+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 year PG Diploma course = 3 year work permit?

Rajneesh.kaur

Aug 16, 2014
I am also having the same problm guys.. I done b.tech and then MBA. I m hving 2 yr work experience in networking. I applied for graduate certificate in networking snd got rejected. I m very much confused to wt to do next as I dnt want to go for masters or phd rather I want to do some pg diploma of 1 yr. Bt I came to know that if I go fr pg diploma there are again chances to refuse thevisa. Guys I m very much confused like what to opt.

kusharora87

Nov 7, 2014
i have also some doubts regarding Visa, but my case is different. Actually i have completed my Graduation in BBA and now I am thinking to pursue my study in Canada. I am not eligible to pursue my Business Degree course in Canadian Universities because of high eligibility requirements like 16yrs of Education, 2yrs minimum work experience after graduation at managerial level.

So what i was thinking that, if i take admission in Canadian Colleges for 2yrs business diploma course, will i get 3yrs of full time work permit after completing my course?

And can i do part time job simultaneously with my studies?

student1305

Nov 8, 2014
i am a bba graduate and i am applying for a 2 year pg diploma course but my concerns are mainly in the area regarding jobs. Can someone tell me whether there are jobs available for people like that. Cause someone told me that you don't get jobs in canada specially if you are an immigrant

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
student1305 said:
i am a bba graduate and i am applying for a 2 year pg diploma course but my concerns are mainly in the area regarding jobs. Can someone tell me whether there are jobs available for people like that. Cause someone told me that you don't get jobs in canada specially if you are an immigrant
yes jobs r difficult but not impossible for any field...better opportunities for masters than pg diploma..... u should improve ur conversation and soft skills.

luvly3

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
mead said:
yes jobs r difficult but not impossible for any field...better opportunities for masters than pg diploma..... u should improve ur conversation and soft skills.
Hi mead, how easy or difficult is it to get a masters admission after upgrading GPA with a post graduate certificate, also hw can someone apply for a masters program the next session when 2nd semester transcript isn't out and international application deadline for most schools is February. .

Nirav1218

Oct 10, 2014
Hi if i do ISM one year PG course (total 42 credits ) at fanshawe college and then if i apply for another 1 year PG course then will i get 3 year work permit ?

and One more quetion :

may i take any business related course after Information security management as i did Master of computer science in information technology . will they reject my visa because my study profile is related to computer .
because my sister and brother in law have business (3 provisional store in ontario) ... so i can get easily Job offer letter from them. OR it is restricted to study out of your field ? must i take computer related course after 1 year (Information security management ) PG course . :(
please guys reply

tnt123

Jan 15, 2015
Hi guys, I have the same issue. I have a BBA in Hotel Management in Switzerland. I now want to study Human Resource in Canada. I am confused about the degree type though.

What should I study after BBA? a PGD or MBA? What are the differences, pros and cons between the two? Pls help!

tobro

Dec 8, 2016
Guys plz help me.i want to do a graduate cert course.it is showing that the course duration is 72 weeks and another one is 60 weeks.if i take the 72 weeks program,do i get 3 year stay back? I hve asked the college that how many semesters are there in 72 weeks program.bt they didnt reply to my enquiry.so i want to know how many sem are there in 72 weeks period?the college is fanshawe college.

Reactions: Fardin Ishraq

Fardin Ishraq

May 17, 2017
Bangladesh
Hi i am planning to study aircraft maintenance in canada. It is a 18 month course and i want get a job and finally to get permanent resident in canada.
So i want to know,
1. For 18 month course, what will be my visa duration 2 years / 18 months?
2. And does this 2 yrs / 18 mnth like 2+2 years of visa or 18+18 month of visa together with Post Graduation Work Permit?
3. So does this 18 month program considered as a skilled worker and can i go through the express entry for residency?
Im 22 years old and i have studied in an English medium school from young plus i have done my IELTS so does this qualify me for the Citizenship?
Im more eager to know about the visa process.
Thank you

Fardin Ishraq

May 17, 2017
Bangladesh
Guys plz help me.i want to do a graduate cert course.it is showing that the course duration is 72 weeks and another one is 60 weeks.if i take the 72 weeks program,do i get 3 year stay back? I hve asked the college that how many semesters are there in 72 weeks program.bt they didnt reply to my enquiry.so i want to know how many sem are there in 72 weeks period?the college is fanshawe college.
bro im also eager to join fanshaw and im also confused about the study visa duration

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi i am planning to study aircraft maintenance in canada. It is a 18 month course and i want get a job and finally to get permanent resident in canada.
So i want to know,
1. For 18 month course, what will be my visa duration 2 years / 18 months?
2. And does this 2 yrs / 18 mnth like 2+2 years of visa or 18+18 month of visa together with Post Graduation Work Permit?
3. So does this 18 month program considered as a skilled worker and can i go through the express entry for residency?
Im 22 years old and i have studied in an English medium school from young plus i have done my IELTS so does this qualify me for the Citizenship?
Im more eager to know about the visa process.
Thank you
1)possible the study permit will be 2 years but an 18 months course = 18 month PGWP so check if the college quote this as a 2 year course or an 18 month course given if the college quotes as a 2 year course then you could get a 3 year PGWP. A quick search of courses in Ontario shows aircraft maintenance as a 2 year course so check.
2) depends maybe the study permit will be 2 years but the PGWP is based on the course length not the study permit validity
3)Taking a course on its own does not qualify you for immigration as a skilled worker you would need to show work experience and assuming that experience is in aircraft maintenance that according to the NOC a few years is required plus probably need to be licenced at some point. Any work experience whilst studying does not count for immigration purposes.
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=7&val1=7315&ver=11&_ga=2.70031769.889180495.1496138327-297483606.1496138326

As for citizenship you need first to get PR status and then reside in Canada for at the moment a minimum of 4 years http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/citizenship/index.asp

Overall this would be a multi year plan, plenty info to read here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

Final point that it is better to create a new thread than to join on a conversation that started nearly 3 years ago

Last edited:

suyog patel

Aug 26, 2017
Hello Sir,I have my bachelors completed in mechatronics.I am planning for 2 year of Pg-diploma course in CANADA.I have applied for Fashwee college And Nyit Vancouver.My query is that after completion of 2 years of study,Will i be eligible for 3 years of work-permit and PR?Please Reply ASAP.It's Urgent