+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 weeks short of 1 yr FT exp & business registration question.

nalwazir

Nov 7, 2004
Hi,
I am currently on a post grad work permit (2 years due to passport expiry).
My current contract will end on august 21st, 2010 which puts me a little less than 10 days away from achieving the 1950 hours(started on sep 2nd 2009). how is this gonna affect my application in the following cases:
1- I dont find a job for a while, then get employed after a number of months in a NOC approved position. so there i a delay of a few months to get a full time job (with an unemployment gap).
2- if i get a Part time job at any time does it add to the number of hours i have, wither it is after the contract ends(with a unemployment gap), or before?
3- I dont get a job at all? is falling short by 75 hours ok? i tried my best in this case...?

on a second note.. I am considering starting a business in the future, Specifically a Web startup. am i allowed to register a business(considering im on a PGWP)? keep in mind its no my main source of employment, just a side business/income. also, if i do register the company, is it gonna affect my application later on... im only considering applying under the CEC, not the Entrepreneur class as i wont qualify for it.

thank you in advance.

Nidal.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Nidal,

1) The unemployment gap is not a big problem as long you can meet the requirements....

2) yes, a part-time job would add to the hours if it is also NOC O, A, or B (doesn't matter when).

3) It sounds terribly unfair, but if you fall short of the required hours, your application will likely be rejected. Terrible that your current contract doesn't go the distance - is there no way to get it extended by 2 weeks?

4) Don't know whether you are permitted to start a company ... but, self-employed work experience cannot be used to fulfill the work requirement of the CEC...

Good luck --

nalwazir

Nov 7, 2004
Thank you Jes_on.
Also, I found out that starting a business is possible( ie, register it), dunno about the limitations of operating it though.

I would like to know if having a "junior" title is a problem while applying?

Im a junior Technical Systems Analyst.

Any problemos?