2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends

we have received my parents sponsorship approval today January 29, 2015. we applied on December 2010.
Do you know what are the next steps? I think the next step they request for medical. After they receive the medical how long does it take for passport request?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
pmary said:
Hi Friends

we have received my parents sponsorship approval today January 29, 2015. we applied on December 2010.
Do you know what are the next steps? I think the next step they request for medical. After they receive the medical how long does it take for passport request?
Congrats when did you submit your documents. has your file been sent to Ottawa.
Next stage is waiting to get medical request.Ottawa has already sent 2 people medical request within 2 weeks.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply soonihope

September 14, 2014 they received application. Do you know what is the next step after they receive medical result ?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
pmary said:
Thanks for your reply soonihope

September 14, 2014 they received application. Do you know what is the next step after they receive medical result ?
after sept 2014 you will have been approved as a sponsor and the file will either be transferred to Ottawa or to Local visa office. From here you will receive medical request and need to submit police certificates (if not submitted in sept 2014) following which passport will be asked to be submitted after everything has been checked for visa issue.

Where has your file been sent?Your approval today will mention where they have transferred your parents file.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not seen the letter yet , my representative told me today that we have approved . tomorrow i pick up my letter. the visa office should be ankara , maybe ottawa .

koolguyz128

Jan 29, 2015
Hi soonihope i do have a question for u as when did u submitted ur application and is there any way we can find that what is happening with the application as online it is not getting updated for my parents.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
pmary said:
I have not seen the letter yet , my representative told me today that we have approved . tomorrow i pick up my letter. the visa office should be ankara , maybe ottawa .
Let us know where it goes once you get the letter.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we not submitted police certificate On September 2014. After that my parents got their police certificate on October 2014. Now if VO office request the police certificate , can we send police certificate dated on October and translated . Does not it expired? should my parents get the police certificate again?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
pmary said:
we not submitted police certificate On September 2014. After that my parents got their police certificate on October 2014. Now if VO office request the police certificate , can we send police certificate dated on October and translated . Does not it expired? should my parents get the police certificate again?
Police certificate needs to be only 3 months old when you send it.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
koolguyz128 said:
Hi soonihope i do have a question for u as when did u submitted ur application and is there any way we can find that what is happening with the application as online it is not getting updated for my parents.
I submitted documents on 8 sept. no update seen on eCas until approval made and then status will change to decision made under sponsorship.
When in Oct did you submit your documents.The only way we can get an idea is to see what is happening with those around us. I have started to log everyone who is being approved for sponsorship so that going forward everyone can use the table as a reference.

I can tell you that a few members who submitted documents in Oct are yet to post any updates, they include:
everythingwillbeok
Rcitizenship
chocolate78118
snmnov2010
leerobertmatin
mehuls
These guys are waiting for their AOR's.

Maybe you will not feel alone now. I have found the hardest part of this process is wondering when something will happen next.
I have tried to collect the data I have posted from all the various posts that all of us have posted over the months and this way you get a feeling of belonging to a small community of people all in the same boat.

I know too much time on my hands...............
But I hope even if a few people find the information useful then its been worth the effort.

rp1921

Dec 4, 2014
soonihope said:
Police certificate needs to be only 3 months old when you send it.
Hi soonihoope, I have question. I got police certificate for my parents 2 weeks before. My file is transfer to ottawa, so should i send them to ottawa office or should i wait until they request me

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
rp1921 said:
Hi soonihoope, I have question. I got police certificate for my parents 2 weeks before. My file is transfer to ottawa, so should i send them to ottawa office or should i wait until they request me
As you know letter sent in July 2014 said either send police certificates with complete appication then or wait until visa office asks. They mentioned do not send separately or it will be returned.

Hopefully Ottawa will send you medical request quickly in which case you can send the police certificates at that time.
If you don't get medicals quickly then you might want to think about sending them in as they would be expiring.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
pmary said:
Hi Friends

Hey Congrats!! Do u have any dependents in your file ?

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
Received on 23 Jan 2015 (Letter dated 13 Jan 2015)
File Transfer...
On March 31, 2015 Singapore
siki said:
Hey Congrats!! Do u have any dependents in your file ?
Hi siki

Have u got approval yet? and any change in ur online status?
Thanks

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
Received on 23 Jan 2015 (Letter dated 13 Jan 2015)
File Transfer...
On March 31, 2015 Singapore
Hi

Does CIC send letter approval by only e-mail? why I ask like this because I forgot put my email but I put my only parent's email in my application.
Thank you