+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

bangbangkhan

May 28, 2015
why are files being transferred to Ottawa? shouldn't they be going to the local visa office? or can people request to have them processed here rather than other places?

luckyk555

Aug 1, 2014
Thank you Jeleni,

It is my email address on IMM008 when they asked for the e mail where they told will contact only thorough e mail.Yes i remember i sent 2 self address envelopes of my parents address of back home.
I tried calling CIC rep and they said wait 72 months and then i can call them,Hopefully i am waiting for the medicals to arrive as soon as possible,pray god for everyone.

cristhel.fernandez

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
jeleni said:
Hi christel,

Didn't you give any email address to CIC for all your communications? Most likely it is a positive letter, a sponsorship approval and you'll get to know what local office it will be transferred.

My mom's initial medical costs her almost 5k pesos and additional 8k pesos for further tests.

God bless our applications.
Hi Jeleni,

I gave my email address but it is still going by physical mail. but that's fine. thanks for your advise. it makes a lot of sense.
I'm still waiting for the mail. just so excited to see what it states.

Is CIC mailing the medical request to my parents in the Philippines or I also get that letter?

crossing my finger and hoping for best results.

regards,
Cristhel

cristhel.fernandez

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
in progress said:
TB is definitely something your mother will need to declare when the Doctor interviews her. It WILL show up on the chest X-Ray, which is a mandatory part of the medical examination, and she will be asked to get more tests done to confirm the diagnosis. If they find out she knew about it and was trying to hide it, CIC may consider it misrepresentation and deem your mother inadmissible to Canada on that basis.

I actually don't know what the policy is regarding active TB, but I'm assuming that once she can prove she is clear of infection, she can pass the medical. This must be so stressful for you and your family, best of luck!!
Thanks! I will remember that. I will keep you all posted.

kaitmhia

Nov 27, 2013
Hi Jeleni,

I received the medicals yesterday but only medicals. I did not get anything mentioning PCC. I did not send this when they asked for additional docs. Should i send it anyway or wait til passport request? Would they ask for it when they ask for passport?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
kaitmhia said:
Hi Jeleni,

I received the medicals yesterday but only medicals. I did not get anything mentioning PCC. I did not send this when they asked for additional docs. Should i send it anyway or wait til passport request? Would they ask for it when they ask for passport?
Congrats I don't see any harm in sending PCC now. If you do then hopefully just PPR will be left for you.

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
kaitmhia said:
Hi Jeleni,

Hi kaitmhia,

I didn't receive PCC request either during the medical request. But i already submitted my mom's PCC from our country with the update letter in July 2014. As soonihope said, we see no harm in submitting it now. Just don't forget to indicate your parent's UCI number as reference and send it to Ottawa where your file is being processed.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Jeleni could you correct the visa office for never say never on the spreadsheet. His office is N.Delhi not Ottawa.
Thanks

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
soonihope said:
Jeleni could you correct the visa office for never say never on the spreadsheet. His office is N.Delhi not Ottawa.
Thanks
soonihope,

Done!

I hope you'll get your medical request soon.

gaur84

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Hi Guys,
I'm reposting this..appreciate if someone can reply..
my parents ecas status has now changed to Decision Made. last week it was on medical results received.
does that update that fast and it means someone will be contacting us shortly regarding next steps?

Here is what ecas is showing now:
We received your application for permanent residence on ......

We started processing your application on May 11, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
gaur84 said:
Hi Guys,
I'm reposting this..appreciate if someone can reply..
my parents ecas status has now changed to Decision Made. last week it was on medical results received.
does that update that fast and it means someone will be contacting us shortly regarding next steps?

Here is what ecas is showing now:
We received your application for permanent residence on ......

We started processing your application on May 11, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Hi gaur84,

We really don't know how CIC works. Normally, we see passport request first before decision made (DM). But there are times also that DM comes first on ECAS before you receive a passport request. If you believe that there's nothing wrong with their medical results and background checks are all ok then passport request should be coming soon.

Personally, i think it's a positive decision. Let's hope for that :)

kaitmhia

Nov 27, 2013
soonihope said:
Thanks
Hi Jeleni,

Im just worried that they will ask for some paper from immigration. They might give my in laws a hard time because they didnt receive a formal letter. Would they?

cool_wind

Apr 11, 2015
Hi, I am new on this forum and re-posting this... some1 please reply.

Applied in 2010 for parent,
File moved to UK-LNDN in 2013
Medical done last month-

But ecas is not updated yet-Only one line is there
We received your application for PR on XXXXXXXX.

why is it not updated yet.Please advise if it is normal.

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
kaitmhia said:
Hi Jeleni,

Im just worried that they will ask for some paper from immigration. They might give my in laws a hard time because they didnt receive a formal letter. Would they?
Hi kaitmhia,

What some paper from immigration are you referring to? If it's PCC, it has nothing to do with the medical. If you receive the medical request in the email, there's a letter and a form attached to it and they just have to print all pages and bring it to the panel physician. The letter attached to it is the formal letter from CIC. No need to wait for the same letter from mail coz they already sent it thru email.

I hope that helps.