+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punjab84 said:
Hi there, Any body knows how much time take by Ottawa to issue Medical.My parents file transferred to Ottawa on 16 Feb and its almost month and didn't receive medical yet, Parents are living in Canada on supervisa
Hi Punjab 84
If you go through spreadsheet having details of forum members you will observe that in some case they have issued medicals from 10 days to 2 months from date of transfer of file therefore there is no hard or fast rules for every applicant it varied from case to case In our case too I am waiting for medicals. Will you share your timeline pl

punjab84

Mar 17, 2015
Thanks for reply.
my parents Timeline:
Apply 10 June 2010
Request for doc:18 Aug 2014
Document send:12 Sep2014
Got email regarding approval and file transfer to Ottawa :16 Feb 2015.
Waiting for medical next.
My parents are in Canada now and they book the ticket to India on 18 April and I hoping if they will do their medical from here.
let's see.
Thanks.

raki123

Aug 1, 2014
soonihope said:
Congrats Rajesh. Very fast processing. I think another member Lalu got passport request after 2 months so maybe by May/June your mum should have PR visa.

Could you tell me what time during the day your email was received for medicals.

Anyway good luck with the next stage of processing.

Hi,

I have received email around 9 am in the morning on Mar 16th.

Thanks,

gaur84

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Thanks raki123.

I got Sponsorship approval (file transferred to Ottawa) on Feb 9, 2015.

Still no news for medical/PCC :(

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Applied in: SEP 2010
Docs Request: July 2014
Docs Submission: August 2014
Confirmation of Application Received and Complete: March 2015 (Is it AOR?)

Where I am standing at the moment? Anyone would like to explain this? Thanks!
It seems still long way to go yet :-/

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
usman_14pk said:
Where I am standing at the moment? Anyone would like to explain this? Thanks!
In a very long queue with the rest of us................................... ;)

And yes this is AOR which you received.
Hopefully you will get sponsorship approval soon.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
soonihope said:
In a very long queue with the rest of us................................... ;)

And yes this is AOR which you received.
Hopefully you will get sponsorship approval soon.
Thanks mate! yup hope for the best.
At least, things are moving.

darlingbrenda

Mar 18, 2015
I applied to sponsor my parents who are in India in November 2009 to CPC-Mississauga. Additional information was requested on August 2013.
Sponsorship was approved on January 2014 and file was transfered to New Delhi for further processing.
November 2014, 3rd week request for medicals was sent for my parents.
Unfortunately, end of November 2014 my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and passed away December 2014, less than 4 weeks of diagnosis.
I sent a letter to CPC-Missauga and CPC-New Delhi advising them to change the principal applicant to mom in early December.
My mom did her medicals January 1, 2015 and was sent electronically.
Complete application, dad's death certificate, along with my letter to change principal applicant was mailed to New Delhi in January.
My mom is now here in Toronto, Canada on a visitor's visa since early March 2015 since there is no other family in India.
Now my questions are-
- It is possible to CPC-New Delhi to transfer my mom's file to Ottawa for processing?
- How can I request CPC- New Delhi to tranfer the file to Ottawa?
- How long does it CPC- New Delhi to request passport after medicals are done?
- If New Delhi sends a passport request, can we send the passport to Ottawa or do we have to send it to New Delhi?

I really appreciate if someone help me! Thanks a million! :)

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
darlingbrenda said:
I applied to sponsor my parents who are in India in November 2009 to CPC-Mississauga. Additional information was requested on August 2013.
Sponsorship was approved on January 2014 and file was transfered to New Delhi for further processing.
Unfortunately, end of November 2014 my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and passed away December 2014, less than 4 weeks of diagnosis.
I sent a letter to CPC-Missauga and CPC-New Delhi advising them to change the principal applicant to mom in early December.
Complete application, dad's death certificate, along with my letter to change principal applicant was mailed to New Delhi in January.
My mom is now here in Toronto, Canada on a visitor's visa since early March 2015 since there is no other family in India.
Now my questions are-
- It is possible to CPC-New Delhi to transfer my mom's file to Ottawa for processing?
- If New Delhi sends a passport request, can we send the passport to Ottawa or do we have to send it to New Delhi?

It was heartbreaking reading your post. Firstly I am so sorry for your loss and may God give you the strength to weather this storm.
Regarding your questions now that your mother's medicals have been submitted I would just sit tight and wait for the passport request which I hope you get very quickly.
Transferring files to a different office may just delay things rather than speed them up.

At worst change the contact and mailing address to your address in Canada so that mail is forwarded here to your mother.
If your mother is here on multi-entry visitor visa you can extend her stay from within Canada until passport request is received.
If Delhi request passport I believe you would need to send it there, however at that time you may decide to accompany your mum to India to complete the process.
The time taken to receive passport request is very difficult to predict and in some cases is within weeks and in other cases much longer.
Hopefully due to your change in circumstances it will be super fast for you.

Take care and God bless you.

Bennie

Mar 11, 2008
Hi, anybody in my same situation, please pm me. Parents living in London UK, and application just transferred this month. How long till medicals?

