+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

gaur84

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
psAug2010 said:
do you know why they transferred your file to Ottawa?
Are there any specific reasons? # of dependents?
not sure...but lot of files are transferring to ottawa office.
dad and mom only in the application..

gurunanak

Aug 17, 2014
siki said:
Good morning everyone.
So I send the additional documents on may 20th to the New Delhi office. Today I got an email from there to send my brother original birth certificate and copy of my passport. We already send them the original birth certificate to the office when we send the documents on May 20th. Any suggestions what should I do now ?

Thanks,
Hi Siki, Did that email have any visa officer name or contact inf. or is it a automated one? If you have the name of the visa officer, then you can send an email about your situation that you already send your original birth certificate. I remember reading somewhere in their automated message that they will reply to our email, if they asked for specific documents from us. I am in a similar situation- i send all the additional documents from Canada to New Delhi on May 14 and hopefully they received the same on May 20. Medicals were submitted on May 6 and the ecas shows Medical received. Does your ecas show In process? Just curious. Mine is not yet....

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
jeleni said:
Congrats, first-gen to your husband. Seems like his Visa officer is very motivated. I hope all visa officers are like that
Thanks Jeleni, I hope so too.... ;)

SHARIQHANFI

Jun 3, 2015
Hello Everyone:

I am new to this forum and please excuse me, if I make mistake.

I applied for My Mother under parents and grand parents category. The timelines are as below:

Visa Office......: CPP Ottawa ( Parents Sponsorship located in India )
App. Filed.......: SEP-2010
Doc's Request.: JUL-2014
AOR Received.: I don't know what is AOR
File Transfer...: May, 2015
Med's Request: Not received yet
Med's Done....:
Interview........:
Passport Req..:
VISA ISSUED...:
LANDED..........:

I received 2 letters, both from CPC-Mississauga office, the first one stated that the file is transferred to CPC-Ottawa as well as a note on Right of Permanent Residence Fees (RPRF). After 10 days another letter came from CPC-Mississauga office, stating the same thing that the file is transferred to CPC-Ottawa, but this time talking about "Requirement for Medical Examination". With in the text its written "If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative must provide an original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by the Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative must complete the medical examination and once complete forward the information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relatives application."

I was surprised to read this letter, my question is:

1. CPC-Ottawa or CPC-Mississauga, didn't sent me the IMM1017B UPFRONT, which normally sent via email, can I still tell my mother to get the medical done? that too without the paper work?

2. Why these two letters came from Mississauga office, rather than Ottawa?

3. Do you see any issues with this application?

4. Please advice, the best course of action.

Thank you in advance.

SH

2010applicant said:
Hi Everyone,

I know that there are a few threads on parents sponsorship on this forum. I am interested to start this thread to see the progress on the applications filed in the year 2010 for the parents sponsorship. My timeline is as below. Please post your timeline and the progress so that we can help each other and do not lose track on the progress, as I have read that a few have not recieved further information on their application progress or did not recieved communication in the past.

This way we can update each other on what is happenning next. I welcome senior members of this forum to comment their views on my situtaion below as that would help all the 2010 applicants in understanding the process and be patient with the process and do the things right and support each other and not panic and spoil their application chances.

To all please keep your enquires related to parents sponsorship on this post and not on any other immigration process so that it helps the right people and open a new thread for different type of questions.

My time line is:

Visa Office......: CPP Ottawa ( Parents Sponsorship located in India )
App. Filed.......: MAR-2010
Doc's Request.: AUG-2013
AOR Received.: OCT-2013
File Transfer...:
Med's Request:
Med's Done....:
Interview........:
Passport Req..:
VISA ISSUED...:
LANDED..........:

The letter received in OCT-2013 from CIC is mentioned as below:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of XXXXXXXXX and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded for further processing. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the office indicated below by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

CPP Ottawa
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada

The ECAS shows me the below information:

Application sponsorship status: Decision Made

Permanent residence Application Status: application received

On clicking on the details shows below under decision made:

1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXX on March, 2010

2. We sent you a letter on Oct, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The questions I have for the senior forum members and 2010 fellow applicants are as below:

1. Should I assume that the application is transfered to CPP Ottawa means the application is under process? Is this the same as file transfered or file is transferred from Ottawa to New Delhi later? Please explain the process here and what time line should I expect?

