Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
lakha said:
Hi.
My parents medical got done on 20june, but they didn't update the status yet. Is that ok, my other relative got the email within one week and they said to go through some more tests. I just want to makesure that my parents medical is cleared and how can I find this. Please someone reply. Thanks
it can take upto 3 months to update medicals, after that you can contact visa office. hope this helps.
to30

mehuls

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2014 (Submitted Nov 2014)
AOR Received.
Mar 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 2015
Med's Request
Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Passport Req..
Apr 2016
usman_14pk said:
Got approval Yesterday and now file has been transferred to Ottawa. Need to submit the upfront medicals as per the approval letter received.

Next steps other than patience :) ?
Can you please share your timeline as you said you got Approval yesterday and file has been transferred? Thanks!

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
mehuls said:
Can you please share your timeline as you said you got Approval yesterday and file has been transferred? Thanks!
Applied: SEP 2010 with one dependent
Documents Request: 8th August 2014
AOR: 3rd March 2015
Approval and file transferred to Ottawa: 20th July 2015

VCM

Mar 31, 2015
the email of asking for passport was recalled, does anyone have any idea?

replied the CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca
but the automatic response is saying 20 days, is there any other way I can try?

ps: called CIC, representative said that I have to wait for further notice.

hopeful08

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-7-2014
AOR Received.
10-7-2015
File Transfer...
12-8-2015 Manila
Med's Request
19-8-2015
Med's Done....
08-9-2015
Passport Req..
19-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-9-2015
LANDED..........
soonihope said:
AOR is a letter which acknowledges your documents and forms which you sent to CIC and says your file is in the processing line and that everything is complete.
Thank you very much! Is it sent through email or by post?

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
usman_14pk said:
Applied: SEP 2010 with one dependent
Documents Request: 8th August 2014
AOR: 3rd March 2015
Approval and file transferred to Ottawa: 20th July 2015
hi usman.do u received approval through email or In a mail? and is ur e case sattus change also.

ScaredSponsor

Jul 21, 2015
Hi! I am a little confused about the timelines for Family Sponsorship from Port of Spain and would appreciate it if someone could help me out a little.

My husband sponsored his mom in August 2010 (prior to us being married), and according to the CIC website the processing time is approximately 10 years. 50 months in Canada and 73 months in Port of Spain. Is this accurate?

On May 28th, 2015 we received a notice that our sponsorship application had been approved in Canada and the file was being moved to Port of Spain for the next step in assessing the permanent residence applicant. My MIL was sent a letter in June asking her to do her medical. She did it immediately. On July 6th she was sent a letter requesting her passport. Does that mean that her application for permanent residence has been approved? Is it possible that the processing time in Port of Spain was only 1 month and not the 73 months that are listed on the website? That is a really big difference!

I would appreciate some guidance! Thank you.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
eric leon said:
hi usman.do u received approval through email or In a mail? and is ur e case sattus change also.
Through email. It's written in the letter that they can send it either way (mail or email) but not both. So now I will not get the paper copy of that letter. I didn't checked the online status. It's here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas right?

ambreenk

Aug 6, 2014
Hi there,

I applied for my father's immigration back in 2010. Last year CIC asked me to send additional documents for my application (second step of the process) Last year I moved to the US with my husband for work purposes. When I sent back the documents, as per a CIC agent I wrote a lteer to them explaining that how I had moved to the US temporarily and it was my intention to return back to Canada once my father's immigration application is completed.

Just yesterday I received a letter where they said that they found me "ineligible to sponsor' because I am not residing in Canada at the time of filing the application.

I called CIC today and explained to them my situation and that I had stayed in Canada since filing the application in 2010. But they said that I should now contact the London office and prove that I will be returning to Canada soon.

Can anyone help me out on this? I can send them stuff like H1B visa validity etc. but I still think it is v unfair that after 5 years they have decided to declare me ineligible.

Please help.

ambreenk

Aug 6, 2014
2010applicant said:
anybody else who applied in 2010 for parents sponsorship would like to share their timeline and experience? Also if they have any question are welcome.
Hi there,

I applied for my father's immigration back in 2010. Last year CIC asked me to send additional documents for my application (second step of the process) Last year I moved to the US with my husband for work purposes. When I sent back the documents, as per a CIC agent I wrote a lteer to them explaining that how I had moved to the US temporarily and it was my intention to return back to Canada once my father's immigration application is completed.

Just yesterday I received a letter where they said that they found me "ineligible to sponsor' because I am not residing in Canada at the time of filing the application.

I called CIC today and explained to them my situation and that I had stayed in Canada since filing the application in 2010. But they said that I should now contact the London office and prove that I will be returning to Canada soon.

Can anyone help me out on this? I can send them stuff like H1B visa validity etc. but I still think it is v unfair that after 5 years they have decided to declare me ineligible.

Please help.

koolguyz128

Jan 29, 2015
Hi Mehul

Congrats for your approval. I do have similar timeline as i applied for my parents in Sep 2010 and got the AOR on March 27 2015 dated March 20 th 2015 . So the question is that dd u get the letter for file transfer? and did the application status changed at same time? As i havent received any notification till yet and neither my status had changed. It still says Application received.

amar_bhatia

May 17, 2012
All,
We applied in JUl2010 and received AOR 2 weeks back and our file was transferred to Delhi. Now Delhi office sent an email asking for IMM008, schedule A etc which we had already submitted in Nov 2014. Do we need to submit these again? We received a medical request too which we will go ahead and complete but I am confused about whether we need to fill and send these forms again.

Thanks
Amardeep

jassyjeff

May 24, 2015
amar_bhatia said:
All,
We applied in JUl2010 and received AOR 2 weeks back and our file was transferred to Delhi. Now Delhi office sent an email asking for IMM008, schedule A etc which we had already submitted in Nov 2014. Do we need to submit these again? We received a medical request too which we will go ahead and complete but I am confused about whether we need to fill and send these forms again.

Thanks
Amardeep
You need to fill the forms out again and send them back asap. They are checking to make sure nothing has changed since last time you filled out the forms.

amitP

Jan 8, 2015
Update- I checked online status and it states Decision Made(it says decision on your application have been made and you will be notified about the decision)
Medical was done in May(22nd). no PP request as of yet? hoping to get it soon.