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Mississauga
App. Filed.......: April 2010
Doc's Request.: August 2013
AOR Received.: AOR received May 2010 - Approved on Sept. 2014
File Transfer to London ...: March 12, 2015
PCC and docs request from LVO: hoping and waiting

Last letter:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded for further processing.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the office indicated below
by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

London
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
Canada House Maison du Canada
Trafalgar Square
London I Londres
SWIY 5BJ
Fax number: (44-20) 7004-6050

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darlingbrenda said:
Now my questions are-

Hi It is really heart breaking news to learn demise of father GOD bestow Courage to you & your mother to bear such irrepairable loss. I have came across with such situation which happened with my friend & he got case transferred from New Delhi to Ottawa by making appeal through an agent for transfer of case file however it took one month. I will suggest to consult any agent & even to this website owners who happened to be a renowned immigration consultant. Such person will not only help in bringing file to CPC O but will also help you for your mothers stay. My advise irrelevant to any consultants & my request is to consult your friend circle too before jumping to any decision. May GOD place soul of your father in REST

Lalu78

Feb 2, 2011
michelv said:
Dear Lalu78
Have your respected Mother got landing certificate by now.
If yes will you kindly share landing experience as a guiding factor for the forum memebrs
Rgds
Hi Guys,
Landing done today from Peace Bridge, Fort Erie. Was very simple and quick. We drove to Peace Bridge, upto US border. I informed the officer at border about the purpose of the visit i.e. landing in Canada. They are well aware about the process. Officer took our passports, gave us small chit, page another officer at office and let us go to the office. We went there, parked the car and went in the office. Inside another officer gave us the paper called refuse to admission in US and passports back. This is the paper you need to show at Canada customs. Then the officer led us to the road towards Canada and we reached at Canada border. It did not take more than 30 min. At Canada border, officer asked some general questions like purpose of the visit and asked if any goods coming from back home for my mother (1st time it will be duty free). I said no. Then she asked us to park and go in the office building. There another officer finished the formality of Landing. Then we left office, paid $3.50 at toll and we were heading back home. Took not more than 30-45 min.
Tips:
Good to go weekdays and preferably around noon time when there is less rush. (Today only about 3-4 cars ahead of us at US border and empty lanes at Canada Border.
No documents other than passport required at US border, so it is advisable to keep everything in the car when you go to US custom office.
At Canada Customs office, only document required are Passport and COPR. Just keep all relevant documents handy just in case if officer ask.

Let me know if you need any further information.

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lalu78 said:
Hi Guys,
Landing done today from Peace Bridge, Fort Erie. Was very simple and quick. We drove to Peace Bridge, upto US border. I informed the officer at border about the purpose of the visit i.e. landing in Canada. They are well aware about the process. Officer took our passports, gave us small chit, page another officer at office and let us go to the office. We went there, parked the car and went in the office. Inside another officer gave us the paper called refuse to admission in US and passports back. This is the paper you need to show at Canada customs. Then the officer led us to the road towards Canada and we reached at Canada border. It did not take more than 30 min. At Canada border, officer asked some general questions like purpose of the visit and asked if any goods coming from back home for my mother (1st time it will be duty free). I said no. Then she asked us to park and go in the office building. There another officer finished the formality of Landing. Then we left office, paid $3.50 at toll and we were heading back home. Took not more than 30-45 min.
Tips:
Good to go weekdays and preferably around noon time when there is less rush. (Today only about 3-4 cars ahead of us at US border and empty lanes at Canada Border.
No documents other than passport required at US border, so it is advisable to keep everything in the car when you go to US custom office.
At Canada Customs office, only document required are Passport and COPR. Just keep all relevant documents handy just in case if officer ask.

Let me know if you need any further information.
Hi Lalu78
ACCEPT HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS FOR SUCCESSFULLY ACHIEVING LAST STEP OF LANDING CERTIFICATE THAT TOO WITHOUT GOING TO INDIA I ALSO WELCOME YOUR RESPECTED MOTHER ON BECOMING PERMANENT RESIDENT OF OUR CANADA & WISH TO BECOME CITIZEN OF CANADA. I AM SURE THOUGH YOU HAVE FULFILLED YOUR AIM BUT WILL GUIDING US AS & WHEN ANY GUIDANCE IS NEEDED. YOUR THIS POST WILL ALWAYS BE A GUIDING FACTOR FOR ALL OF US TO FOLLOW THE PATH SHOWN BY YOU . ONCE AGAIN CONGRAT YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY

mirjapunjabi

Mar 10, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2014
Med's Request
nov 2014
Med's Done....
jan 2015
Interview........
ECAS : in process - 4 March 2015 ,decision made 19 march 2015
Passport Req..
16 march 2015, pasport sent..:24 march 2015
VISA ISSUED...
14 April 2015
LANDED..........
jald hi
good news guys
my ecas status is changed to decision made and i have recieved email requesting my passport.. But its not mentioned there if we are granted visa or not.

prince nijjar

May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 sept 2010
Doc's Request.
30 july 2014
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
New delhi -25 feb 2015
Med's Request
25 april 2015
Med's Done....
7 may 2015
Passport Req..
28 sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2015
mirjapunjabi said:
good news guys
my ecas status is changed to decision made and i have recieved email requesting my passport.. But its not mentioned there if we are granted visa or not.
Congrats u got visa sure ...if there is any issue u will not ask to send passorts ..!!
Hv a goodlyck ahead