+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2007 applicants

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
cancon1 said:
Gentlemen,

All 2007 applicants who are under old system can do nothing but wait. Only patience will bear fruits. Never ask CHC what is goin on if your case is with in normall processing times (i.e. 36-42 months), which they have also mentioned in your first letter coz repetitive questioning piss them off. One thing is for sure that their progress is really slow with old cases but they are doin it.

One of my friend who parents are already immigrants applied 6 years ago, has just submitted his documents recently and now waiting for medical call. So u can imagine what's really goin on.

Also processsing times conditions have changed. A year ago it said that 30% of cases finalized in 36 months. Now it says 30% of cases fianlized in 60 months. After all this terrorism scare and current country's situation, they are taking long, they are scrutanizing people more closely, and people whose occupations are on ministirial list are being given priority coz that's Canada's labour market requirement at the moment.

Putting all above together, we 2007 and before Feb 27, 2008 guys have to wait.

Regards. Cancon 1
Fully-agree with the above posting,... while we are waiting, we can always search around and gauge the job market there, see where is the best city/town to stay in, or even earn more money to prepare for the move and the eventual relocation in Canada,.... let's not just sit down and wait, it's not productive,....

Moon99

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
FrenchAsian said:
Fully-agree with the above posting,... while we are waiting, we can always search around and gauge the job market there, see where is the best city/town to stay in, or even earn more money to prepare for the move and the eventual relocation in Canada,.... let's not just sit down and wait, it's not productive,....

Very right. Just wait and see, at last all old applicants will be successful.

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Re: 2007 Applicants - Continue this Conversation

And not to forget too that we should keep this conversation alive,... my fellow-applicants,... there is nothing better in the world than the availability of knowledge and awareness of what is happening to what we are targetting on in our lives,... it will help us to plan better,... let's talk here every now and then,...

CocoaTea

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Yes, let's keeping discussing.We almost have the same dreams and by communicating we ease up the stress that we may encounter as we approach our dreams.

The good thing happening now is that,some visa offices are handling 2007 cases.Has anyone here got any communication from CIC?

pharmacistfarhan

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-5-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent along with application
AOR Received.
PER: 03-7-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-01-2014 , 3rd line appeared on ECAS on Jan 23, 2014, RPRF Request on May 13, 2014, RPRF DD received by LVO on May 19, 2014.
Interview........
Alhumdolillah waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 on Aug 26, 2014, PPR2 on Sep 24, 2014, Decision Made on Sep26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdullilah Passports received on Sep 30, 2014
LANDED..........
22 Oct 2014
CocoaTea said:
Yes, let's keeping discussing.We almost have the same dreams and by communicating we ease up the stress that we may encounter as we approach our dreams.

The good thing happening now is that,some visa offices are handling 2007 cases.Has anyone here got any communication from CIC?
Well its really good to know that some CHC's have started to work on 2007 cases, I applied in Apr 2007....... from CHC ISB.... do u have any up-date regarding CHC ISB??

CanadianLove

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
AOR Received.
July 2007
Hey all,

im a 2007 applicant as well, wanted to share my time line - I reallly reallly hope we start to hear sum gud news soon, perhaps right after the FIFA worldcup
that would consume most of June ;)

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Re: 2007 applicants - waiting here too,....

Yeah,... am still waiting here too,... let's keep this discussion alive ! If any of yo guys hear from CHC, please update in this thread,....

jazz2

Star Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, 2007 here. So where are we standing at with the rumoured new list coming soon? Check this:

(1) Super fast track "Might be coming soon"
(2) Fast track-introduced after Feb 2008.
(3) SAP-Came into effect back after September 2006.
(4) Old Rules- Where applicants used to send everything at ago!

The group lying at number 3 and more so number 4! Lord help us!!!

CanadianLove

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
AOR Received.
July 2007
I am optimistic about the next two or three months, i think its our turn this time around, at last,
trackiit website showing lots of updates and movements in 2007 cases, let us all pray and hope
we get to start our new life in CA beginning of 2011 (we should, hopefully all be done with our meds/visas
by the end of this year.

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
It's becoming extremely difficult to know what's going on in most CHCs regarding the SAP cases.Even handling of our files has become a mystery thus not easy to predict the next call! What is left of us is to choose the "list 38" option -if eligible-option B is to wait and hope that our occupations might fall into the demand list.Main words are:pray, Hope & Wait.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
My Dear Oldies,

You are all right......We should just continue to wait and pray.

More importantly stay glued to this forum so that we can at every moment ease tension.

Make more money and learn new things; as for me, am learning french seriously....who knows, I may end up in Quebec.

Regards,

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
Right said:
My Dear Oldies,

You are all right......We should just continue to wait and pray.

More importantly stay glued to this forum so that we can at every moment ease tension.

Make more money and learn new things; as for me, am learning french seriously....who knows, I may end up in Quebec.

Regards,
Right..You're actually right too,Staying and living with a positive mind.Learning French is just another smart move.You might need it somewhere especially when gunning for that much sought Canadian PR visa.Good Luck!!

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
tonnyinchina,

Right..You're actually right too,Staying and living with a positive mind.Learning French is just another smart move.You might need it somewhere especially when gunning for that much sought Canadian PR visa.Good Luck!!
Thank u my buddie....r you one of the ruggedie????

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Guys,... if you haven't heard, rules have changed again, the "List of 38" has been "compressed" to a lower number of occupations. And only if you fall inside these occupations will you be considered.

But I think this will not affect us - we are the backlogs. We just need to keep waiting for our turn.

This will affect the applicants from now onwards. It's getting more difficult to get there in a legal way.