+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 one year back to back PG courses in Canada???

HarshaPatil

Dec 15, 2018
Hi,
I am planning to take 2 one-year PG courses, starting from Sept 2019. I have the following queries:

1. Are there any rules that I will have to complete both the courses from the same college or University or even the same Province?
2. Will I be eligible to work part-time during both the courses?
3. I am aware that this will give me a 2-year PGWP, will this duration be enough for me to apply for a PR?

Any other related information and help are appreciated!

Thanks a ton!
Harsha

dell.david

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the official length of your program of study is:

less than eight months
you are not eligible for this program
less than two years but more than eight months
you may get a work permit for a period no longer than the length of your program of study (for example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for a period of nine months)
two years or more
a work permit may be issued for three years

You program is of 1 year length x 2 . So you will get 2 year work permit. I'm sure about it.
It is better to take program of 2 academic year [16 months], And you will get 3 year PGWP.
hello Can you share your wats app number ?

I am bit confused

gauravvns

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Hi,
I am planning to take 2 one-year PG courses, starting from Sept 2019. I have the following queries:

1. Are there any rules that I will have to complete both the courses from the same college or University or even the same Province?
2. Will I be eligible to work part-time during both the courses?
3. I am aware that this will give me a 2-year PGWP, will this duration be enough for me to apply for a PR?

Any other related information and help are appreciated!

Thanks a ton!
Harsha
1. No, both courses can be from different colleges
2. Yes
3. You need 1 year of skilled exp for FSW program and then 1 year will be left to apply PR which usually takes 4-6 months to get PR. little close but still possible. Even if you go back to home country, you can apply from there, no worries

ayshazoya

Jul 24, 2021
Hi,
1. is it better to take a 1+1 PG programme or 2 years UG programme for PR in canada?

2. if the UG programme has CO-OP will that be beneficial for work permit?

3. which has better scope UG or PG ?