+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

mehul1568

Jan 5, 2015
my time line is;

applied dec - 2010
resubmitted all docs in Feb 2015
got approval in Mar 2015 then ask for RPRF fee in July and in Aug 22 get medical email.

kabir2015

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Punjab (India)
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014 Resubmitted ( 15-01-2015)
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
File Transfer...
and sponsership approval 09-09-2015
Med's Request
upfront 09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
mehul1568 said:
my time line is;

applied dec - 2010
resubmitted all docs in Feb 2015
got approval in Mar 2015 then ask for RPRF fee in July and in Aug 22 get medical email.
I also resubmit all doc on 15 jan 2015 got AOR on 8 April 2015
noting yet ..
which is ur visa office ?
and do you get upfront medical or regular medical ??
thank u

lakha

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
hi,
I applied for notes a week ago by mail and I sent a check along with as a fee. how do you know that they receive the request. I check my account summary, they did not pick up the money from my account. how can I find it that they receive it or do they notify once they got it or not. please someone ans. thanks

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
Hi Guys,

My parents are flying to Canada in 2 weeks on regular visitor visa (NOT Supervisa), I am expecting their immigration passport request to come in 2-3 months while my parents are in Canada. I hope they don't have to go back again just for passport stamping.

Does anyone know if my parents can submit their passports in Canada while they are here on regular visitor visa ?

Please advice and share your experience.

Regards

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
Hi Guys,

My parents are flying to Canada in 2 weeks on regular visitor visa (NOT Supervisa), I am expecting their passport request to come in 2-3 months while my parents are in Canada. I hope they don't have to go back again just for passport stamping.

Does anyone know if my parents can submit their passports in Canada while they are here on regular visitor visa ?

Regards

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
Hi Guys,

Can someone please share/post the contents of the email for Passport request from CIC? I would like to know what options do we have as where to submit the passports if not your home country.

Thanks

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
soonihope said:
You can order gcms notes from the link below. gcms stands for global case management system.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

It will take 30 days to get.
Hey as we missed pur medical email which was sent to us on 31st March as we didnt reciece it cic sent us an emial sent us email requestiong for additonal documents on 23rd July 2015 we have sent both medical and ourbdocuments to them when canwe recieve our passport request? Please let me know

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
JJ1982 said:
Hello everyone!

I sponsored my Father with his dependents. Today he received a passeport request to submitt his passports for visa stamping. My father lives in Algeria. However, his two dependents study and live in Canada. The instruction letter states few options on how and to where to submitt the passeports. Option 1 states where to send the passport if principal resides in Algeria. Option 2 states that if principal and dependents reside in Canada to sent to Ottawa. The issue is, my dad is in Algeria, but dependeds are in canada (Did not see this option)
I am wondering if the two dependents need to submitt to Algeria or send to ottawa since they reside in Canada.

My other question, would they need to leave Canada and Land?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.
JJ1982
Hi JJ1982,

You all need to submit your passports to the LVO processing your application which I think is the same as where your father lives. The dependents can courier their passports to your dad who in turn will submit all of them to the LVO.

My dad's case is a bit similar but the opposite. He's here in canada while the dependents are back home & another one in Dubai. They can only submit in Ottawa if ALL of them are in canada which is not the case.

Once they get their PR visa, those in canada don't need to leave. They now give the option to make an appointment to the nearest CIC office. But exiting in the US is okay too and quick and no need for appointment so we opted to just cross the border so my dad & step mom can get their landed status. The other dependent are scheduled to come by September.

Hope that answer your questions. Regards.

big2can

Jan 30, 2015
Just to finish my parents' case statistic:

Passports submitted to Ottawa: August 13, 2015
Passports received back with visas: August 20, 2015
Landed at a border: August 25, 2015.

5 years of waiting is over. Good luck to you all.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
nitinbali60 said:
Hi Guys,

My parents are flying to Canada in 2 weeks on regular visitor visa (NOT Supervisa), I am expecting their passport request to come in 2-3 months while my parents are in Canada. I hope they don't have to go back again just for passport stamping.

Regards
Hi nitinbali60. If your parents are here in canada or will be by the time of PPR, they can send their PP to the LVO via courier unless they're from country like India which do not allow transporting passport other than by the owner.

But on another hand, CIC also gives an option to submit the PP to Ottawa if ALL applicant including spouse and/or dependents are here in Canada.

So depending on your parents situation, if they do not have dependents in the application which means ALL is just the two of them, then they may submit their PP in Ottawa.

huntkey

Apr 27, 2014
Applied in July 2010, resubmitted all the documents April 2015.. Still waiting. Online application status shows "in process" for sponsorship and "application received" for immigration application.. How much longer will it take roughly...? I guess that I am (and also my parents) are patient however we are anxious whether anything would go wrong...

Seddiq

Jul 24, 2015
Hey guys. I a dependent over 22, currently doing masters. I have done bds n then one year house job. Yesterday we got a letter asking regarding me not being a dependent according to them, and asked about proof of me being a full time student. So is doing masters considered a full time student?!? And does one year housejob (internship) makes me not a dependent?!? Please answer seniors.

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
Seddiq said:
Hey guys. I a dependent over 22, currently doing masters. I have done bds n then one year house job. Yesterday we got a letter asking regarding me not being a dependent according to them, and asked about proof of me being a full time student. So is doing masters considered a full time student?!? And does one year housejob (internship) makes me not a dependent?!? Please answer seniors.
so r u over 22 at the time of application? wht is ur current age? u doing masters in same fileld like bds?

Seddiq

Jul 24, 2015
eric leon said:
so r u over 22 at the time of application? wht is ur current age? u doing masters in same fileld like bds?
No i was 22 at the time of application. Im doing MPH (masters in public health) now.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
Seddiq said:
Hi Seddiq. What exactly are their words when they asked regarding you not being dependent?
If you are below 22 at the time of sponsorship applic, then you're type A.

IMHO, what you need to show them you are dependent is to explain that you are Type A at the time of sponsorship application. Tell them the reference (in a humble and not instructive way) the sections in the IRPA/or OPs that state your dependency situation at the time of application, lock in age and transition benefits that you qualify for.

Just to share my dad's experience to encourage your situation, one of the dependents is now 24 but was type A during the sponsorship. Not only he did not continue schooling, he is also already working, plus he is living abroad where he works and all these was declared. What I did to support his application was --- at the time that cic asked for additional documents, I already included explanation why he is Type A dependant, and as such proofs of continues schooling, etc that are for type B dependents do not apply to him (humbly explained). By God's grace, he now got his PR visa. Hopefully you will too!

Best regards.