2. I had submitted the Right of landing fee and the PCC along with my application as it was asked if possible to submit all together. Will this help in processing the application or NO? any thoughts?

3. What does it mean in the letter "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor"? Does it means that the LICO meets the eligibility requirement and all paper work done?

4. It has been 4 months since last correspondance. How long do we have to normally wait for the medical request? Will I get an e-mail for medical test request? As my parents are in India and I am in canada. I have provided an e-mail address for correspondance and canadian address for mailing correspondance. Please suggest your opinion and any experience.

All fellow 2010 applicants please post your details as below to help all to understand what is happening generally and i will also keep you all updating accordingly. Please register and contribute to help all with your timelines and the way CIC is communicating with you (emial or regular mail)

1. your timeline
2. Visa office
3. how are you getting your communication (email or regular mail, in canada or your parents country of residence)
4. What was the last correspondance and any one from 2010 received a medical exam request?
5. any other information I missed and can be useful.

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
@fishburger you recieved request for additional documents 1 year after your medicals? Also whats your visa office?

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends
My parents did their medical on May 15, how long does it take that Ecas shows medical received?

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
@Pmary in how much months they received their medical?

mehuls

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2014 (Submitted Nov 2014)
AOR Received.
Mar 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 2015
Med's Request
Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Passport Req..
Apr 2016
eric leon said:
I got aor on 7 april.but no approval yet.feeling worry.help me
we are on the same boat I did get AOR before you but still not received the approval. Hope it will come soon!

zeeshah

Nov 8, 2014
first_generation said:
Hi zeeshah. I believe the applicant himself/herself upon medical examination will be provided by the panel doctor with original Upfront form (whether E medical info sheet or the IMM1017B) and then the applicant will need to mail the said form to the LVO. Please double check your approval letter with regards to the instruction of sending the Upfront medical to your LVO.
When My parents went for their upfront medical , they were only asked to provide copies of passport and citizenship card and the rest was to be taken care as per the letter by the Physician or IMO center. All forms they had on site to complete.
May be other members had different experience to share.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sundusk said:
@ Pmary in how much months they received their medical?
Sponsorship approval on January 29
Medical and Pcc request on May 7
Ecas in process : May 12

cool_wind

Apr 11, 2015
Hi All,

Both Parents are in file
Applied in 2010 CPC-Mississauga.
asked for addotional doc In Aug 2013.
Additional Docs submitted Sep 2013.
File transfer to UK-LNDN office for further processing in Dec 2013.
Got email for Medical test on April 22nd, 2015 with 1017 form for both.
Medical done on May 6-2015
Got another email on May 5th, 2015 for additional docs IMM5406, supplementary forms, passport photocopy and sponsor's birth certificate.
Additonal doc sent to UK-LNDN on May 24-2015.

When i login to see the status of file.
No update there,
only first line, "We received your application for Permanent residence on ----"

Is it normal or any action required from my side?

cristhel.fernandez

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
first_generation said:
Thanks Jeleni, I hope so too.... ;)
Hi First_Gen and Jeleni,

My ECAS under sponsorship just change to Decision Made and it says they sent me a letter on May 28, 2015.
I am still waiting for the letter, hopefully this week it will come and praying it will be positive.

I hope you don't mind me asking how much is the cost for medical per person? there's my parents and my brother
under my application to sponsor.

Thank you so much and God bless!

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
cristhel.fernandez said:
Hi First_Gen and Jeleni,

My ECAS under sponsorship just change to Decision Made and it says they sent me a letter on May 28, 2015.
I am still waiting for the letter, hopefully this week it will come and praying it will be positive.

I hope you don't mind me asking how much is the cost for medical per person? there's my parents and my brother
under my application to sponsor.

Thank you so much and God bless!
u giving me hope.congrts.u will get letter today or till friday for sure.tell me wht is date on ur aor letter.