Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
tdolphin said:
I applied in August 2010 and just received the letter today. The checklist is 1,2,3,8,9,10,11. I am very concerned about this. After all this wait and they send a document that has this huge mistake.
I also have a question about the fees. I am not sure if all that is needed now is the right of permanent residence fees or something more. I remember I paid over a 1000 in 2010 but can't remember what was it for exactly. Can someone please verify? Thank you.
Hi,

With regards to PR fee, as per the letter, it is strongly recommended to pay the fee together with the complete application to reduce processing time. You can pay it now or later. If you choose later, it may take longer to process because they have to communicate with you again when it's time to pay and you have to communicate back that you have paid and wait again for the next steps.

How many applicants do you have? If it's only 1, with over $1000 payment you had last time, i think, PR fee must have been included. If i remember it right, without checking my files, I paid $75 + $475 for sponsor and principal applicant's fees respectively. Now, I have to pay the PR fee and submit with the docs requested.

mrs-vkp

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
jeleni said:
Hi,

With regards to PR fee, as per the letter, it is strongly recommended to pay the fee together with the complete application to reduce processing time. You can pay it now or later. If you choose later, it may take longer to process because they have to communicate with you again when it's time to pay and you have to communicate back that you have paid and wait again for the next steps.

How many applicants do you have? If it's only 1, with over $1000 payment you had last time, i think, PR fee must have been included. If i remember it right, without checking my files, I paid $75 + $475 for sponsor and principal applicant's fees respectively. Now, I have to pay the PR fee and submit with the docs requested.
I thought the same. But I would pay it either ways in case. if we over pay, they will return it but if we did not it will delay the app.

tdolphin

Jun 20, 2014
jeleni said:
Hi mrs-vkp,

Yeah, i noticed that too. I think, we dont need the other docs that should have been in the missing numbers (4-7) coz they have mentioned to just follow the checklist they have provided and not from the specific visa office checklist. But it will be better to call cic to confirm.

Yes, option c from sponsor. For the applicant, as you mentioned.
Hello,
I called cic and they emailed me the missing steps while I was talking with them on the phone.
THEY ARE NEEDED.

mrs-vkp

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
tdolphin said:
Hello,
I called cic and they emailed me the missing steps while I was talking with them on the phone.
THEY ARE NEEDED.
Oh, so there are more then listed? what are they?

Never Say Never

Star Member
May 6, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2014 ( PER Received)
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-02-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
June!
mrs-vkp said:
Oh, so there are more then listed? what are they?

Seriously!! U mean cic made mistake with not just one application but quite a few numbers?

Damn! I was so sure that they don't make such mistakes! Thanks a ton for letting us know the actual fact!!

And plz let us know the remaining points!!

Thanks!

mrs-vkp

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
Never Say Never said:
Seriously!! U mean cic made mistake with not just one application but quite a few numbers?

Damn! I was so sure that they don't make such mistakes! Thanks a ton for letting us know the actual fact!!

Thanks!
it seems high volume of calls. It is not able to transfer the calls. :(

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
tdolphin said:
Hello,
THEY ARE NEEDED.
Thanks for the info, dolphin! Will ask a copy from them too coz it has to be attached to our applications. That means, most of us if not all of us have to call their office :(

tdolphin

Jun 20, 2014
Never Say Never said:

Thanks!
I posted the missing points on another thread
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsorship-cic-letter-received-but-missing-stepsapparently-t233320.15.html

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Thanks !

tdolphin said:
I posted the missing points on another thread
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsorship-cic-letter-received-but-missing-stepsapparently-t233320.15.html

Kaban

Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-26-2010
Doc's Request.
07-30-2014
AOR Received.
12-30-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2015 Ottawa
Med's Request
06-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-25-2015
Passport Req..
07/15/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/30/2015
LANDED..........
10/5/2015 tentative
Hi everyone!
I have applied to sponsor my Mom on November 26, 2010. Few days ago i have recieved the request for additional docs with steps 4-7 missing. However, they e-mailed me the complete checklist a day after.
So here is my timeline:

Visa Office......: CPP Mississauga
App. Filed.......: NOV-2010
Doc's Request.: JUL-2014

Here is the copy paste of complete checklist from e-mail: (I had to delete the links and sorry if the format will be a little messed up)

For the Sponsor

Option C Printout

Submit an original Option C Printout for the tax year that you submitted the original sponsorship application AND an original Option C Printout for the year before you submitted the application. The Option C Printout is required for both tax years.

