+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 years visitor visa extension for parents from within Canda

sjpandey

Oct 15, 2008
Hello,

My mother came to Canada on a visitor visa last week. The original visa stamped on her passport says it is valid till Dec 31st, 2013. On her arrival, the immigration
Officer stamped her passport with the date of her arrival (September 10, 2013) and said that she now has a visa for 6 months till the 9th of March 2014.
I’m told that we can apply for 2 years visa extension for parents within Canada if they have Medical Insurance for a year . Is that true ? Do you think she will
Qualify for 2 yrs extension ? Please let me know.

Thanks

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends. If you have a strong enough reason, she can be granted a visitor visa extension for however long they determine. This is if doing a regular visitor extension. I have seen people getting anywhere from 6 months to a year to even 2 years of extension.

If you can qualify under the super visa category (with your income and all), you can get a 2 year extension under that category. You would have to submit all relevant documents.

You can read more on it on the 'extending your stay' section of CIC. The document checklist gives you better idea what you need.