+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2006 DAMASCUS APPLICANTS

Ali_hgh

Star Member
Feb 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's true youskal,
I sent an e-mail to the Warsaw office two days ago, and today they replied exactly the same thing "This office will be in contact with you within the next six months". Now the question is that when the six months has started from the day that they transferred our files or today.
I personally think that they use fix templates for these inquiries, so form now we will get our update letters within next four months definitely.

BR

Hurry.visitor

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
April 2010
i guess the six months started since they transfered our files,
but guys also i guess they used in the template the maximum time they may make us wait. i mean they may contact us before the six months, they put six so that no body bother them in those six months, they may contact us after 3 or 4 or 5 or the maximum wich is 6 it depends.
thats my predictions !! what do u think guys ?

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Well I guess, but how much of the 6 month they are going to use, only God knows.

Meanwhile, I have the following queries, awaiting the feedback from all of you guys:

* Should we start preparing for updated documents?
* What is the usual content of the update letter? What do they usually ask to update?
* Maybe someone from the 2005 batch that already got their update letter, can paste the content of the update letter here so we can know what to expect.

Thanks and BR

Youskal

Ali_hgh

Star Member
Feb 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what they asked my friend who was 2005 applicant (he got his visa couples of days ago):

This is to inform you that your application was transferred to the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw, Poland for processing. The purpose for this transfer was to expedite the processing of your application. Please note that all correspondence pertaining to your file should now be sent to the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw, Poland at the address provided above. Please do not send any documents or correspondence to the Canadian Embassy in Damascus, Syria.

This letter is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker. We are now ready to begin processing your application and require some information and documents.

You are requested to provide all the documents listed in the attached table within 90 days of the date of this letter. Please submit ALL requested documents at the same time, in a single package. Scanned documents are not acceptable – hard copies are required. Your file will not be reviewed until either ALL documents are submitted or the deadline has elapsed. Please note that this is your last opportunity to submit the required documents before a decision is made on your application.

This request is made pursuant to subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states that a person who makes an application must produce all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. The requested information may be relevant for the officer to determine whether or not you meet the selection and statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. If the requested information is not provided, the Immigration officer may not be satisfied that you meet the selection and admissibility requirements. Therefore, if you fail to comply with this request, your application may be refused.

If your application is refused, you will be able to reapply, but you will also be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. Any new application will be assessed according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations in force at the time that the new application is submitted.

If you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and you wish to withdraw your application, please contact the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw to confirm your contact information, and we will return your full application fee. Please note that your refund may take up to 3 months for processing.

To withdraw the application, please send a signed request by e-mail attachment, fax or letter with the following information:

§ Your name and date of birth.
§ Your file number.
§ Your return mailing address.
§ Your e-mail address and fax number if available.

All documents should be original and must be accompanied by certified translations into English or French.

Please quote your file number, your e-mail address as well as your updated telephone & fax numbers, on all correspondence and on every document you send to us.

Sincerely yours,
Visa Section

List of the required documents:

If your marital status OR the number of your dependants has changed, please ensure you submit all the required documents for them and the processing fees for all accompanying dependants. You may submit an international certified cheque, international bank draft, or international postal money order via mail directly to the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw. International certified cheques, international bank drafts and international postal money orders must be in Canadian dollars and for the exact amount due. They must be made payable to "Receiver General for Canada".

Fees may also be paid in cash at any branch of the Polish Post Office in Poland or in Canadian dollar cash at the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw. Please see our fee schedule for details: http://geo.international.gc.ca/canada-europa/poland/visas/processing_fees-frais_traitement-en.aspx

For fee schedule, please visit the following webpage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

You must submit all the requested documents arranged in the following order and return this form with the requested documents:

1) Completed application forms:

- Newly completed and updated IMM8 generic and schedule 3 for the principal applicant.

Newly completed and updated schedule 1 for all applicants age 18 and over ** All questions must be answered in full. Details must be provided for every month/year since the age of 18. Do not leave any gaps or blanks. All forms must be signed and dated. Incomplete forms will be returned to you for completion and will result in delays in the processing of your application.

- Newly completed and updated additional family information forms for all applicants age 18 and over.
- Newly completed and updated “Use of A representative” form. (If applicable)

Please note that you may download the application forms and guides from the following webpage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

- Newly completed and updated supplementary information forms for all applicants age 18 and over.

