Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
cristhel.fernandez said:
Hi First_Gen and Jeleni,

My ECAS under sponsorship just change to Decision Made and it says they sent me a letter on May 28, 2015.
I am still waiting for the letter, hopefully this week it will come and praying it will be positive.

I hope you don't mind me asking how much is the cost for medical per person? there's my parents and my brother
under my application to sponsor.

Thank you so much and God bless!
Hi christel,

Didn't you give any email address to CIC for all your communications? Most likely it is a positive letter, a sponsorship approval and you'll get to know what local office it will be transferred.

My mom's initial medical costs her almost 5k pesos and additional 8k pesos for further tests.

God bless our applications.

cristhel.fernandez

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
eric leon said:
u giving me hope.congrts.u will get letter today or till friday for sure.tell me wht is date on ur aor letter.
Hi Eric Leon,
thanks. I hope you will get yours too.
got my AOR last February 2015 but the letter was actually dated January 16, 2015.

cristhel.fernandez

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
jeleni said:
Hi christel,

Didn't you give any email address to CIC for all your communications? Most likely it is a positive letter, a sponsorship approval and you'll get to know what local office it will be transferred.

My mom's initial medical costs her almost 5k pesos and additional 8k pesos for further tests.

God bless our applications.
Hi Jeleni,
I gave my email to CIC but for some reason, I always got it in the post. but I still do check my email and spam mails time to time. who knows what flavor CIC would go by month, right?
better be safe than sorry.

do you mind if I ask what was the further testing? It's ok if you don't want to talk about it.

thanks for all the information. this forum is really pretty great!

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
cristhel.fernandez said:
Hi Jeleni,
I gave my email to CIC but for some reason, I always got it in the post. but I still do check my email and spam mails time to time. who knows what flavor CIC would go by month, right?
better be safe than sorry.

do you mind if I ask what was the further testing? It's ok if you don't want to talk about it.

thanks for all the information. this forum is really pretty great!
My mom needs to do 3-day sputum tests coz she had a scar on her lungs since 1976. I hope after this test, she will be cleared by the panel physician.

cristhel.fernandez

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
jeleni said:
My mom needs to do 3-day sputum tests coz she had a scar on her lungs since 1976. I hope after this test, she will be cleared by the panel physician.
Thanks for sharing Jeleni. I'm almost in the same dilemma actually. maybe you can shed some light and others too.
So when I received the letter from CIC, how long will it take before they advise my parents to do the medical?
My concern is that, my mom was actually diagnose with TB this February 2015 and she has been on medication since then.
it will be ongoing for 6 months, which in her case will be until August 2015. Now, I am wondering that if they went for their medical
I am thinking should she be upfront telling the panel physician about her condition (e.g. bring family Doctor's note stating her ongoing medication)
or just go do the medical exam and see what the Doctor would later find out? I am in the sense of trying to weigh things out.

There's always something and I realized each one has a very good experience to share.
thanks always guys for being so helpful.

EverythingwillbeOK

Star Member
Aug 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014
File Transfer...
January 30, 2015
Med's Request
February 9, 2015
Med's Done....
February 12, 2015
Interview........
Current Status: In Process
MRS-VKP: Do you have update?

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
FishBurger said:
Is this a safe assumption that you will get a PPR within 3 months of medical request ?
I honestly am not sure. Hopefully within or even earlier. As with my husband's parents, Just a few days after the SA with MR, came the PPR. So depending on the officer, their docs are being processed at the same time.

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
cristhel.fernandez said:
Thanks for sharing Jeleni. I'm almost in the same dilemma actually. maybe you can shed some light and others too.
So when I received the letter from CIC, how long will it take before they advise my parents to do the medical?
My concern is that, my mom was actually diagnose with TB this February 2015 and she has been on medication since then.
it will be ongoing for 6 months, which in her case will be until August 2015. Now, I am wondering that if they went for their medical
I am thinking should she be upfront telling the panel physician about her condition (e.g. bring family Doctor's note stating her ongoing medication)
or just go do the medical exam and see what the Doctor would later find out? I am in the sense of trying to weigh things out.

There's always something and I realized each one has a very good experience to share.
Hi cristhel,

Based on our spreadsheet, members like everythingwillbeok and first_gen whose applications where transferred to Manila received medical request in less than 2 wks. First_gen's husband got his medical request same day of approval. So you can expect your mom's medical request maybe within this month.

Your mom needs to tell everything to the doctor. No hiding of information. She also has to bring all her reports and maybe her prescriptions so the physician knows she is already under medication. I dont know what the doctor would require for additional tests. But i would say after completing medication and further tests result to negative, she can still get that PR. I have a friend who undergone medication and got his PR after all the test found negative. Yes, there was a delay for i think more than 6 mos. but bottom line, he still got his PR.

in progress

Feb 2, 2015
cristhel.fernandez said:

TB is definitely something your mother will need to declare when the Doctor interviews her. It WILL show up on the chest X-Ray, which is a mandatory part of the medical examination, and she will be asked to get more tests done to confirm the diagnosis. If they find out she knew about it and was trying to hide it, CIC may consider it misrepresentation and deem your mother inadmissible to Canada on that basis.

I actually don't know what the policy is regarding active TB, but I'm assuming that once she can prove she is clear of infection, she can pass the medical. This must be so stressful for you and your family, best of luck!!

kaitmhia

Nov 27, 2013
Finally got my medical request today via email. Please update tracker. If medicals are submitted electronically, how should I sen my PCC. I did not receive about the PCC.

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
kaitmhia said:
Finally got my medical request today via email. Please update tracker. If medicals are submitted electronically, how should I sen my PCC. I did not receive about the PCC.
After how much time you recieved it? And what is your visa office? AND MANY CONGRATULATIONS :)

luckyk555

Aug 1, 2014
Hi Jeleni,

Since i got my Sponsorship approval in March 19th 2015,i have not got anything for my parents,I have given my My e mail address as primary contact for correspondent with CIC but still they sent my approval by physical letter mail.It is almost 3 months no medical request have come to my parents and my file has been transferred to Colombo,Sri Lanka when sponsorship was approved.What should i do.Please help.I am worries as still my parents have not yet got medical request as i see most of everyone is getting medical request within 2 months.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
luckyk555 said:
Hi Jeleni,

Since i got my Sponsorship approval in March 19th 2015,i have not got anything for my parents,I have given my My e mail address as primary contact for correspondent with CIC but still they sent my approval by physical letter mail.It is almost 3 months no medical request have come to my parents and my file has been transferred to Colombo,Sri Lanka when sponsorship was approved.What should i do.Please help.I am worries as still my parents have not yet got medical request as i see most of everyone is getting medical request within 2 months.
I'm also still waiting for medical request, my sponsorship approval was in Jan 2015.

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
luckyk555 said:
Hi Jeleni,

What email address did you give for principal applicant (PA)? Sponsorship approval goes to sponsor and medical request goes to the principal applicant. If you use your email address for PA then you should receive it by email. If you're saying that approval was sent by physical mail, most likely, medical request will be sent by mail as well but it should go to the principal applicant's address. If you remember, CIC asked us to include 2 self-addressed mailing labels, I think, they will use that to mail communications if they need to.

If you are your parents' representative, try calling CIC and make sure they had your email address. Also, ask them the status of their applications, if you're lucky, you may get an update from the agent. There's no harm in trying, anyway.