+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 questions regarding PR application

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi All

Today morning (just 2 hrs ago), I sent the application for PR under "Canadian Experience Class". I had sent this application from Toronto, Canada. I have 2 doubts which started making me tensed.

1) I had written "Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada" for the question number 4 i.e. "Immigration office requested for processing this application". But my friend told me that I need to fill it as "CPP - O'. Will my application be returned due to this?

2) Under mail the application instructions, it was written as "Put the completed forms, supporting documents required by the CIO and fee payment in a 23 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12") envelope". However the weight of my application package was more than 500 grams and the person who took my application in CanadaPost suggested me to take a bigger envelope. Now the envelope that I had used to send my application is really huge. Will my application be returned due to this?

I am very tensed now and the happiness of sending my PR application this morning didn't even last for more than 2 hrs.

Experts. Please help.

Thanks and Regards,
Kunishsa

Bhanavig

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Nothing to worry, both will be fine.

For second one if you provided them with your e-mail id then it's ok.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
I did not mentioned my email ID on the package any where except in "Generic Application".

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
These are very small details you worry about.
They throw away the envelope after they received it anyways. No big deal if it's a little bigger.
Applications are forwarded to CPP-Ottawa regardless of what you put in that visa office field. I put the wrong office and they forwarded it to Ottawa anyways.
Just relax, as long as you are eligible and all documents are complete they won't return your package for small things like that.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kaytea said:
These are very small details you worry about.
They throw away the envelope after they received it anyways. No big deal if it's a little bigger.
Applications are forwarded to CPP-Ottawa regardless of what you put in that visa office field. I put the wrong office and they forwarded it to Ottawa anyways.
Just relax, as long as you are eligible and all documents are complete they won't return your package for small things like that.
Second that. The VO checking the application package will change the visa office to CPP-O as
all CEC applications are being processed at that office.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Thanks a lot for all your replies. My application has reached them on 9th September. I am now waiting for my AOR.