Please note that you can download this form from the following webpage:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37099.pdf

2) New Original police certificates for all applicants age 18 and over from each country or territory where the applicant and/or one of his dependants has resided for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18. To obtain information on how to obtain police certificates from various countries, please visit our webpage at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp and follow the instructions.

3) A certified copy of all pages of your Military Service book or Military Service Certificate for all male applicants aged 18 and over. If you or your dependent were exempt, an official proof of military exemption must be provided from the relevant authorities.

4) Civil Status documents:

Civil status documents for ALL applicants issued by the relevant authorities:

5) Proof of language proficiency:

Original IELTS, CELPIP and/or TEF language test results. Photocopies are NOT acceptable. Visit the following webpage for more details http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
If you are claiming English language skills, and English is not your first language, we strongly recommend that you take the IELTS or CELPIP language test.
If you are claiming French language Skills, and French is not your first language, we strongly recommend that you take the TEF (Test d’évaluation du français) language test. Your TEF results must include results for Speaking (expression orale) and Writing (expression écrite). These are two optional tests which must be requested when you apply to take the test.
You must submit the original Test Report Form, not a photocopy. Do not alter or laminate the form.

In the absence of IELTS, CELPIP or TEF results, language proficiency will be assessed by an officer based on other evidence in writing submitted in support of the application. Documentation in lieu of a language test may not successfully demonstrate your official language proficiency. Under no circumstance will an officer conduct an interview to assess language proficiency. Completing the IELTS, CELPIP and/or TEF tests is the best way to have your language proficiency accurately assessed.

6) Certified copies of all post-secondary diplomas and degrees for you and your spouse. Must be accompanied by official transcripts for each and every year of the program (if not already submitted).

7) Detailed letters of reference from all past and current employers which clearly list your job title, duties performed, projects completed and duration of employment. This should also be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.

If you are a self-employed person, you must provide copies of business/company registration documents, proof of business conducted with clients (such as invoices/bills, client references), balance sheets, income and/or other tax returns, and/or proof of your license to practice (if you are a private practitioner)

8- For your relative in Canada (if applicable): Proof of (relationship / status in Canada / residency)

Please provide certified copies of official documents which show parents’ names, birth certificates, passports, etc. that prove your (or your accompanying spouse’s) relationship with your (or your accompanying spouse’s) relative in Canada. Affidavits and statutory declarations are not satisfactory proof of relationship.

Please provide certified copies of official documents which show that your (or your accompanying spouse’s) relative in Canada is either a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen.

Please provide copies of documents which show that your (or your accompanying spouse’s) relative is currently residing in Canada. These can include documents such as income tax information or latest pay slips. Affidavits and statutory declarations are not satisfactory proof of residence in Canada, nor are provincial health cards, SIN cards, drivers' licences, etc.

9) You must provide evidence of all the unencumbered transferable funds you have available for your settlement in Canada, including evidence of the accumulation of those funds. This must include a bank statement(s) showing all transactions for the last six months with a current balance at least equivalent to the minimum required funds. A letter of solvency providing the current balance of your account(s) or the average credits and debits in your account(s) is not acceptable evidence.

If you have recently deposited a large amount of money into your bank account, you must clearly explain the provenance of these funds (ex: sale of property, inheritance, etc.) and provide supporting evidence.

The table below provides a breakdown of the minimum required funds:

Number of Family Members / Funds required

1 $10,833
2 $13,486
3 $16,580
4 $20,130
5 $22,831
6 $25,749
7 $28,668

10) For overage dependent:

Complete transcripts for (name of person) for each and every semester from (month/year person turned 22) to present. Must be accompanied by certified copies of all post-secondary diplomas and degrees completed. Reference letters or letters from the institution attesting to

continuous enrollment are NOT sufficient.

11) Please provide your full mailing address in Farsi or Arabic script (whichever is applicable) on 5 sticky labels (Your file number should appear on each label) and in English on 1 sticky label. The label completed in English must contain exactly the same detail as provided on the Farsi or Arabic labels. Mail will be sent to you using the Farsi or Arabic labels you provide.

Please ensure you write your name and your address is complete and legible. The address you provide should be the same as the one provided on your application form. If you have changed your mailing address, please notify our office in writing when submitting the address labels. You may wish to include your phone number on the address label in order to facilitate mail delivery but the choice is yours.

