+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 questions after receiving the AINP nomination approval

lonelyrabbit

Jan 7, 2009
I received my AINP nomination approval letter yesterday (submitted at the end of Jan 2009 with old process). I read through the instructions and still feel confused about two things:
1. The instruction says to 'immediately sign and return the acknowledgement form'. Do they accept faxed copy or scanned copy by email? If mail of the original copy is needed, shall I send it back to the address where I originally mailed my pre-approval documents?
2. There is a form titled PN Status Update. My understanding is I only need write down the required contents along the process of my CIC application and return the form after I land in Alberta.
Any has experience or already completed this step, please advise. Thank you.

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
Hi Rabbit,

Congrats on receiving the AINP approval letter.

1. In my case, I faxed the letter and then sent it by snail mail.
2. The PN status update form should be used to communicate various steps of your CIC process to AINP (when you sent your application to CIC, when you sent your medicals, etc.). AINP folks use this to track your case file with CIC.

Hope this helps..ML

lonelyrabbit said:
I received my AINP nomination approval letter yesterday (submitted at the end of Jan 2009 with old process). I read through the instructions and still feel confused about two things:
1. The instruction says to 'immediately sign and return the acknowledgement form'. Do they accept faxed copy or scanned copy by email? If mail of the original copy is needed, shall I send it back to the address where I originally mailed my pre-approval documents?
2. There is a form titled PN Status Update. My understanding is I only need write down the required contents along the process of my CIC application and return the form after I land in Alberta.
Any has experience or already completed this step, please advise. Thank you.

lonelyrabbit

Jan 7, 2009
ML, your advice helps a lot. Thank you for your reply.

I also noticed that a lot of supporting documents needed for regular federal skilled worker category applicants are NOT needed for provincial nominees, e. g. education backgrond, work experience, language proficiency proof and settlement funds proof. This actually makes the waiting for nomination approval worthy because it kinda of simplifies our prep process and CIC's review process with the nomination as a screening procedure. Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks and good luck to you too.

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
Yes. Follow the supporting docs needed for PN and not FSW. Good luck 2u2.

lonelyrabbit said:
ML, your advice helps a lot. Thank you for your reply.

I also noticed that a lot of supporting documents needed for regular federal skilled worker category applicants are NOT needed for provincial nominees, e. g. education backgrond, work experience, language proficiency proof and settlement funds proof. This actually makes the waiting for nomination approval worthy because it kinda of simplifies our prep process and CIC's review process with the nomination as a screening procedure. Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks and good luck to you too.