+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
gaur84 said:
Hi guys,

my parents got the medical request today. I was approved as a sponsor on 9th Feb.
We were asked for their Police clearance back in 2012. So, we sent the PCC along with their forms.

my question is how much time after the medical request it will take to complete the whole process?
As we already sent their police clearance certificates. So, im hoping we don't have to send that again..correct?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hi Gaur84,

How many people are you sponsoring in total (mother, father or any dependents) ? I am curious to know how CIC is prioritizing cases. I believe your file is also in Ottawa as mine. I was approved as sponsor on Jan 28 and still waiting for medicals. We all believe that single parent sponsors gets priority first then couple and then couple with dependents.

wish you speedy reunion with your parents.

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nitinbali60 said:
Hi Gaur84,

How many people are you sponsoring in total (mother, father or any dependents) ? I am curious to know how CIC is prioritizing cases. I believe your file is also in Ottawa as mine. I was approved as sponsor on Jan 28 and still waiting for medicals. We all believe that single parent sponsors gets priority first then couple and then couple with dependents.

wish you speedy reunion with your parents.
Dear nitinbali60, your assumption is correct I applied in Jan 2011 SApp third week Feb single parent got med on 11th may. Likewise one forum member applied for single parent I.e mother only in Feb 2011 got approval in march, again medical in march & now they are on last stage
Vsoonihope has very categorily explained in previous pages. I wish for speedy process of all cased

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
Hi,
I think, aside from the number of persons to sponsor, there are other factors that affect the processing of our applications. Im not sure when they start background checking, but this must be another reason why some of us who received approval earlier than others are still waiting for medical. Or maybe, the Officer assigned to our file is not that as efficient as the other Officer, i dont know. I can only guess.

I only have one parent to sponsor, got my approval on Jan. 27th, 2015 but still waiting for medical from Ottawa. Hope to get it soon, maybe next week (wishful thinking ).

God bless all our applications. In His time, we'll get there!

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
jeleni said:
Hi,
I think, aside from the number of persons to sponsor, there are other factors that affect the processing of our applications. Im not sure when they start background checking, but this must be another reason why some of us who received approval earlier than others are still waiting for medical. Or maybe, the Officer assigned to our file is not that as efficient as the other Officer, i dont know. I can only guess.

I only have one parent to sponsor, got my approval on Jan. 27th, 2015 but still waiting for medical from Ottawa. Hope to get it soon, maybe next week (wishful thinking ).

Canada dislikes the idea of old folks moving to Canada and be a burden on the health care system. Therefore, single parent sponsor are given preference. Furthermore, I believe dependent age is also an important factor here in prioritizing cases. Probably younger parents are processed before the older ones. Most importantly, As Jeleni said it depends on the officers efficiency or mindset handling your case.

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Applied April 2010
Document Request Aug 2013
Document Sent Oct 2013 but got it back because it wasn't complete.
Document Sent again Oct 01, 2014
AOR Received Dec 15, 2014
Sponsorship Approval Received via Email May 14, 2015 and the file has been transferred to New Delhi

Mom and Dad only in the application, both residents of Afghanistan but currently on SuperVisa in Canada.

Next step would be medical sometimes soon IA.

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeleni said:
Hi,

Dear Jeleni ji
I fully agree with you the priority in processing also based on background checking. In our case my father is retired center govt.officer. In India Govt retired officers are issued passport within 3 days on ordinary fee that with post police verification whereas normally it takes 30 days. Further Jeleni ji or Soonihope or other forum member can give their opinion that in ecase CIC showing in process & on on clicking underline the msg shows "we have started processing of your case on 11.5.2015" on 11th may I got medical advise. Do you feel CIC might be processing case on the basis of supervisor medical done in August 2014 in India or will wait examination results.

regina101

Sep 12, 2011
Just wanted to share my parents' timeline:
Applied: May 7, 2010.
Additional Documents: July 2013 and November 2013
Start Processing: December 16, 2014.
Reassessment: May 29, 2014
Eligible as Sponsor/RPRF fee: November 27, 2014
Additional Documents for permanent Residency: December 16, 2014
Medical Request: December 16, 2014 but didn't received any request. February 23, 2014 we received follow up email for parents medical but since we didn't received anything we requested to resend the form.
Medical Done: March 19, 2014, further examination needed but we still send them an update that we did medical and forwarded the Information sheet given buy the Doctor. They completed their medical second week of April.
Request of Passport: April 30, 2015

