+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 part time semesters will affect to Post Graduate work permit?

ldqtrung

Jan 28, 2020
Hello guys,

I'm so scared and I don't what to do now, ☹

I was a full-time student which is in 2-year program. I’ve never skipped any subject or class during that time. I fully finished that 2 years, but unfortunately, I failed 3 subjects due to low grade as I have to re-take them. I would have to take 2 more part-time semesters in order to finish all of that

Now I know that Its not allowed to take 2 last part-time semesters in order to apply for the Post Graduate work permit. (I wish I was researched about this sooner)

Do you have any advise what I should do? Or any chance for me to get the PGWP? Consider that I had finished my program completely just have to re-take some of the subjects I failed.

One of my friends said he had the exact same situation, He fully finished his program but he had to take 2 more semesters was part-time as he failed some of the subjects as he had to re-take as well, but turned out he still got that PGWP. The time on his work permit doesn’t count the time he took for the part-time semester (means he has lesser time in the work permit)

I did think about adding more subjects on the last part-time semester what I’m in; to make it full time; but seems like its too late

I really do appreciate for any comments ☹

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hello guys,

I was a full-time student which is in 2-year program. I’ve never skipped any subject or class during that time. I fully finished that 2 years, but unfortunately, I failed 3 subjects due to low grade as I have to re-take them. I would have to take 2 more part-time semesters in order to finish all of that

Now I know that Its not allowed to take 2 last part-time semesters in order to apply for the Post Graduate work permit. (I wish I was researched about this sooner)

Do you have any advise what I should do? Or any chance for me to get the PGWP? Consider that I had finished my program completely just have to re-take some of the subjects I failed.

One of my friends said he had the exact same situation, He fully finished his program but he had to take 2 more semesters was part-time as he failed some of the subjects as he had to re-take as well, but turned out he still got that PGWP. The time on his work permit doesn’t count the time he took for the part-time semester (means he has lesser time in the work permit)

I did think about adding more subjects on the last part-time semester what I’m in; to make it full time; but seems like its too late

I think you should talk to international advisor from the college regarding school. I think you should be fine regarding semester. Did you done two part time courses in September and January semester?

Reactions: ldqtrung

ldqtrung

Jan 28, 2020
I think you should talk to international advisor from the college regarding school. I think you should be fine regarding semester. Did you done two part time courses in September and January semester?
Thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhh for the response, just feel like someone found me from a hole :((((

Yes I've talked to them but they had no clue, they not really know about this, they said high chance I will get rejected :(

The September course -2 subjects - I done it. I'm on the way finishing this January semester as it going to be done soon.

I see that a lot of people rejected duo to 2 last part-time semesters. Is my case the same? because I fully done my full-time semester without any breaking or skipping. I just have to re-take 2 of these semester because I failed some of the subjects.

Anyway thank you so muchh :((

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhh for the response, just feel like someone found me from a hole :((((

Yes I've talked to them but they had no clue, they not really know about this, they said high chance I will get rejected :(

The September course -2 subjects - I done it. I'm on the way finishing this January semester as it going to be done soon.

I see that a lot of people rejected duo to 2 last part-time semesters. Is my case the same? because I fully done my full-time semester without any breaking or skipping. I just have to re-take 2 of these semester because I failed some of the subjects.

Anyway thank you so muchh :((
I’m not sure about new rules better to consult a lawyer before applying. Also don’t overthink you will be rejected think on another side you will be approved. As I already said talking to lawyer is best . You can attach a letter of explanation with your application for pgwp and tell them situation why you took two part time course. Don’t worry everything will be fine.

ldqtrung

Jan 28, 2020
I’m not sure about new rules better to consult a lawyer before applying. Also don’t overthink you will be rejected think on another side you will be approved. As I already said talking to lawyer is best . You can attach a letter of explanation with your application for pgwp and tell them situation why you took two part time course. Don’t worry everything will be fine.
Thank you so much, Deep down in my heart I know that was all on me by failing those subjects. But if you have any recommend or know anything else, please let me know :(

I do appreciate that.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Thank you so much, Deep down in my heart I know that was all on me by failing those subjects. But if you have any recommend or know anything else, please let me know :(

I do appreciate that.
There are lot of people who done two semesters part time and got pgwp so don’t worry just talk to lawyer and explain letter of explanation with application you will be fine .

Nov 1, 2022
Hello guys,

Hi ldqtrung, I'm in a similar situation as I've got 2 part-time semesters.

How did you explain your case in your letter of explanation?

Joseph777777

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Hello guys,

Did u still get ur pgwp