Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
flx2015 said:
i've been thinking about it, but everyone keeps discouraging me as my wife doesn't have enough ties to her country apart from family and friends. she has never traveled anywhere before either, so that makes it even more difficult for me to prove to CIC that she won't overstay her visa.
I'm in the same boat my friend.

My wife has no job and no ties.

I'm applying anyway.

I'm also in the same boat with the PR. Nothing going on with it.

I too have stated many times that I will also ditch the Canadian Passport and move to Indonesia if my wife is denied.

She would rather me move there anyways lol.

Ramadan Mubarak :)

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
and to you too.

i'm derailing the topic here a bit, but can i use my own MyCIC account to apply for my wife's TRV? i've never used MyCIC before.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ponga said:
Not really a fair comparison, screech339. :(
While it may seem like an unfair comparison, I am only making a point that CIC relies on statistics of fraud and poor paperwork from specific countries. We can't tell CIC to ignore this info anymore than we can't tell insurance companies to ignore their info.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
flx2015 said:
and to you too.

i'm derailing the topic here a bit, but can i use my own MyCIC account to apply for my wife's TRV? i've never used MyCIC before.
You are not derailing the topic. That is a valid question to ask. If I am not mistaken, I believe it's your wife that has to apply for MyCIC account to be able to apply online for a TRV. That way the application is specific to her. You cannot apply for a TRV for your wife with your MyCIC since the account assumes you to be the TRV applicant, not her.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
flx2015 said:
and to you too.

It has to be sent through a MyCIC account that's registered to your wife.

M

mikeymyke

flx2015 said:
i've been thinking about it, but everyone keeps discouraging me as my wife doesn't have enough ties to her country apart from family and friends. she has never traveled anywhere before either, so that makes it even more difficult for me to prove to CIC that she won't overstay her visa. i don't know what kind of supporting evidence i should include for her TRV.
I was in the exact same boat as you, everyone kept discouraging me from applying. After my wife got the TRV, I realized that it wasn't as difficult as it seemed as long as sufficient documentation was provided.

Honestly it doesn't hurt to try, especially now the PR application is already underway, any TRV refusal will have zero impact on your application. One thing to note is when you do decide to do the TRV, make sure you submit as lots of documentation as possible to convince them she will leave Canada. We even sent in docs that weren't even required, like her criminal record check, which we took a copy from our spousal PR application.

If you need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
mikeymyke said:
I was in the exact same boat as you, everyone kept discouraging me from applying. After my wife got the TRV, I realized that it wasn't as difficult as it seemed as long as sufficient documentation was provided.

Honestly it doesn't hurt to try, especially now the PR application is already underway, any TRV refusal will have zero impact on your application. One thing to note is when you do decide to do the TRV, make sure you submit as lots of documentation as possible to convince them she will leave Canada. We even sent in docs that weren't even required, like her criminal record check, which we took a copy from our spousal PR application.

If you need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM.
I'm also including the PCC in our TRV app. My wife doesn't work and doesn't have any assets so it's gonna be hard to show she will leave. The best thing we have is a notarized letter from her father saying she's expected back after her visit

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
flx2015 said:
i've been thinking about it, but everyone keeps discouraging me as my wife doesn't have enough ties to her country apart from family and friends. she has never traveled anywhere before either, so that makes it even more difficult for me to prove to CIC that she won't overstay her visa. i don't know what kind of supporting evidence i should include for her TRV.
I have a similar situation with applying TRV.. I have absolutely no ties to my home country anymore after I moved to Canada. (I graduated a month before from school before coming here, I left my two job and I ended my tenancy.)
Only thing what comes to my mind is my bank account in my home country but I don't think it's a big evidence about my intend going back.. I basically have only my word about a promise to not overstay TRV if I get it.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
shishkabobs said:
I understand that in theory it shouldn't affect couples who are legitimately, happily married (or common-law or whatever). But in some cases it does. My husband and I are currently outside of Canada, because we won't be ready to move for awhile. Now we've got to somehow prove that we are cohabitating at this Ukrainian address - which we are - but we're finding that pretty tricky to prove with paper. Landlord doesn't want to register me (a foreigner) as living at the place, and I can't get ANY utilities (internet, electricity, heat) billed in my name because they only want to deal with the Ukrainian citizen. I even tried to get the newspaper or a magazine delivered in my name, but they don't put a name on it, they just bring it to an address.

So, if Canada ever checks our Condition 51, we won't be able to prove that we were abiding by it.
I can relate to your situation...I've been trying for months to get CIC to update our addresses correctly but they can't seem to accomplish this!...my husband and I plan to return to Canada in less than a year when my work contract ends...and currently we are living together overseas in a room that we sublet - all utilities inclusive. there is no mail service and so no mailing address...we use his company box number....we don't have a joint back account (although I have a spousal credit card from one of his accounts). nothing official in both names...we just have lots of pictures of us doing things together and I guess we could have friends write affidavits that we have been living together happily. he applied for PRTD a month ago when my mom died so he could accompany me to her funeral...of course, it didn't get processed in time so he cancelled it (I came back before it had finished processing)....we have flight tickets (itineraries only as he throws out his boarding passes)...

So...hopefully this won't be an issue. I personally don't believe Condition 51 is helpful at all in deterring marriage fraud as it relies on random checks....and can lead to an imbalance of power in a relationship where abuse is concerned.

c.