What's confusing before was all correspondence we received/sent was from/to Mississauga that's why I'm so worried 'coz I'm expecting once sponsorship has been approved the papers will be forwarded to the Visa Office of their Residency or Ottawa, etc not in Mississauga. But probably they're trying to speed up some processing and since my parents papers is not complicated that's why it was processed there. Their passport though has been forwarded to Manila Visa Office.

All good now and we're just waiting for their passport with visa stamp to be returned.

Good luck everyone.

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
michelv said:
Dear Jeleni ji
I fully agree with you the priority in processing also based on background checking. In our case my father is retired center govt.officer. In India Govt retired officers are issued passport within 3 days on ordinary fee that with post police verification whereas normally it takes 30 days. Further Jeleni ji or Soonihope or other forum member can give their opinion that in ecase CIC showing in process & on on clicking underline the msg shows "we have started processing of your case on 11.5.2015" on 11th may I got medical advise. Do you feel CIC might be processing case on the basis of supervisor medical done in August 2014 in India or will wait examination results.
Hi michelv,

I can assume that they are processing your father's application based on supervisa medical as per your ecas. But you wanna make sure that you wont miss the medical test that you just received request for recently. If I were you, contact Ottawa by email and put "urgent" on your subject line because you only have so much days, maybe 30 days to complete the medical. If you dont get a response in a few days, just do the medical so you wont miss anything.

gaur84

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
michelv said:
Hi Gaur 84
After receipt of medicals cic is usually taking 2 to 3 months in asking for final stage of passport submission. Moreover I hope CIC will not ask for PCC again. To understand the step by step waiting please click spreadshee link on page 95 in the post of Jeleni ji. By viewing the spreadsheet you will fully understand the current happening. wish you speedy disposal and immigration stamping soon
Thanks a lot for the information Michelv.

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeleni said:
Hi michelv,

I can assume that they are processing your father's application based on supervisa medical as per your ecas. But you wanna make sure that you wont miss the medical test that you just received request for recently. If I were you, contact Ottawa by email and put "urgent" on your subject line because you only have so much days, maybe 30 days to complete the medical. If you dont get a response in a few days, just do the medical so you wont miss anything.
Hi Jeleni ji Thnx for prompt advice. I agree with you not to miss medical. I have already issued email giving reference if supervisa medical & also requested them to advise ne validity of supervisa medical done in August 2014, however I informed them that my appointment is scheduled in Wednesday next so pl advise before Wednesday. I hope for the best & also pray to almighty to speedup processing of your cade as well as of other members.

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
michelv said:
Hi Jeleni ji Thnx for prompt advice. I agree with you not to miss medical. I have already issued email giving reference if supervisa medical & also requested them to advise ne validity of supervisa medical done in August 2014, however I informed them that my appointment is scheduled in Wednesday next so pl advise before Wednesday. I hope for the best & also pray to almighty to speedup processing of your cade as well as of other members.
That's good. If you dont get a reply from them before Wednesday, then, go ahead with the medical. That's the most right thing to do at this stage. Hoping and praying, too!

kgill86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Hi

just a quick question, how long does it take to get approval after cic does reassessment of your eligibility as a sponsored?

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
kgill86 said:
Hi

just a quick question, how long does it take to get approval after cic does reassessment of your eligibility as a sponsored?
why u reassed and when? .any normal case.ur timeline pls

singh702

Dec 11, 2014
pta ni
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 march 2011
Doc's Request.
31 july 2014
AOR Received.
6 december 2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
26 feb 2015
Med's Request
25 april 2015
Med's Done....
15 may 2015
Interview........
...... in process on 6 june 2015
Passport Req..
......waiting
VISA ISSUED...
.......waiting
LANDED..........
.....pta ni kdo
hi everyone medicals done on 13/05/2015. and documents along with pcc sent today 15/05/2015.....lets hope for good next.....