+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

dattap

Jul 31, 2014
nitinbali60 said:
Hey Guys,

Another hurdle in the case.

Today I received an email from CIC asking for FBI clearance certificate for my parents within 90 days. My parents have visited USA 3 times in last 5 year but only stayed between 1-2 months each visit. Why are they asking for FBI certificate if they haven't stayed more than 6 months in USA ?

On top of this they are providing 90 days for this but are also advising it could take 16-18 weeks to obtain FBI clearance certificate. Doesn't make sense. Any advice or experience is highly appreciated. Can I call them and challenge this as they never stayed for over 2 months in USA in each visit?

This is what the email reads:

Dear .............

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Primary Applicant Name

> FBI Clearance: Please provide an original FBI clearance Certificate. Information on obtaining this document may be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp.
Once on the FBI Website please select the Option 1: Submit your request directly to the FBI.

Dependent Applicant

> FBI Clearance: Please provide an original FBI clearance Certificate. Information on obtaining this document may be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp.
Once on the FBI Website please select the Option 1: Submit your request directly to the FBI.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Processing times are normally between 16 and 18 weeks. The FBI will send you a letter with the results of their record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file. All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted by our office.

FBI certificates must be provided within 90 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal and/or delay of your application.

Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

If we have asked you to send us several documents, you are required to submit all the documents together. Do not send documents one at a time. You should include your name and file number (which is indicated in the subject line) in all your correspondence.

We do not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. If you send mail by courier to our office and you want to ensure that it has arrived, please check with the courier company. We will not respond to enquiries asking to confirm receipt of documents/emails/ information.

If you are unable to submit the requested document(s) within the timeframe given, you must notify our office before the due date ¬and you must provide an explanation as to why you are unable to submit the documents within the given timeframe.

If you do not answer all questions and provide all the documents requested, this will cause delays in the processing of your application. If a question does not apply to you please write 'N/A' or 'Not Applicable.' Do not leave the answer blank. You must answer all questions in English or French.

It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O) – Family Reunification Unit
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada
Fax: (613) 946-6059
CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca
I got he exact sdame email and have the exact same situation. I emailed them explaining thatthey didnt stay for more than 6 months and to advise if its still neccessary. But the in the meanwhile i took fingerprints and send to FBI pfor processing in case they still ask

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
dattap said:
I got he exact sdame email and have the exact same situation. I emailed them explaining thatthey didnt stay for more than 6 months and to advise if its still neccessary. But the in the meanwhile i took fingerprints and send to FBI pfor processing in case they still ask
I am wondering if its a mistake on Visa officers behalf that he couldn't calculate the period of their stay in USA or regardless he needs FBI clearance because they visited frequently to USA even if for small periods.

I am also going to reply back to that email with details of their travel to USA, the total of 5 visits in last 8 years is less than 6 months. Lets see if the email makes difference but I will also start the process to obtain FBI clearance. This is just going to delay the case by few months.

Did you get any reply for your email you sent?
If in India, where did your parents go for fingerprint scanning required for FBI clearance?

Thanks

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
patel007 said:
Hi,
Please add me on the Time Line.
Application date : June 2010
Doc Request: July 2014
AOR: Feb 2015
Approval Date: MAY 28 2015 (File Transferred to New Delhi)
Dependents on the file.
Thanks and Good luck to all.
what is the date on ur aor letter.I know its feb but m asking exact date?

Kaban

Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-26-2010
Doc's Request.
07-30-2014
AOR Received.
12-30-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2015 Ottawa
Med's Request
06-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-25-2015
Passport Req..
07/15/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/30/2015
LANDED..........
10/5/2015 tentative
Hi Everyone,

My sponsorship application was approved on March 2, 20115 and file transferred to Ottawa.
Application for Permanent residence is in process. It says "we have started processing your application on May 15th, 2015"......but no medical request yet. Could i possibly miss it somehow? Don't remember getting an email....how do i check if medical request has been sent?

My wife just received medical request for her parents. She has the same timeline as me. However, her online status has not been updated. Not sure what to think....

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Notley said:
Dear Jelani ji
Kindly update my timeline as under
1. Application submitted (Father Only) Oct 2010
2. Additional doc received by cic Nov 2014
3. Additional IMM 1134A 16Feb 2015
4. Sponsor app & file transfer London 23.02.2015
5. Med request & ecase in process 15.05.2015
6. Med done 25.05.2015
7. Penal Doctor uploaded emed 08.06.2015
8. Med received as per ecase(in process) 15.06.2015
Hi Jeleni Ji
Thnx for putting my timeline in spreadsheet. Since ecas shows medical received & on today it also shows in process so kindly also add 16.6.2015 in inprocess col Thnx

dattap

Jul 31, 2014
nitinbali60 said:
I am wondering if its a mistake on Visa officers behalf that he couldn't calculate the period of their stay in USA or regardless he needs FBI clearance because they visited frequently to USA even if for small periods.

