+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 semester means 1 academic year?

Discussion in 'International Students' started by yashpatawari, Nov 25, 2015.

  1. I want to know that does 2 semester in canada which is of 8 months are count as full 1 academic year or 8 months? What will be the duration of pgwp? Help plz.
  2. In most of the cases, if the duration of study is 8 months they give PGWP for 1 year but on CIC there is no such evidence (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp).
  3. Any experience person who has gone through this situation?
  4. Hi, I myself have gone through the process and just graduated from Humber College, Toronto.

    If the course is for 2 semesters, then itis considered as 1 academic year.

    which college did you apply for? and what is te program?
    Omkaroak likes this.
  5. Hi, I am applying to a masters program at Rotman Business school. But the length of the program is only 9 months spanning fall and spring semesters. Is the program considered by CIC to be of 1 academic year ??
    Asking the question as CIC has strictly mentioned 1 or more academic year masters program for gaining CRS points.
    mppradeep likes this.
  6. I'm also having the same issue
    My course is also 2 send in Centennial...
  7. Hey Hi,
    I completed my Masters in 3 semesters (Fall 2018, Winter 2019 and Spring 2019) and my program completion letter states that the program is typically completed within 1 to 2 years, so do I get a 3 year PGWP or 1 year? Length of study was 12-24 months in the admission letter, just confused that do they consider 3 terms as 1 year bcs it was fall 2018 to fall 2019 or is it 2 semesters is one academic year here in Canada?
    Thanks in advance
  8. Hi

    1. Probably not if IRCC follows the following Federal Court ruling: https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/460053/index.do
  9. depends. If you do 4 semesters, then 3 years. If not, then whatever amount of time you did. If the programs allows you to take 4 semesters consecutively (16 months) then do that and you should be fine. You will need to provide transcript and a letter to back this up.

Share This Page