+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 NOC codes on the same job

BZN

Oct 22, 2018
Hi All!

I just realized that my work duties relate to 2 different NOC codes (0433 and 0112) at the same work place, same duration. But when I created a job entry with a separate NOC code, another employment letter was added to my document checklist. Since its the same work place and same duration, can I submit just one letter with duties listed for both NOC codes or will I have to request my employer for 2 separate reference letters, 1 for each NOC code?

TIA

Lift48

Oct 14, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
8232 / 2145
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi All!

I just realized that my work duties relate to 2 different NOC codes (0433 and 0112) at the same work place, same duration. But when I created a job entry with a separate NOC code, another employment letter was added to my document checklist. Since its the same work place and same duration, can I submit just one letter with duties listed for both NOC codes or will I have to request my employer for 2 separate reference letters, 1 for each NOC code?

TIA
Just to clarify, have you worked on the same position for that duration, and chose 2 different NOC codes for that position?

BZN

Oct 22, 2018
Well, it's more like my range of duties fall under 2 different Nice as per the NOC descriptions. It's the same position, same place, same duration

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Well, it's more like my range of duties fall under 2 different Nice as per the NOC descriptions. It's the same position, same place, same duration
You should select one NOC which matches most with your job duties. You don't have to do all the duties rather need to do substantial number of duties mentioned in the NOC page. You also need to have at least 1 year continuous work experience in your primary NOC. Many applicants have duties which fall under different NOCs but usually people go with the one dominent. Keep your application as simple as possible for Case Analyst otherwise Case Analyst may tag your file as "review required" which is currently taking upto a year to be reviewed and finalized.

BZN

Oct 22, 2018
You should select one NOC which matches most with your job duties. You don't have to do all the duties rather need to do substantial number of duties mentioned in the NOC page. You also need to have at least 1 year continuous work experience in your primary NOC. Many applicants have duties which fall under different NOCs but usually people go with the one dominent. Keep your application as simple as possible for Case Analyst otherwise Case Analyst may tag your file as "review required" which is currently taking upto a year to be reviewed and finalized.

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi All!

TIA
Yes, you need to choose the one NOC code which shows your job duties better.
There is no need to demonstrate all the duties.

And as mentioned already, do you have a minium of a year work experience? in your main NOC?

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hi All!

TIA
Did you apply using NOC 0433? If so how did it go?

I have experience in a foreign military under the NOC 0433 however am uncertain if I can use it given it says Canadian Forces.