: police clearance, updated cic forms, marriage certificate, relationship with sponsor, original study certificate and birth certificate
now waiting for passport submit.
I thought you said you received email for passport request already on Jan 11 2016.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
soonihope said:
I thought you said you received email for passport request already on Jan 11 2016.
I think he received the request on Jan 11, but hasn't submitted the passport(s) yet.

soonihope said:
I doubt it would make much difference. Hopefully we will all get visas before cases from 2014 will as we have been waiting 5-6 years in the queue.

We are almost at the end of this long process and just need to hang on for a while longer. I know it's tough, I was very disappointed when nothing was happening on my file last year between Jan and Dec, so I understand how you feel.
It seems to me that CIC works with PGP cases mostly from November to February (4 months). They don't tend to do much for the rest of the year.

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
soonihope said:

So how are you feeling now?? I am feeling pretty pi**ed off because I have no idea whats going on??

There is no process whatsoever.......

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
neemann said:
So how are you feeling now?? I am feeling pretty pi**ed off because I have no idea whats going on??

May be we should call immigration minster. Alway good to raise a voice

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Cgill said:
May be we should call immigration minster. Alway good to raise a voice
Let's come up with content we all should try to call

mhfiroz1967

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
fam pgp
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16july2010
Doc's Request.
30august2014
AOR Received.
29 august 2014
File Transfer...
21march2015
Med's Request
24june2015
Med's Done....
14july2015
Interview........
Decision made
Passport Req..
04th Feb'2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi all
We are 2010 applicant.after sponsorship aprove on21 march 2015 file transfer to Singapore vo as we are Bangladesh citizens. Sng. Vo sent email to us requesting on 26 june 2015 for medical and deposit RPRF fee against parents and one dependent daughter. Accordingly we complited our medical on 14th july2015 and deposited RPRF fee by our sponsor in canada. After that our ecas changed to medical received and Decision made on 30th july2015. After that No PPR or Any decision letter from cic.gc.ca or LVO Singapore.
Now we are playing with waiting game ??
Mhfiroz1967
Bangladesh.

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
kabir2015 said:
why they starts working on next files before giving us visas
this is very disappointed .
don't know how they work . our file was applied july 2010
and still waiting for visa .
hey kabir make a whtsapp group for newdelhi applicant who waiting for passport req.u already have my no.

kabir2015

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Punjab (India)
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014 Resubmitted ( 15-01-2015)
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
File Transfer...
and sponsership approval 09-09-2015
Med's Request
upfront 09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
eric leon said:
hey kabir make a whtsapp group for newdelhi applicant who waiting for passport req.u already have my no.
I already have a group of parents sponshership applicants 2010
I will add you in that group .
anybody else from New Delhi visa office can also join us

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
neemann said:

Oh I feel like I have absolutely no idea how the entire immigration process works and that we have to just rely on pure luck to get through this.

While I'm pleased that 2014 cases are being worked on, where is the fairness in the system if people from 2010 and 2011 have not received sponsorship approval. I think more people will be annoyed if 2014 cases receive visas and pre Nov 2011 cases are still pending.

I hope it doesn't come to that and I think even these approved cases from 2014 will still go to the bottom of the visa issue pile, but only time will tell as you can assume nothing with cic these days.

Fairness of procedure would mean all 2010-2011 cases are issued visas before any 2014 visas.
The question is will the system remain fair and deliver i.e first in first out.

Tobbie

Jan 29, 2016
Hi im new here. My mother and I as a dependant was applied a sponsorship nov 2011, got additional doc request last july 2015. Submitted additional docs oct. 2015 along with an upfront medical exam, coz she told us it is needed already and we havent got any clue about that so we did it. Our application was returned this january 2016 and its says its incomplete (my sister did not elaborate the reason but it seems some documents were lacking on their part) and was sent back to cpc missisauga this january 2016 together with the lacking documents.

Question 1, is it alright to do the upfront medical exam without their request? Does it have any bearing with the process? Will it delay or make it faster?

Question 2, anyone has an insight as to how long does it take for us to get an update with our sponsorship application?

Cant view our ecas coz my sister is so stubborn and she insist on what she thinks. She is hard to deal with. So we dont have any clue or whatsoever with our application.
Thanks so much for your help.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
soonihope said:
Oh I feel like I have absolutely no idea how the entire immigration process works and that we have to just rely on pure luck to get through this.