The Option C Printout is different from your notice of assessment and is available to you upon request by calling Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281. There is no charge to obtain copies of the Option C Printout.

Original

For the Principal Applicant

Forms and supporting documents (to be completed and submitted by all applicants).

See the "Applying as a member of the Family Class" to download current forms and for instructions on completing the forms and gathering the required supporting documents

Note: Do not complete the Visa Office Specific Instructions. Documents must be submitted in the order of this checklist.

Generic Application Form to Canada (IMM 0008)

Each application package must contain only one completed, dated and signed 2D barcoded

IMM 0008. Please complete and validate this form online.

All dependants previously listed on the original sponsorship application must be listed on the

IMM 0008. If you no longer wish to include them in your application, please provide a written explanation why and include it with your submission.

For instructions on completing this form, please refer to:

Original

Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) (if applicable)

If the applicant has more than five dependants (whether they are accompanying or not), then the principal applicant must complete, date and sign this form.

Original

Schedule A: Background Declaration (IMM 5669)

A separate form must be completed, dated and signed by:

• the principal applicant, and,

• spouse or common-law partner (whether they are accompanying or not) and,

• each dependent child over the age of 18 years (whether they are accompanying or not).

Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever comes first, in chronological order. Do not leave any sections blank or gaps in time. You must write "n/a" in any sections that are not applicable to your situation. Include all:

• jobs,

• periods of unemployment,

• study,

• vacations, or

• being a homemaker.

Do not use abbreviations. Do not use general words such as "employee", "working", or “manager." Specify your activity such as retail salesperson, architect, financial manager, etc.

Note: If this section is not accurately completed, it will cause delays in the processing of your application.

Original

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)

A separate form must be completed, dated and signed by:

• the principal applicant; and

• spouse or common-law partner (whether they are accompanying or not); and

• each dependent child over the age of 18 years (whether they are accompanying or not).

Original

Use of a representative (IMM 5476)

Complete, date, sign and include this form in your application if you have a paid or unpaid representative.

Original

Travel documents and passports

Passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing:

• the passport number,

• date of issue and expiry,

• the photo, name, date and place of birth,

• pages showing any amendments in name, date of birth, expiration, etc.

You must hold a valid regular passport. Diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports are not valid for immigration to Canada.

Proof of Admission (if applicable)

If the visa office you have specified for processing your application is not the visa office responsible for your country of nationality, provide proof that you have been lawfully admitted for a period of at least one year to a country for which the specified visa office is responsible.

Proof of lawful admission is in the form of a stamp in the passport or a status document issued at the Port of Entry or other place of admission. If an extension of the original status has been obtained, the evidence required would be a document or stamp issued by the ministry responsible for immigration matters, providing an extension up to one year or beyond.

Please note that the CPC-Mississauga is not a visa office. Visa offices are outside of Canada.

Submit photocopies of:

• current or expired entry/exit stamps in your national passport, and

• current or expired status documents indicating the date you were admitted and the validity.

Copies

Proof of Relationship to Sponsor in Canada

Submit proof of relationship showing you are the parent or grandparent of your sponsor in Canada. The document you submit must prove the relationship between the principal applicant and the sponsor.

You must provide the following documents:

• Birth certificates;

• Legal documents showing name or date of birth changes (if applicable);

• National IDs, family/household registry/book (if applicable).

Copies

Identity and Civil Status Documents

You must provide the following documents for you and your current and/or former spouse/common-law partner:

• Marriage certificate(s), final divorce or annulment certificate(s). If married more than once, include certificates from each marriage and divorce or annulment you, your spouse or common-law partner have had;

• Death certificate for former spouse(s) or common-law partner(s) (if applicable);

• Legal documents showing name or date of birth changes (if applicable);

• National IDs, family/household registry/book (if applicable)

• If you have a common-law partner, complete and include the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409 – original) and provide evidence that you have cohabitated with your partner for a period of at least 12 continuous months. Evidence may be, but not limited to, the following examples listing both your names:

Ø copies of joint bank account statements,

Ø copies of leases, utility bills etc.

