Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Asivad Anac said:
It's not an assumption.

CIC explicitly state that if the recalculated score is higher than the cutoff of that particular draw, the application would still be processed. Which is the case here. The OP has sufficient points without factoring in their LMIA job.
Fair enough. I didn't remember that explicitly. Thanks for putting that here.

darky07

Star Member
Oct 7, 2011
Thank you all for your replies and feedback. I filed a CSE just incase to see what CIC says. In the meantime I can get on with collecting the documents.

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Thanks Saskatchewan! Got ITA, score - 931

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
Hi - I got ITA today , score 1040 with ON PNP ....

gdardi

Aug 3, 2015
Hello
450 points here. Got an ita.

I got a question. My passport along with my visa and work permit expires in july 2016.

Do you guys think it will give me enough time for securing pr?

Or should I decline my ita. Apply renew my passport and resubmit my file?

Andy

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gdardi said:
Hello
450 points here. Got an ita.

I got a question. My passport along with my visa and work permit expires in july 2016.

Do you guys think it will give me enough time for securing pr?

Or should I decline my ita. Apply renew my passport and resubmit my file?

Andy
That should be enough time for the process. Not a good enough reason to decline an ITA. Even if things get delayed by say April/May next year, you can certainly renew your passport then and inform CIC when you get your new passport.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
fkl said:
Got ITA score 826 - CEC. working on LMIA based job. So didn't do any ECA, language test or ECA for spouse or past experience credentials.
congrats, I am so happy for you. Didn't you are in Montreal?

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Got ITA score 826 - CEC. working on LMIA based job. So didn't do any ECA, language test or ECA for spouse or past experience credentials.
Hi fkl. Please share how you managed to land a LMIA supported job for NOC 2174. Thanks.

sskurra

Mar 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
That PCC is valid, no explanations needed.
Hi Asivad,

I am also in the same confusion,
I found below .information from immigration.ca,could you please verify it once

Police Certificates (PCs) for electronic Applications Permanent Residence (e-APRs)
Purpose: To determine whether the applicant or the applicant’s family members have criminal records or pose a security risk to Canada

Document Requirements:

The authorities concerned must have issued the Police Certificates (PCs) in the three months prior to the submission of the electronic Applications for Permanent Residence (e-APRs)
The authorities require the Police Certificates (PCs) upfront
The Police Certificates (PCs) are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where the applicants have resided for six or more months in a row
In certain situations, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) could ask for the Police Certificates (PCs) on behalf of the applicant
In certain situations e.g. New Zealand, clients would need to complete a consent form for initiating Police Certificates (PCs)
These forms or requests typically require the applicant to submit certain documents
Therefore, the applicants would need to submit the documents required as part of the complete application
In exceptional circumstances, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) could accept:
Proof of having requested Police Certificates (PCs) for such countries or,
A letter of explanation of best efforts (which is certainly not a guarantee of acceptance)

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sskurra said:
Hi Asivad,

I am also in the same confusion,
I found below .information from immigration.ca,could you please verify it once

Police Certificates (PCs) for electronic Applications Permanent Residence (e-APRs)
Purpose: To determine whether the applicant or the applicant's family members have criminal records or pose a security risk to Canada

Document Requirements:

The authorities concerned must have issued the Police Certificates (PCs) in the three months prior to the submission of the electronic Applications for Permanent Residence (e-APRs)
The authorities require the Police Certificates (PCs) upfront
The Police Certificates (PCs) are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where the applicants have resided for six or more months in a row
In certain situations, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) could ask for the Police Certificates (PCs) on behalf of the applicant
In certain situations e.g. New Zealand, clients would need to complete a consent form for initiating Police Certificates (PCs)
These forms or requests typically require the applicant to submit certain documents
Therefore, the applicants would need to submit the documents required as part of the complete application
In exceptional circumstances, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) could accept:
Proof of having requested Police Certificates (PCs) for such countries or,
A letter of explanation of best efforts (which is certainly not a guarantee of acceptance)

Thanks
Outdated information from an outsider site.

This is the right place for information on PCC for CIC purposes ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

sskurra

Mar 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply Asivad, I found one case of rejection with below content that was under Express entry system.

33. Thank you for your interest in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete. Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Police Certificates Police certificate from India for your spouse was issued before submission of the application. It is not up to date. Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete. Refund of fees As we are rejecting your application, CIC will refund the fees that you have paid. This includes a refund of the processing fee and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if you have already paid this fee. Job Seeker account Since your application is rejected, you are no longer a candidate for Express Entry and your Express Entry profile number is no longer valid. If you registered for the Government of Canada's Job Bank, you should deactivate or remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website. You should also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from any private job board websites, if you used any. 2 New Express Entry profile If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you must submit a new Express Entry profile through your MyCIC account. If you choose to submit a new Express Entry profile, you must make sure your documents are valid on: - the date you submit your new Express Entry profile, - the date you submit your application for permanent residence, if you are invited to apply. Documents where validity is important are: - Upfront medical report: Valid for 12 months from the date of the medical assessment. - Education Credential Assessment: Must be no more than five years old. - Language test results: Must be no more than two years old. - Offer of arranged employment (includes Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and letter of employment offer): LMIAs are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Your letter of employment must demonstrate you have a current offer of employment. The information you submitted as part of your original Express Entry profile will remain in your MyCIC account for 60 calendar days from the date of this letter. This information can be used to submit a new Express Entry profile. If you submit a new Express Entry profile, you will get a new profile number. You will also get directions on how to register for Job Bank with this new number. Find out more about immigrating to Canada on our website. Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sskurra said:
Thanks for the reply Asivad, I found one case of rejection with below content that was under Express entry system.

33. Thank you for your interest in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete. Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Police Certificates Police certificate from India for your spouse was issued before submission of the application. It is not up to date. Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete. Refund of fees As we are rejecting your application, CIC will refund the fees that you have paid. This includes a refund of the processing fee and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if you have already paid this fee. Job Seeker account Since your application is rejected, you are no longer a candidate for Express Entry and your Express Entry profile number is no longer valid. If you registered for the Government of Canada's Job Bank, you should deactivate or remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website. You should also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from any private job board websites, if you used any. 2 New Express Entry profile If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you must submit a new Express Entry profile through your MyCIC account. If you choose to submit a new Express Entry profile, you must make sure your documents are valid on: - the date you submit your new Express Entry profile, - the date you submit your application for permanent residence, if you are invited to apply. Documents where validity is important are: - Upfront medical report: Valid for 12 months from the date of the medical assessment. - Education Credential Assessment: Must be no more than five years old. - Language test results: Must be no more than two years old. - Offer of arranged employment (includes Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and letter of employment offer): LMIAs are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Your letter of employment must demonstrate you have a current offer of employment. The information you submitted as part of your original Express Entry profile will remain in your MyCIC account for 60 calendar days from the date of this letter. This information can be used to submit a new Express Entry profile. If you submit a new Express Entry profile, you will get a new profile number. You will also get directions on how to register for Job Bank with this new number. Find out more about immigrating to Canada on our website. Thank you for your interest in Canada.
The letter isn't clear on the details other than informing the applicant that their spouse's Indian PCC was "not up to date".

It probably means that they are applying from India and the spouse's Indian PCC was obtained 6 months before application submission (if the submission happened after 23rd April 2015 when the policy changed from the earlier requirement of 3 months) or 3 months before application submission (if the submission happened before 4/23).

Chico86

Oct 3, 2015
Hi! Can someone tell me if I need to upload certified copies of my documents or would simple scans suffice?