While I'm pleased that 2014 cases are being worked on, where is the fairness in the system if people from 2010 and 2011 have not received sponsorship approval. I think more people will be annoyed if 2014 cases receive visas and pre Nov 2011 cases are still pending.

I hope it doesn't come to that and I think even these approved cases from 2014 will still go to the bottom of the visa issue pile, but only time will tell as you can assume nothing with cic these days.

Fairness of procedure would mean all 2010-2011 cases are issued visas before any 2014 visas.
The question is will the system remain fair and deliver i.e first in first out.
soonihope,

You know I'm a fan of your posts especially re: PGP. I also understand your frustration. Even more, I want CIC to play a fair game meaning they stick to FIFO. However I cannot agree with the bold text from your post.

Not ALL cases can be completed. PR Visa is issued at LVO and we all know each LVO works differently. At any stage, LVO can ask for additional forms/docs and if the applicant cannot produce within a time-frame, post-2011 applicants shouldn't suffer for this. CPC-M should have finalized ALL 2009-11 cases before they even look at 2014 files. Once they ship out to LVO, they could move forward with 2014 files.

At the end, both CPC-M and LVO should follow FIFO on all cases (except the ones that's delayed by the sponsor/PR applicant or delayed by CIC for special background clearance).

:)

harjahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2009
Doc's Request.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
09-11-2015
Med's Request
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2015
got a email 29/01/2016 from dehli visa office for 2 times FURTHERANCE REQUEST LETTER – Medical.

PS2011

Aug 12, 2015
I am going to write to my MP, and the Immigration Minister's office that it's unfair how CIC is approving sponsorship applications of people who applied in January, 2014 and will demand an explanation how they justify this practice. I urge everyone to do the same and put pressure on CIC. If they keep transferring 2014 applications to LVO's, they will be ahead of us when ours get transferred to LVO's, and we will get extra years of delay due to this injustice. Immigration minister had made it clear that all applications received up to November, 2011 will be processed before 2014 applications. What is going on here??

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Rossei said:
soonihope,

You know I'm a fan of your posts especially re: PGP. I also understand your frustration. Even more, I want CIC to play a fair game meaning they stick to FIFO. However I cannot agree with the bold text from your post.

At the end, both CPC-M and LVO should follow FIFO on all cases (except the ones that's delayed by the sponsor/PR applicant or delayed by CIC for special background clearance).

:)
Firstly I'm flattered by your kind words.

Regarding FIFO, I agree 100% with you regarding delays due to the applicant not providing additional documents or medical tests and hence delay in visa issue. I have no problem with that situation.

However these types of applicants make up a very small percentage of people. My concern is that on this thread I know of people who have submitted additional documents back in Sept-Oct 2014 and are still to receive sponsorship approval. All that has happened is either they got married or had a child so family size has changed. They have provided the additional documents promptly but are still waiting.
Now does it really take an additional 12 months to verify the size of family against the income on the option c printout/NOA from a printed LICO table. That is unfair to these applicants.

Then take the case of all the May 2011-Nov 2011 cases. None have received sponsorship approval on that thread. Not a single person yet. How can that be justified in procedural fairness. Nearly 5 years those applicants have waited. I feel happy for the movement on the 2014 cases but how would any of the 2014 applicants feel if even a single 2016 case jumped ahead.

I myself am almost at the end of the long tedious journey but know first hand how the last 5 years have passed by slowly, especially since 2014 when our additional document request came.
I myself waited almost a year between sponsorship approval and medical request. Checking my email hoping for something everyday hoping today would be the day.When that medical request arrived it was like conquering a mountain. Now the same wait goes on for the passport request and I know for everyone that is the day we all anticipate will come soon.

During these last few years I have seen and read posts of some who have lost a parent in the process waiting to be reunited. It breaks my heart when I've read those post. The system has already been changed. Now there is a cap so why not just speed up the processing of those in the system and issue the visas. The people already in the backlog are going to be a burden if not this year then next year. I know many argue they drain medical care etc.. But if they are in the queue unless the govt is hoping more parents pass away while waiting for their case to be processed then why not speed up the processing.

If it boils down to funding how many applicants would mind paying the additional cost to process their case. Citizenship fees went up and processing times came down. The same could work for PGP applications plus the only people who need to contribute are the applicants themselves so no additional burden on the other taxpayers of Canada.