waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Cedeel said:
As someone who is about to get PR with condition 51, I can't say that I would support its abolishment.
I'm sure it helps immensely to prevent fraud. As for the aforementioned situation, I would support some legislation for cases like that so that the PR doesn't lose his/her status.
Same here. My wife has it. It will expire in 3 weeks (it will be 2 years since she became a PR) and had zero impact in out lives. People who are worried about it before even getting PR... it is a bad sign. Who in a healthy relationship worries about splitting up with their spouse 2 years down the road?

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 14-8-2015 DM: 15-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
keesio said:
Same here. My wife has it. It will expire in 3 weeks (it will be 2 years since she became a PR) and had zero impact in out lives. People who are worried about it before even getting PR... it is a bad sign. Who in a healthy relationship worries about splitting up with their spouse 2 years down the road?
That's the point. Now a days there aren't as many people in healthy relationships.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
gooh said:
That's the point. Now a days there aren't as many people in healthy relationships.
CIC's goal is to look for those unhealthy relationships and flag them.

allah amar rob

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
If I get conditional pr can I travel back home to visit my parents and my little brother ? how long I can stay there? If anyone gets condition 51 what is the residency obligations?I am asking because normal pr card holder has to stay complete 730 days minimum in canada out of five years/but what about for conditional permanent residents?please who got conditional pr please enlighten me...

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
allah amar rob said:
If I get conditional pr can I travel back home to visit my parents and my little brother ? how long I can stay there? If anyone gets condition 51 what is the residency obligations?I am asking because normal pr card holder has to stay complete 730 days minimum in canada out of five years/but what about for conditional permanent residents?please who got conditional pr please enlighten me...
There is no strict rule to follow. Basically, short trips away from your sponsor is fine. But once the trip length exceeds a month or more, it starts to become risky. But for the most part, CIC tends to investigate only if they get notification from someone (usually the sponsor) that Condition 51 is being violated.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Condition 51 was mistakenly put on my husband's COPR (we have been together almost 10 years, married for 2.5) but we didn't really care since it has no effect on us. But now, I really love this Condition 51. When every my husband pisses me off I threaten to send him back to California. :p

Seriously though, whoever said lees people are in "healthy" relationships today must be looking at the past with rose-coloured glasses. I think overall things are a lot better. For example, today domestic abuse is not socially acceptable. Women can be the breadwinners.

nmclean

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
Doc's Request.
28-01-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
28-06-2016
vnexpress said:
http://globalnews.ca/news/2241380/liberals-promise-to-ease-rules-for-family-immigration/?hootPostID=849db03488793af11dea793632d39c56

Family unification is a major issue in the immigrant community and Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau also promised that if elected he'd grant immediate permanent residency to spouses of immigrants, instead of making them wait two years on conditional status.
Is there a more specific source than this supporting that he was actually referring to condition 51? Because it doesn't make sense in this context... think about it. It says the issue is "family unification", and that he wants to stop "making them wait two years". This implies that those who are waiting two years are waiting to be reunified with their families. Condition 51 is literally the opposite of this - immigrants must wait two years to leave their families. Either Justin Trudeau was talking about something completely different, or he has a poor understanding of the system he's supposedly making promises about.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
nmclean said:
Either Justin Trudeau was talking about something completely different, or he has a poor understanding of the system he's supposedly making promises about.
Given this is Justin Trudeau, the latter is much more likely...

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
screech339 said:
Please, your son is canadian as every canadian in Canada. Just because your son can't pass on citizenship himself doesn't make him any less Canadian than anyone else. My two daughters are Canadian and they cannot pass on citizenship either. If they want their children to have Canadian citizenship have the child in Canada. The same goes for your son.

There is a reason why the law was change. To prevent generations of Canadians being born overseas without any attachment to Canada. I happen to support this change even though it impacts my two daughters.