Copies, unless otherwise stated

Proof of Dependent Children's Relationship to Principal Applicant

For all accompanying dependants submit proof of relationship to the principle applicant.

• Children's birth certificates (which name their parents);

• Family/ household Registry/Book (if applicable);

• Adoption papers issued by recognized national authorities showing the legal, approved adoption of adopted dependent children;

• Proof of full custody for children under the age of 18 and proof that the children may be removed from the jurisdiction of the court, where applicable;

• If the other parent of your children is not accompanying you to Canada, you must submit a signed Statutory Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada (IMM 5604 - original) for each child consenting to their travel to Canada along with a copy of the non-accompanying parent's photo ID showing their signature;

• If the children will not accompany you to Canada, proof that you have fulfilled any obligation stated in custody agreements;

• Proof of continuous full-time studies of all dependent children aged 22 or over, including:

• complete school records/transcripts since attaining age 22;

• letters from the schools indicating the number of hours of classes attended per day, and the number of days attended per week;

• proof of full financial support by parents since reaching age 22.

Copies, unless

otherwise stated

Photo Requirements

Supply two (2) photos for each member of your family and yourself taken within six (6) months before application submission.

On the back of each photograph, write:

· the name and date of birth of the person who appears in the photo; and

· the date the photo was taken.

Follow the instructions provided in Appendix A: Photo Specifications found at

Originals

Mailing Your Application

Mail to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario:

• this document checklist,

• the letter that was sent with this document checklist;

• your complete application,

• supporting documents required in this checklist, and

• include 2 self-addressed mailing labels:

• one in English or French, and

• one in the official language of your country of residence.

CPC Mississauga

P.O. Box 6100, Station A

Mississauga, ON

L5A 4H4

Never Say Never

Star Member
May 6, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-02-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
June!
Hi!

I have few questions regarding the FSW application! My brother who is sponsoring my parents received a letter along with the checklist on 30 July! We filed in August 2010. My questions are:-

1. My parents don't have a marriage certificated , but since dad was in the army both mom and have plenty of government identification to prove that they are married! Do they still need to make a marriage certificate?? Has any one from India sent documents of their parents without marriage certificate (along with an afidivate) . And their case been approved!!

2.can we send PCC now if ready! ( since they have specified that send only the documents listed in the checklist)

3. Will pay fee for ROPR and take a printout of the form and attach it with the application.

Am I missing anything??

Senior members Plz advice !! Thanks!!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Never Say Never said:
Hi!

I have few questions regarding the FSW application! My brother who is sponsoring my parents received a letter along with the checklist on 30 July! We filed in August 2010. My questions are:-

1. My parents don't have a marriage certificated , but since dad was in the army both mom and have plenty of government identification to prove that they are married! Do they still need to make a marriage certificate?? Has any one from India sent documents of their parents without marriage certificate (along with an afidivate) . And their case been approved!!

2.can we send PCC now if ready! ( since they have specified that send only the documents listed in the checklist)

3. Will pay fee for ROPR and take a printout of the form and attach it with the application.

Am I missing anything??

Senior members Plz advice !! Thanks!!
1.better if you can get marriage certificate, but if no way possible than affidavit together with as much other evidence to prove they are married.

2. yes send PCC. letter actually says if possible send PCC with application now. does not mention on the document checklist but is mentioned on second page of letter which has to be copied and enclosed with your documents.

3. yes attach printout.

good luck

Never Say Never

Star Member
May 6, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-02-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
June!
Hi !

Another question!

" include 2 self-addressed mailing labels:"?? Which address ? Brother's Canadian address or parents indian address??!

Never Say Never

Star Member
May 6, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-02-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
June!
soonihope said:
1.better if you can get marriage certificate, but if no way possible than affidavit together with as much other evidence to prove they are married.

2. yes send PCC. letter actually says if possible send PCC with application now. does not mention on the document checklist but is mentioned on second page of letter which has to be copied and enclosed with your documents.

3. yes attach printout.

good luck

Thank you so much!!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Never Say Never said:
Hi !

Another question!

" include 2 self-addressed mailing labels:"?? Which address ? Brother's Canadian address or parents indian address??!
The principal applicant's mailing address is what they need, which in your case would be your father or mother's residence address in India