12) Photos: Provide four updated photos for yourself and each family member accompanying you to Canada. For photos instructions, please visit the following webpage:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/4000EB.asp .

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Ali, You are a STAR....

Thanks

So should we start preparing for the documents or wait until Update Letter?

;)

BR

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Ali. I have a question, which you may be able to help:
With regard to the Military Service Exemption. I know that those who have an exemption due to their study would not face any problem (specially if they are living outside their own country). But what document should they provide to show this to the visa officer?

Ali_hgh

Star Member
Feb 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ youskal:
For some document which are fixed and will not change by time like your university degree and your university transcripts you can make them ready, but for other document which can change by the time like police clearance (if you commit a crime!!!! for example) and civil status (which reflects your marital status) we should wait and translate them after receiving the update letter.
I have to say I didn’t read about it in anywhere, but I think it is the most logical way.
One more thing, the most important of all documents is the IELTS certificate. If you don’t have it book an exam right away, because you may sit another if you don’t get enough score.

@mbastudies:
I have personal experience about this situation which you mentioned. They asked for the document, and what we did and worked was that:
In Iran there is no way getting any official document for temporary educational military service exemption from related authorities, but here we have an official book which state all military service related regulations. We simply translate and notarize the page which tells about temporary exemption for university students, and we accompanied that with notarized translation of a letter issued by the university which confirms he was full time student of the university.
PS: It is only a suggestion; you may do more research and find a better way.
BR

marmar 2006

Jul 12, 2010
Hi everybody
I'm a 2006 applicant and a new comer in this thread.my file was transferred to Warsaw on April,2010 and now I'm waiting for update.As I was reading your posts I realized that all of you are going to take IELTS.As I know 2006 applicants fall into 2 categories,complete ones who sent the full documents to Damasus and simplified ones after september 2006.if you applied before september 2006 and you sent IELTS to the embassy you don't have to take it again,unless your score is not enough and you want to upgrade your score.Even the simplified ones don't have to take IELTS if they took it within one year of submitting their simplified application.

Best regards

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Marmar thanks for the info and for sharing.

I have to questions:
When did u apply in 2006 (which month)?
When do you think they will send us the update letter? (lo0o000l i asked this question to Dam2006 and Ali_hgh, in several occasions, i know you dont have the answer but it itches me to askkkkkkk everyone in this thread, just to keep the morals a bit high)

Best Regards

marmar 2006

Jul 12, 2010
Hi Youskal
I applied on May,2006 and really cannot wait for update letter.I thought we will receive it between 1 to 3 month.now it's 2 month and a half that they transferred our files to Warsaw and nothing has happened yet.we know the principal reason why they transferred our files to Warsaw is to expedite our processing time but it doesn't seem they are proving their punctuality.anyway we cannot do anything exept waiting and I really wish that very soon they surprise us with good news.

theone

Star Member
Nov 1, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2006
Doc's Request.
october 2010
File Transfer...
may2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
guys I have a question.

I applied in april 2006 and my file was transferred to Warsaw.. I have a question concerning the IELETS...
I sent an originional transcript with the first application,, for sure it is too old now,,
will they ask a new Ielets exam??

thanx and wish u all the best luck

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
hi theone,

No need at all, even if its old, the only condition is that the IELTS date is not older than one year since you applied, e.g.: if you applied in april 2006, the IELTS should not be older than April 2005.

Even if all these years passed, IELTS results are frozen since the day you applied.

Unless if you didnt get the maximum points and wish to enhance your results, you can do another exam and send it just for that sake.

BR

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Hi All,

Weeks are passing and we are still waiting for the update letter, when is it gonna be, are they gonna exlpoit all the 6 month period or maybe this monday we will find the "update letter" email in our inbox?

Anyway I wish you a nice weekend, please do keep updating the thread with relative news you might encounter.

BR

Hurry.visitor

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
April 2010
hi youskal.... and everybody...

youskal ... my opinion is, its not a matter of that they wana take all the 6 months or 3 or 4 or watever,
i guess, now they have in their hands applications to finish. when those applications moves on, to next steps of proccessing, then our turn will come, and they will request our updates, so maybe those applications will be done in 2 months and maybe in 6 months wich is the maximum expectations from the CIC.

thats my own opinion guys, nothing official. ;)

have a nice weekend and keep in touch.

Hurry.visitor

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request