Remember if your son had a child outside Canada, he can sponsor his child for PR when he is ready to move back and settle in Canada. If son doesn't want to settle back in Canada, why should his child get Canadian citizenship. Once child has PR, child can apply for citizenship. This is one way to enforce ties to Canada.
Now who would judge on this term "Attachment" quote"(To prevent generations of Canadians being born overseas without any attachment to Canada.) I was trying to bring my wife in Canada, but the processing timings were not fast enough in those days, I did tried to bring her even on visit, but rejected whatever may be the reasons.

Atleast I am totally disagree on this issue with the CP govt. policy. I suffered, my wife suffering and my child Is suffering from CP govt.'s polices.

I did worked for CP, but I was assured they won't damn change the immigration polices, but what.. the cheated, betrayed me, and those who worked for CP. For sure for my whole damn life I am many like us who worked for CP will never ever vote for them for the rest of our lives, simply because they are liars, cheaters... I don't have more bad words for them to show my agony... u don't know how much we suffered from their policies.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ipoo said:
Now who would judge on this term "Attachment" quote"(To prevent generations of Canadians being born overseas without any attachment to Canada.) I was trying to bring my wife in Canada, but the processing timings were not fast enough in those days, I did tried to bring her even on visit, but rejected whatever may be the reasons.
Her visa was probably rejected on account that she now has stronger ties to Canada than to her home country strictly by being married to you. Remember TRV means visiting Canada with intent to leave Canada at end of stay. Being married to you, removes that doubt of intention to leave. This has nothing to do with Conservatives being in government. This policy has been ongoing for years even under Liberal mandates.

ipoo said:
I did worked for CP, but I was assured they won't damn change the immigration policies, but what.. the cheated, betrayed me, and those who worked for CP. For sure for my whole damn life I am many like us who worked for CP will never ever vote for them for the rest of our lives, simply because they are liars, cheaters... I don't have more bad words for them to show my agony... u don't know how much we suffered from their policies.
They changed the policies because people have been complaining about the huge backlog, lag time, mainly due to surplus of applications more than CIC staff can handle.
Do you want parents/grandparents to wait 10 years or more to get PR? No, no one does. The PGP program was changed to deal with the backlogged caused by Liberal government lack of fixing the problem.
Do you want sponsors to be cheated out of PR marriage scam and be stuck with 3 year financial obligation paying welfare to government? The 2 year conditional clause was used to protect the sponsor. Again Liberal government has a chance to fix this. I suppose the PR con artist's rights was more important than the sponsor's rights.

Do you want a generation of Canadians living outside Canada with no attachment to Canada? Think Lebanese Canadians incident.

These are issues that has to be dealt with regardless of who is in government. The Liberals had a chance to fix the problems and they chose not deal with it.

ipoo said:
I did worked for CP, but I was assured they won't damn change the immigration policies,
Why should you get special privileges on immigration matters just because you work for CP, that affect other peoples that wanted the flaw in the immigration system a serious fix?

ipoo said:
I don't have more bad words for them to show my agony... u don't know how much we suffered from their policies.
I sympathize and understand your agony but really what kind of suffering did you have from these policies. I mean really, how did you suffer? You really didn't explain how you suffered other than that your wife got rejected TRV, a issue that every spouse applying for TRV go through. The immigration overhaul has the backing of a majority of Canadians across political spectrum. Yes I suffered waiting for my wife to get her PR but I am in the same boat as everyone else. What makes you so special over me or anyone else for that manner?

inland2014

Aug 4, 2015
keesio said:
CIC's goal is to look for those unhealthy relationships and flag them.
the process inland takes aprox 27 months plus 2 years are almost 5 years. Anything can happen in that time and change everything even if is a very good relationships.

