+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2007 applicants

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
hi there,, I'm 2007 applicant as well, I have submitted through London office on July 2007, I have recieved a letter on Juy 2009 requested me to send the updated documents, I did so on 27 October 2009, since then, I have not recieved the medical request or any other thing, what do you advice me to do my friends
All the best to you.
Regards
TMSB

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
TMSB said:
hi there,, I'm 2007 applicant as well, I have submitted through London office on July 2007, I have recieved a letter on Juy 2009 requested me to send the updated documents, I did so on 27 October 2009, since then, I have not recieved the medical request or any other thing, what do you advice me to do my friends
All the best to you.
Regards
TMSB
Actually it's really difficult to predict how the files get attended to.If the time with which your case should have been completed is over,then you can make an enquiry to that effect.Otherwise if the processing time is not over yet,then you should relax hoping that your turn comes soon.I hope it works out well for you!

Bashar4

Jan 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

My file number is dated on 17/04/2007 in London. I sent my medical test forms on 11/09/2009. On 25/10/2009, I received a visa notification and asked to submit my passports. I submitted my passports on 27/09/2009. The passports stayed in London for two months. I emailed CHC to ask about the situation. they emailed me back saying " Further background checks are needed before visa issuance". I asked them to send me the passports since I needed them to travel to my home country. They sent me the passports without the visa. I am really confused and worried. Was the visa really issued or did they ask the passports to check them for security purposes. I haven't got the visa till now. Is this a good sign or a bad one? Is this normal? When do I expect to get the visa? Please advice.

Regards.

Bashar

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
Bashar4 said:
Hello guys,

My file number is dated on 17/04/2007 in London. I sent my medical test forms on 11/09/2009. On 25/10/2009, I received a visa notification and asked to submit my passports. I submitted my passports on 27/09/2009. The passports stayed in London for two months. I emailed CHC to ask about the situation. they emailed me back saying " Further background checks are needed before visa issuance". I asked them to send me the passports since I needed them to travel to my home country. They sent me the passports without the visa. I am really confused and worried. Was the visa really issued or did they ask the passports to check them for security purposes. I haven't got the visa till now. Is this a good sign or a bad one? Is this normal? When do I expect to get the visa? Please advice.

Regards.

Bashar
It's normal to get your PP back if u make a request for it.Many a times it will come without a visa especialy if the checks hadn't been completed.Were u given a timeline with which to send it back?If not,then u need write to the visa office,stating the circumstances that prompted u asking your PP.Add a line that now you're done and you want to send your passport back to visa office to continue the process.no harm!

CocoaTea

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Any updates so far? I really hope that all the old cases can be attended to.It's been a long wait for some of us.It's my sincere wish that atleast by end 2011, all the files under the old rules will have been concluded.When is it possible to finalize all the old rule cases? Any prediction?

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Hello.

I am Nov. 2007 applicant too and still waiting. Praying hard to receive the 2nd letter
(documents update) soonest.

Piolo

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
piolo said:
Hello.

I am Nov. 2007 applicant too and still waiting. Praying hard to receive the 2nd letter
(documents update) soonest.

Piolo
when did u submit the first update?

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Hi tonyinchina,

I am under SAP, and still waiting for documents request. London CHC, Nov. 2007

Piolo

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It takes a good six months after the document update under the old system. I'm sure you'll receive a medical request by April. I've submitted my updated documents in Dec 2008, they only sent the medical request in June 2009 (London Office). So fingers crossed.

Regards,

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
rizcom123 said:
It takes a good six months after the document update under the old system. I'm sure you'll receive a medical request by April. I've submitted my updated documents in Dec 2008, they only sent the medical request in June 2009 (London Office). So fingers crossed.

Regards,
Rizcom, have you already received PPR?

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes tonnyinchina, I got my visa stamped in September 2009.

Regards,

CocoaTea

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Is it normal these days for old cases applicants to get requested to submit passport/RPRF/Medicals all at once? Since the passport is included in the package,Is it really a PPR(for visa stamping)? or requesting a passport is just but part of application process? I am confused here!

cancon1

Feb 17, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guyz,

I am also a 2007 applicant. I applied in April 2007 at CHC Islamabad, Pakistan. Got my AOR after 1 month. I received a second letter on December 2008 (after 1.5 years) from CHC asking me to confirm my continued interest in immigration.

It has been almost 1 year now and no further corrospondence from CHC since Dec 2008. Waiting Waiting......

Regards,

Cancon 1

HKS

Feb 18, 2010
Hello everyone,
Any updates yet on October, 2007 applicants? Please, i would be glad to know if anyone has any info on that.

Goodluck to everyone.

HKS

cancon1

Feb 17, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gentlemen,

All 2007 applicants who are under old system can do nothing but wait. Only patience will bear fruits. Never ask CHC what is goin on if your case is with in normall processing times (i.e. 36-42 months), which they have also mentioned in your first letter coz repetitive questioning piss them off. One thing is for sure that their progress is really slow with old cases but they are doin it.

One of my friend who parents are already immigrants applied 6 years ago, has just submitted his documents recently and now waiting for medical call. So u can imagine what's really goin on.

Also processsing times conditions have changed. A year ago it said that 30% of cases finalized in 36 months. Now it says 30% of cases fianlized in 60 months. After all this terrorism scare and current country's situation, they are taking long, they are scrutanizing people more closely, and people whose occupations are on ministirial list are being given priority coz that's Canada's labour market requirement at the moment.

Putting all above together, we 2007 and before Feb 27, 2008 guys have to wait.

Regards. Cancon 1