I am also going to reply back to that email with details of their travel to USA, the total of 5 visits in last 8 years is less than 6 months. Lets see if the email makes difference but I will also start the process to obtain FBI clearance. This is just going to delay the case by few months.

Did you get any reply for your email you sent?
If in India, where did your parents go for fingerprint scanning required for FBI clearance?

Thanks

No email back.. usually police stations will do it for u

Rana93

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
App. Filed.......
May 2022
what will happen if current mailing address and home
address are same in online status....first it is different...but
from today it shows same.

Kaban

Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-26-2010
Doc's Request.
07-30-2014
AOR Received.
12-30-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2015 Ottawa
Med's Request
06-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-25-2015
Passport Req..
07/15/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/30/2015
LANDED..........
10/5/2015 tentative
Kaban said:
Hi Everyone,

My sponsorship application was approved on March 2, 20115 and file transferred to Ottawa.
Application for Permanent residence is in process. It says "we have started processing your application on May 15th, 2015"......but no medical request yet. Could i possibly miss it somehow? Don't remember getting an email....how do i check if medical request has been sent?

My wife just received medical request for her parents. She has the same timeline as me. However, her online status has not been updated. Not sure what to think....
This is to update my earlier post. I called Call Centre today and the rep advised me that the med request was mailed on June 6. It was mailed to the old email that no longer exists. Even though i have updated it in the system with the new one and called to confirm they still emailed the form to the wrong address. Soonihope, did you call them? May be same issue?
Now i have to wait for the request to come through regular mail. Do you think my Mom could book the appointment and do the medicals right now or do i have to wait for the actual form? Thank you!

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
Kaban said:
This is to update my earlier post. I called Call Centre today and the rep advised me that the med request was mailed on June 6. It was mailed to the old email that no longer exists. Even though i have updated it in the system with the new one and called to confirm they still emailed the form to the wrong address. Soonihope, did you call them? May be same issue?
Now i have to wait for the request to come through regular mail. Do you think my Mom could book the appointment and do the medicals right now or do i have to wait for the actual form? Thank you!
Its been 7 months and no request for medical should I call them? Our office is LVO and 3 dependents on our file

Kaban

Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-26-2010
Doc's Request.
07-30-2014
AOR Received.
12-30-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2015 Ottawa
Med's Request
06-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-25-2015
Passport Req..
07/15/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/30/2015
LANDED..........
10/5/2015 tentative
sundusk said:
Its been 7 months and no request for medical should I call them? Our office is LVO and 3 dependents on our file
yeah, call them and ask for update. It won't hurt. Call regular call centre @ 1-888-242-2100 not LVO. They have all the information regarding the file. The rep I talked to was pretty nice; eagerly provided all the info.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
Just want to share an awesome news, just got PPR (dated June 17).
Also including this message "Your visa(s) for permanent residence to Canada is/are ready to be issued, conditional to a final admissibility review by an immigration officer"

Thank God!!!

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
first_generation said:
Also including this message "Your visa(s) for permanent residence to Canada is/are ready to be issued, conditional to a final admissibility review by an immigration officer"

Thank God!!!
This is great . Many congtatulations so happy for you :) Best of luck fo your future and please pray for our medicals :(

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
first_generation said:

Thank God!!!
is ur dependent under 22 at the time of application? wht they doing in present means study or working? is cic asked for education document after approval? plz answer and congrtss to u :)

singh702

Dec 11, 2014
pta ni
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 march 2011
Doc's Request.
31 july 2014
AOR Received.
6 december 2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
26 feb 2015
Med's Request
25 april 2015
Med's Done....
15 may 2015
Interview........
...... in process on 6 june 2015
Passport Req..
......waiting
VISA ISSUED...
.......waiting
LANDED..........
.....pta ni kdo
after submitting passport how much time new delhi visa office takes to issue visa.....plz tell someone plz.....

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
eric leon said:
is ur dependent under 22 at the time of application? wht they doing in present means study or working? is cic asked for education document after approval? plz answer and congrtss to u :)
The eldest of the 3 dependents was 19 then now 24 and working overseas. They did not ask for proof of schooling or support .