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
nmclean said:
Is there a more specific source than this supporting that he was actually referring to condition 51? Because it doesn't make sense in this context... think about it. It says the issue is "family unification", and that he wants to stop "making them wait two years". This implies that those who are waiting two years are waiting to be reunified with their families. Condition 51 is literally the opposite of this - immigrants must wait two years to leave their families. Either Justin Trudeau was talking about something completely different, or he has a poor understanding of the system he's supposedly making promises about.
Yeah, it sounded to me like he wanted to eliminate the process of permanent residents having to apply for their spouses separately and wants to grant spouses of PR applicants their PR at the same time as the applicant. If he was talking about Condition 51, you'd think they would have said "condition 51" somewhere.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Panamai said:
Yeah, it sounded to me like he wanted to eliminate the process of permanent residents having to apply for their spouses separately and wants to grant spouses of PR applicants their PR at the same time as the applicant. If he was talking about Condition 51, you'd think they would have said "condition 51" somewhere.
A person that is married, or that has a Common-law partner already MUST include (or at least declare) their spouse/partner in their own PR application. If they fail to do so, they can NEVER sponsor that person. So...this is already in place.

I'm still with those that think he has no idea what he's talking about.

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
screech339 said:
Her visa was probably rejected on account that she now has stronger ties to Canada than to her home country strictly by being married to you. Remember TRV means visiting Canada with intent to leave Canada at end of stay. Being married to you, removes that doubt of intention to leave. This has nothing to do with Conservatives being in government. This policy has been ongoing for years even under Liberal mandates.

They changed the policies because people have been complaining about the huge backlog, lag time, mainly due to surplus of applications more than CIC staff can handle.
Do you want parents/grandparents to wait 10 years or more to get PR? No, no one does. The PGP program was changed to deal with the backlogged caused by Liberal government lack of fixing the problem.
Do you want sponsors to be cheated out of PR marriage scam and be stuck with 3 year financial obligation paying welfare to government? The 2 year conditional clause was used to protect the sponsor. Again Liberal government has a chance to fix this. I guess the con PR applicant was more important than the sponsor.

Do you want a generation of Canadians living outside Canada with no attachment to Canada? Think Lebanese Canadians incident.

These are issues that has to be dealt with regardless of who is in government. The Liberals had a chance to fix the problems and they chose not deal with it.

Why should you get special privileges on immigration matters just because you work for CP, that affect other peoples that wanted the flaw in the immigration system a serious fix?

I sympathize and understand your agony but really what kind of suffering did you have from these policies. I mean really, how did you suffer? You really didn't explain how you suffered other than that your wife got rejected TRV, a issue that every spouse applying for TRV go through. The immigration overhaul has the backing of a majority of Canadians across political spectrum. Yes I suffered waiting for my wife to get her PR but I am in the same boat as everyone else. What makes you so special over me or anyone else for that manner?
so you are comparing my case with Canadian Lebanese, even though I have every intention to live in Canada. being a disable, having nothing in home country, how am I surviving you just cannot understand the feelings and agony am living in. Once CP Govt. came in power the Islamabad/Pakistan time went sky-high enough people started divorcing their spouse, CP's they are are not good for immigrations. See CP's were in power in 2009 and onwards, in 2009 it was nice to apply in, but in 2010 and onwards things(cp policy) changes and made sponsoring a hell processing time. it shoots up from 12 months maximum to more than 4-6 years, I even know 2 people to them it took more than 7 years, while same for india and other countries, it was taking 6 months and around. You can go and vote and support CPs, not I. I don't agree what you say good things for cp's, to me CP's are hell to immigration polices.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
As the spouse of a PR with Condition 51 its a total non issue.

We joke about it, but really it hasn't changed a single thing. We applied when we were ready to be committed as a married couple, despite being together three years prior to applying. Having an arbitrary period where we must prove cohabitation is of little consequence. It is rare that either of us travel without the other, and extremely unlikely my spouse will travel anywhere for extended periods of time anyhow. I understand it can be difficult for people who like to travel frequently, but realistically a month is not the norm I would have said.

I'd much rather have condition 51 than to be told we were ineligible because we are not married, or have not been together long enough to qualify us.